Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Hugo Strange

The Book of Hugo Strange

C3G DC WAVE 12
LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #106-108 / Batman.

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #055-057 / Blue Beetle.
Its model number and name are #139 / Ted Kord.
Character Bio - As the standing psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum, Hugo Strange has learned a lot about the insane criminal minds of Gotham. As he has studied each case, he has found one consistent element that has plagued each patient: Batman. Intrigued by this masked vigilante, Hugo has studied all that he can about the tactics, habits, and even identity of the caped crusader, to the point where he has discovered his true identity: Bruce Wayne. With this knowledge, Hugo has developed a bit of an obsession in toying with Batman, even to the point of losing his own mind and dressing up like him. Hugo's position in Gotham's society makes him one of the most dangerous opponent's and his knowledge of psychiatry allows him to even manipulate the actions of the insane. In his experiments with narcotics on insane patients, Hugo has developed a drug that grants them peak levels of Human physical fitness, and a drive to kill.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q - Can I choose Hugo to be affected by Mutagenic Experiment?
    A - Yes. Also, while the affects last through the round, even though his special powers are negated, he is still affected by Mutagenic Experiment, because it is an affect that lasts all round and was triggered before it was negated.
  • Q:Can Harley Quinn take a turn after Hugo Strange if he uses Insane Provocation? Harley's card says "after taking a turn" and Insane Provocation says "instead of taking a turn with Hugo Strange".
  • A:No. The “instead of taking a turn with Hugo Strange” inclusion in his Insane Provocation power means just that, you are substituting that action for his turn. So powers that say “after taking a turn with..” can't be used after Hugo Strange uses Insane Provocation because he didn't take a turn.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Hugo Strange may move and activate figures with the Insane personality with his Insane Provocation special power. Current Insane figures.
  • Hugo Strange may mutate a figure with the Insane personality with his Mutagenic Experiment special power. Current Insane figures.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-Card Updates:
7 March 2021 - Class changed to Psychopath

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 06:20 PM. Reason: png
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Hugo Strange - on hold for design

NAME = HUGO STRANGE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = INSANE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 155

MUTAGENIC EXPERIMENT
At the start of a round, before rolling for initiative, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on any Army Card you control with the Insane personality. Until the end of that round, all special powers on the chosen Army Card are negated, its species is Mutate, its Move number is 6, its Range number is 1, and its Attack number is 6. You can only use this special power once per game.

INSANE PROVOCATION
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Hugo Strange, you may either:
• Move up to 6 other figures you control with the Insane personality up to 4 spaces each; or
• Take a turn with one other Army Card you control with the Insane Personality.

VIGILANTES UNMASKED
Vigilante figures that have a secret identity cannot engage and attack Hugo Strange on the same turn.

Last edited by tcglkn; March 7th, 2021 at 08:12 PM.
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM

Re: The Book of Hugo Strange - on hold for design

HUGO STRANGE TUTORIAL - This one is easy and it isn't. Replacing Batman's head with Blue Beetle's head is easy; just cut and paste. Painting the head and face of Blue Beetle just right takes some skill and steady hands. Paint the entire head flesh colored. Then paint a thin black beard going from one ear to the next. Go back over the beard line several times until you get the thickness the way you want it. Paint a small triangle on the chin. For the eyebrows, I recommend the happy meal method. That is where you paint an "M" like from McDonalds across the brow, then paint the center of it flesh over top so that it becomes two eye brows. Then paint the goggles copper. TIP/HINT: For painting details, it is very important that you use a paint brush that has a very small and pointy tip. Also, never put too much paint on the brush, just a very small amount and go back for more paint often. And bracing your elbows on the table or into your sides can help to avoid shaky arms.
Old January 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Hugo Strange - Design

Blue text in the OP should probably mention that it's a custom figure based off of all of that.

Left box and stats look good.

Quote:
INSANE PROVOCATION
When Hugo Strange attacks or is attacked, you may immediately move every other figure you control with the Insane personality up to 5 spaces each.
For a bit less in-game complexity, I'd prefer to see this have a single trigger, when he's attacked.

Quote:
VIGILANTES UNMASKED
Vigilante figures that have a secret identity, cannot engage and attack Hugo Strange on the same turn.
Interesting. I like the theme in the title and have played around with a power representing knowledge of a vigilante's secret identity. I'm not sure this nails it 100%, but it's as close or closer than anything I've come up with.

I'd prefer just "Unmasked" for the title.

Quote:
MUTAGENIC MONSTER MEN
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Hugo Strange, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on one other Army Card you control with the Insane personality and take an immediate turn with it. Until the end of the turn, all special powers on it are negated, its species is Mutate, its Move is 6, its Range is 1, and its Attack is 6.
The theme of this must be coming from a story I'm not familiar with it. I'm sure the eventual bio will touch on it. For now, it seems oddly specific ...

Looks good overall.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 11th, 2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Quote:
INSANE PROVOCATION
When Hugo Strange attacks or is attacked, you may immediately move every other figure you control with the Insane personality up to 5 spaces each.
For a bit less in-game complexity, I'd prefer to see this have a single trigger, when he's attacked.
I don't think it is too complex at all really, and though it is a dual trigger, the triggers are the "same". I love the in game potential of attacking one of your own Arkham Inmates and making them all scurry.
Quote:
Quote:
VIGILANTES UNMASKED
Vigilante figures that have a secret identity, cannot engage and attack Hugo Strange on the same turn.
Interesting. I like the theme in the title and have played around with a power representing knowledge of a vigilante's secret identity. I'm not sure this nails it 100%, but it's as close or closer than anything I've come up with.

Why? Why take off Vigilante? It is a Vigilante specific power.
Quote:
Quote:
MUTAGENIC MONSTER MEN
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Hugo Strange, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on one other Army Card you control with the Insane personality and take an immediate turn with it. Until the end of the turn, all special powers on it are negated, its species is Mutate, its Move is 6, its Range is 1, and its Attack is 6.
The theme of this must be coming from a story I'm not familiar with it. I'm sure the eventual bio will touch on it. For now, it seems oddly specific ...

Looks good overall.
I am only familiar with him doing this in the Video Game, but the encyclopedias have it recorded as part of his history. I think he may have done it Looooong ago in the golden age.
Old January 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think Insane Provocation is just too much power. It needs to be limited some way like just when he is attacked by an adjacent figure or some other way. It just seems too much as is.

I like Vigilantes Unmasked, cool power.

The mechanics for Mutagenic Monster Men are interesting but I missing the theme.
Old January 11th, 2012, 05:33 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
I agree with Griff here. It's a power that could be re-used for other classes also just by replacing the Vigilante in the title & text with the other appropriate class.
Old January 11th, 2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I think Insane Provocation is just too much power. It needs to be limited some way like just when he is attacked by an adjacent figure or some other way. It just seems too much as is.
I could reduce the move number to 4, maybe, but really I don't think it is going to suffer from over power at all. Still, if it does, we could cap the number of figures moved or create an interesting number of figures moved by rolling dice and counting blanks (too much like Martian Manhunter, but you get the idea), or maybe something crazy and weird like count the number of unrevealed order markers in play on Insane cards.
Quote:

The mechanics for Mutagenic Monster Men are interesting but I missing the theme.
He mutates and manipulates crazy people. I think this power is cool, but it isn't exactly all that iconic. We could just scrap it all together.
Old January 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I agree with Griff here. It's a power that could be re-used for other classes also just by replacing the Vigilante in the title & text with the other appropriate class.
I just like how it reads better. Not a deal breaker. I also associate Vigilantes with "masks" more than anyone else, and can't really think of another faction that so prizes their secret identities, so I'm not sure I really see it fitting anywhere else very well. "Archers Unmasked" or even "Crime Fighters Unmasked" doesn't so much do it for me ... I'd go "Champions Unmasked" but guys like Superman and Captain Marvel don't technically wear masks anyway ... Anyway, like I said, not a deal breaker for me. If I reuse it on anything, it's likely going to be the Vigilante version.

Quote:
Quote:
I could reduce the move number to 4, maybe, but really I don't think it is going to suffer from over power at all. Still, if it does, we could cap the number of figures moved or create an interesting number of figures moved by rolling dice and counting blanks (too much like Martian Manhunter, but you get the idea), or maybe something crazy and weird like count the number of unrevealed order markers in play on Insane cards.
I just worry a tad about adding it to all the defensive powers that trigger for the opponent when you're attacking already. I mean, if I'm taking Hugo Strange and his Insane posse up against Batman, Angel, and a crowd of Civvies, how long after Hugo finishes rolling his attack dice until I'm likely able to take a turn with Harley Quinn in that scenario?

Quote:
Quote:
He mutates and manipulates crazy people. I think this power is cool, but it isn't exactly all that iconic. We could just scrap it all together.
I don't hate it, but I do think the core of Strange is represented without it very well (1. He's obsessed with Batman, a vigilante 2. He knows Batman's secret identity 3. He's a psychologist who regularly manipulates the insane).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 11th, 2012, 08:02 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great design. Like the Insane synergies. Movement is exactly what they need as a faction.

How about for Insane Provocation you can move each Insane figure with an (revealed or unrevlead?) Order Marker on its Army Card?

I think Mutagenic Monster Men is a fun power. I wonder if the name could be made a touch more generic to encompass Insane Heroes a little better Mutagenic Experiment or something like that? Good call at negating special powers on the card. (looking at you Deadpool)
Old January 12th, 2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Great design. Like the Insane synergies. Movement is exactly what they need as a faction.
I knew you and I would know that better than anyone.
Quote:
How about for Insane Provocation you can move each Insane figure with an (revealed or unrevlead?) Order Marker on its Army Card?
Great Idea.
Quote:
I think Mutagenic Monster Men is a fun power. I wonder if the name could be made a touch more generic to encompass Insane Heroes a little better Mutagenic Experiment or something like that? Good call at negating special powers on the card. (looking at you Deadpool)
In the encyclopedias, they call them "monster men". It is fun power, but as Bats said, it isn't necessary for the iconic nature of the character. I can live with or without this power here. Poll time?

Do you want Mutagenic Monster Men as a power on the card?
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Good stuff here Griff. I'm not familiar with the character, other than the one time I rented Batman:Arkham City. So I can't comment too much on the theme. I like that the Insanes get to move, though agree that 4 is probably good to start with.

Quote:
MUTAGENIC MONSTER MEN
For MMM, it looks like Arkham Inmates would get to do this, so you could have 3 attacks of 6 coming at you, so that's kind of scary. The thing that is weird to me though, is if he's mutating and controlling the crazies, I would think that it would last for the remainder of the game. I mean if he's done experiments on them and "mutates" them, it doesn't seem like it would be something that would only last a few minutes and then go away. I don't know enough about him to say whether he should have a power like this or not, but in this form it seems weird for the reason I mentioned.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library