Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 8th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

You're correct in that, capsocrates.

Would it be better to word the power closer to Swordplay, then?
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:56 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Wait a minute... you do realise you're agreeing to review pretty much the exact same mechanic as Swordplay, which you still seem to have a problem with, don't you?
I don't know Swordplay so I really can't comment on how I feel about that.

If the Attack number is reduced by 1 each attack (as opposed to "attack with one less die"), then most of my issues go away. There is an odd issue involving allowing someone to attack repeatedly with zero dice, which I'll bring up with the C3V editing team and may kill the design. For example, player A's Rampage could repeatedly roll zero attack dice at Player B's Deathreaver so that Player B can swarm Player C's area with Deathreavers. If we can't prevent shenanigans like that, it won't get through Inner Sanctum review.
Pretty sure the Deathreaver thing isn't an issue since he has to kill something to get another attack. So right now he could get one attack of 0, but no infinite scatter.

Honestly, I think I'd rather see Rage of Destruction as special attack though. Makes things way easier, and might help separate him from the Frost Giant as well.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:58 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
You're correct in that, capsocrates.

Would it be better to word the power closer to Swordplay, then?
This power is unrelated to SWORDPLAY. This thread is not for discussing SWORDPLAY. Please consider discussion of SWORDPLAY in this thread to be finished.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

OK, but about SWORDPLAY....

Seriously, though, that power needs "with a normal attack", lest you get weird questions about leaving engagement attacks or the Bolt of Witherwood glyph or Lumbering Bully triggering an out-of-turn attack from Rampage.
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Seriously, though, that power needs "with a normal attack", lest you get weird questions about leaving engagement attacks or the Bolt of Witherwood glyph or Lumbering Bully triggering an out-of-turn attack from Rampage.
Wow, I can't believe I missed that I think my brain just auto-filled it in.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

Wow, I can't believe I missed that I think my brain just auto-filled it in.
I also thought the intent was pretty clear. Aren't there other powers that mention "attacks" and mean Normal or Special Attacks?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; May 8th, 2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: SAs obviously not being relevant in the case of Rampage
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Wait a minute... you do realise you're agreeing to review pretty much the exact same mechanic as Swordplay, which you still seem to have a problem with, don't you?
I don't know Swordplay so I really can't comment on how I feel about that.

If the Attack number is reduced by 1 each attack (as opposed to "attack with one less die"), then most of my issues go away. There is an odd issue involving allowing someone to attack repeatedly with zero dice, which I'll bring up with the C3V editing team and may kill the design. For example, player A's Rampage could repeatedly roll zero attack dice at Player B's Deathreaver so that Player B can swarm Player C's area with Deathreavers. If we can't prevent shenanigans like that, it won't get through Inner Sanctum review.
I can imagine some clauses that could go on the end of the power to prevent said shenanigans without changing the power's mechanics.

--

Lazy O, SWORDPLAY allows a figure to get extra *attacks* for each extra attack die that they start with. It works that way because it subtracts attack dice rather than subtracting from the attack value. Rampage, on the other hand, subtracts from the attack value, so things like getting height do not increase his possible number of attacks. Although I suppose anything that modified his attack value might do that--like INDOMITABLE.
Rage of Destruction
Each time Rampage destroys he may attack again with one less attack die.

SWORDPLAY
If Fandral attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

Except that Swordplay's wording is more polished, and the trigger is different, the wording is exactly the same, and they play exactly the same. Swordplay acts like it's the attack value that's lowered as well, rather than the number of dice - that's the way it is always played in C3G. It is because it is the base attack value rather than the number of attack dice that's lowered that they can potentially attack more with things like height. I'll admit, the wording of this isn't quite clear, but, as Megasilver said, that's the way it's played - maybe C3G should have used the 'subtracting one from your attack' wording instead, but that's how it works. This may actually be something worth querying to the C3G Design Team.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
SWORDPLAY
If Fandral attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack and at least one skull is rolled, he may attack an adjacent figure again. He may continue attacking adjacent figures, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack, until you fail to roll a skull.

Except that Swordplay's wording is more polished, and the trigger is different, the wording is exactly the same, and they play exactly the same. Swordplay acts like it's the attack value that's lowered as well, rather than the number of dice - that's the way it is always played in C3G. It is because it is the base attack value rather than the number of attack dice that's lowered that they can potentially attack more with things like height. I'll admit, the wording of this isn't quite clear, but, as Megasilver said, that's the way it's played - maybe C3G should have used the 'subtracting one from your attack' wording instead, but that's how it works. This may actually be something worth querying to the C3G Design Team.
We're not looking for finely-polished wording here, the Editing team will handle that if the unit passes review.

The wording is definitely not exactly the same, and if they're played exactly the same the wording on Swordplay is inaccurate. Rolling fewer attack dice is not the same as reducing one's Attack value.

Regardless, let's put this to rest. We know the intent of the power and we can test based on that. Editing will hammer out the finer details if it comes to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Pretty sure the Deathreaver thing isn't an issue since he has to kill something to get another attack. So right now he could get one attack of 0, but no infinite scatter.
Oh yeah, duh. *pulls foot out of mouth*

There may be some corner cases, but in general this is just a variation on Double Attack. I'll discuss with the Editors if this passes initial submission, but I'm pretty sure we can make it work.
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
SWORDPLAY

We're not looking for finely-polished wording here, the Editing team will handle that if the unit passes review.

The wording is definitely not exactly the same, and if they're played exactly the same the wording on Swordplay is inaccurate. Rolling fewer attack dice is not the same as reducing one's Attack value.
Fair point - that is the way I've always seen it played, but it may be that the wording isn't quite right. I'll bring this up to C3G.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 8th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old May 8th, 2014, 01:03 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shall I make a new card with Attack value in the wording instead of attack dice?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 8th, 2014, 02:06 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Shall I make a new card with Attack value in the wording instead of attack dice?
That would be appreciated, but I won't require it.
Old May 12th, 2014, 06:27 PM

Cormin the Dark by Maklar the Silver Prince has passed United Fanscape Review and moves forward in the process.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs