Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 28th, 2018, 03:17 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
And truth be told...you can always boost him up with Beorn Boltcutter and bond him with the Zettian Infantry...which should make him much more useful.
Beorn slipped my mind, so thanks for the reminder. M.A.R.S. would definitely appreciate that extra move, and the attack die doesn't hurt, either.

Bonding him with Zettian Infantry would require changing the general to Utgar, though, disrupting the Vulcanmech aesthetic. I prefer him as a more standalone hero, since the Incendiborgs are already pretty good and hard to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
EDIT: I say you update his ATT to 4 and then you're probably good to get him submitted...assuming of course you've playtested him...which if not, then you're probably good to playtest and move forward. I'm excited and interested to see the response and feedback from the judges...officially that is.
Thanks for the advice. I haven't been able to test him yet (that's the main reason why I took him here instead of the Pre-SoV thread), but I could use a break from playing Eltris all of the time, and I feel like it's best to get this design out before availability on the pack dwindles. I'll run my tests and then submit him once I'm comfortable that the balance is right.
Old June 29th, 2018, 05:39 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Just my : Zettian Guards (remember ? From the first Master Set ! ) are soulborgs with a Move value of 4.

Allowing 2 dice jets for explosion-kind attacks and/or increasing the move value would make him way more powerful, and consequently, costy.

IMO Explosion attacks are one of the more threatful of the game. I remember a tournament I used Warforged + Heirloom. Just from his presence, he managed to change all the strategies of my opponents, they just could not take the risk of an Orb destroying a bunch of their squads (and it did not failed : I won a game by points at the time limit due to a last-minute explosion in a group of Minute Mens !).
Probably not everyone can take as much advantage as I manage to get from explosive attacks (required great experience in order management and anticipation + figure placement), but this seems enough for me to to require a huge point value increase if you have a figure with reliable explosion (here throwing 2 rolls for example) or making it easier to use with a too high threat range.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old September 11th, 2018, 02:29 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

What do you think about my Trollblood Lord and I would like feedback, also here is the miniature.
The figure used for this unit is a Troll from the D&D set. The name and model number is Skalmad, the Troll King Dangerous Delve #34.
Old September 11th, 2018, 09:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like this custom!

Battle Frenzy works very well on this card.

I'd probably give him Battle Axe from Torin instead of Great Axe. I don't think he'd be quite 120, but that's for you to figure out in playtesting.
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:36 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like this custom!

Battle Frenzy works very well on this card.

I'd probably give him Battle Axe from Torin instead of Great Axe. I don't think he'd be quite 120, but that's for you to figure out in playtesting.
I thought about changing it to Battle Axe and it affects small, medium and large figures with 2 extra attack dice. What do you think his point be anyway?
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Battleaxe only works on small and medium figures (and apparently it's one word, who knew).

I think he looks like he'd be 110 points. Like I said, that's something to figure out in testing.
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:41 PM

What do you think about my custom squad the Blood Mist Assassins and I would like feedback, also here is the miniatures.
The figure used for this unit is League Assassin from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is League Assassin Brave and the Bold #004.
The figure used for this unit is League Elite from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is League Elite Brave and the Bold #011.
The figure used for this unit is The Sensei from Auggies Heroclix Set. The name and model number is The Sensei Brave and the Bold #026.

Old September 12th, 2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Battleaxe only works on small and medium figures (and apparently it's one word, who knew).

I think he looks like he'd be 110 points. Like I said, that's something to figure out in testing.
I figure it should be different because my Trollblood Lord custom is Huge and Torin is Large.
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

Blood Mist Assassins

It's a cool custom.

Not sure I like "Shinobi" as a class. Any reason why you chose that?

I also would have a slight concern that it would be hard to keep track of which Assassin had hidden himself with Smoke Cloud, especially in the middle of a big turn like Ashigaru. You could make it more like the Nakita Agents, where either they all hide or none of them hide.

Trollblood Lord
Good reasoning. I guess that might make sense if you're sure he's Huge. I'm not sure he's that much bigger than Torin though. Do you have the miniature?
Old September 12th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Blood Mist Assassins

It's a cool custom.

Not sure I like "Shinobi" as a class. Any reason why you chose that?

I also would have a slight concern that it would be hard to keep track of which Assassin had hidden himself with Smoke Cloud, especially in the middle of a big turn like Ashigaru. You could make it more like the Nakita Agents, where either they all hide or none of them hide.

Trollblood Lord
Good reasoning. I guess that might make sense if you're sure he's Huge. I'm not sure he's that much bigger than Torin though. Do you have the miniature?
I do have the Torin miniature & the miniature for Trollblood Lord and my miniature is bigger. If I ever get to playtest the Blood Mist Assassins, I was thinking of put a marker on the miniature base to indicate that figure has no hit zones.
Old September 12th, 2018, 01:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
This guy looks like a fun spin on the Feral Troll. I agree with superfrog that Battleaxe seems like it could be reused here (and as a general rule of thumb, reusing powers where possible is good for simplicity's sake). However, if you want it to affect large figures as well, like you mentioned later, then the name would be fine being left as Great Axe or the like, to call back to the original power but hint that this one is slightly stronger.

Either way, I do recommend dropping the extra attack dice down to 2. 3 dice is a big bonus, especially against most figures in the game.

As a small question about theme, why are you thinking an Uncommon Hero for this guy? If he's called the Trollblood Lord and has a King class, then I'd personally expect him to be unique, to further differentiate him from the more common trolls that he rules over.

Quote:
I'd personally prefer for a class of Ninja, so that these guys can get the same synergies with SoV's Kantono Daishi as the Ninjas of the Northern Wind, but I could see Shinobi working as the class if you don't want that synergy to exist.

I feel like these guys are actually overcosted a fair bit. Phantom Walk combined with Double Attack/Deadly Strike is good, but I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to kill 150 points in a normal game. As a quick guess, I'd probably price them at 130 points and playtest from there until they feel pretty balanced.

Alternatively, if you wanted to keep the theme of a very high-cost Unique Squad of ninjas, I think that it could be interesting to decrease the number required for Smoke Cloud. At 16, I don't see it being very reliable, but it could be interesting to see Ninjas that are practically impossible to hit from range, darting in and out to quickly assassinate things.

Quote:
...If I ever get to playtest the Blood Mist Assassins, I was thinking of put a marker on the miniature base to indicate that figure has no hit zones.
I'm not a huge fan of that. Putting markers on the base of figures can get messy when trying to get them to stay in place (as my games of Arena of the Planeswalkers have proven), and we haven't seen anything like that in HeroScape before. I would suggest keeping it similar to Smoke Powder as superfrog suggested, in that either every Blood Mist Assassin is invisible or none of them are.
Old September 12th, 2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
This guy looks like a fun spin on the Feral Troll. I agree with superfrog that Battleaxe seems like it could be reused here (and as a general rule of thumb, reusing powers where possible is good for simplicity's sake). However, if you want it to affect large figures as well, like you mentioned later, then the name would be fine being left as Great Axe or the like, to call back to the original power but hint that this one is slightly stronger.

Either way, I do recommend dropping the extra attack dice down to 2. 3 dice is a big bonus, especially against most figures in the game.

As a small question about theme, why are you thinking an Uncommon Hero for this guy? If he's called the Trollblood Lord and has a King class, then I'd personally expect him to be unique, to further differentiate him from the more common trolls that he rules over.

Quote:
I'd personally prefer for a class of Ninja, so that these guys can get the same synergies with SoV's Kantono Daishi as the Ninjas of the Northern Wind, but I could see Shinobi working as the class if you don't want that synergy to exist.

I feel like these guys are actually overcosted a fair bit. Phantom Walk combined with Double Attack/Deadly Strike is good, but I find it hard to believe that they'll be able to kill 150 points in a normal game. As a quick guess, I'd probably price them at 130 points and playtest from there until they feel pretty balanced.

Alternatively, if you wanted to keep the theme of a very high-cost Unique Squad of ninjas, I think that it could be interesting to decrease the number required for Smoke Cloud. At 16, I don't see it being very reliable, but it could be interesting to see Ninjas that are practically impossible to hit from range, darting in and out to quickly assassinate things.

Quote:
...If I ever get to playtest the Blood Mist Assassins, I was thinking of put a marker on the miniature base to indicate that figure has no hit zones.
I'm not a huge fan of that. Putting markers on the base of figures can get messy when trying to get them to stay in place (as my games of Arena of the Planeswalkers have proven), and we haven't seen anything like that in HeroScape before. I would suggest keeping it similar to Smoke Powder as superfrog suggested, in that either every Blood Mist Assassin is invisible or none of them are.
I changed my custom the Trollblood Lord, to a unique hero instead of uncommon. Here is the card for my custom hero and is more than a normal troll.

I made some changes to the Blood Mist Assassins and they are Blood Mist Ninjas. Here the army card for them, hope you like them. When using them you might want to use a shadow tile to cover up the line of sight on the army card to show they are invisible at the time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards