Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 1st, 2016, 06:49 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Thanks, Jim!
Here are a couple of quick pics. They definitely aren't as chunky as HS figs, and they may be a bit smaller, but they aren't too far off...

Awesome! Thanks again!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old February 1st, 2016, 07:28 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Grabbed Shadow Agents ($6 game, looks cool! )
I got one of his previous games & haven't played it yet as I haven't set the time aside to sit down & cut the counters out. The game I got was printed on thin card & all fit in a standard letter envelope. Interesting idea to keep the costs low. But as it wasn't ready to play straight away I haven't played it.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 12:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Final 38 hours for:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-board-game

It is currently sitting at $1,139,845 (and when I say 'sitting' I mean it is rising very very fast) and it has unlocked a lot of additional stuff.
Miniature Market has this on their Daily Sale. I was wondering if the figures are similar scale to Heroscape?
Similar, yes. I don't have a way to grab a picture at the moment, but I can post one later.

Just remember that the retail version comes with much less than the Kickstarter link I originally posted.
Played this once ( a guy in my game group spent a boatload kickstarting it), and I wasn't impressed. He wanted to try a further along mission, one against Stay Pufft, and our guys were pretty much leveled up most of the way at the start of that mission. Kind of boring and disappointing.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 2nd, 2016, 02:15 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

The Walking Dead: All Out War Kickstarter is now live.
This is from Mantic who did Mars Attacks, DeadZone, Kings of War, and several other extremely successful KSs. Looking forward to seeing more of the ruleset.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 11:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It may be a fine game, but if I wanted the experience of The Walking Dead in a board game, I would play Dead of Winter. That game felt to me like being in the show.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 2nd, 2016, 12:24 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It may be a fine game, but if I wanted the experience of The Walking Dead in a board game, I would play Dead of Winter. That game felt to me like being in the show.
it's well documented that I'm not a fan of the zombie genre, but this game is awesome!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old February 2nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

This is from Mantic who did Mars Attacks, DeadZone, Kings of War, and several other extremely successful KSs. Looking forward to seeing more of the ruleset.
I was excited for this, but $125 for a game I don't know any rules about, and doesn't include NEGAN (WHAT THE HECK, it's All Out War!), I can't justify it.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 01:43 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

I was excited for this, but $125 for a game I don't know any rules about, and doesn't include NEGAN (WHAT THE HECK, it's All Out War!), I can't justify it.
The game has like 20 miniatures without stretch goals. I'm sure it may be a fine game, but if I've ever seen a game overpriced, this is it. They're totally banking on the IP to sell copies. I love the Walking Dead, but this is nuts.

In other KS news, I just late pledged
. Base collection comes with 36 minis and a TON of other components. With all stretch goals met, it will ship with 78 minis for $100. I think it's a neat take on the skirmish game. PVE and PVP at the same time. Really wish I would have found their first Arcadia Quest campaign. I don't think the base set itself is a great value, but the extras put it over the top.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 01:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I wasn't very impressed with Maniac Games after I pledged for part of their Mars Attacks kickstarter.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 06:57 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I wasn't very impressed with Maniac Games after I pledged for part of their Mars Attacks kickstarter.
What issue did you have with the MA KS? I backed it and was pretty pleased. Stuff came more or less on time and components were cool, game was well designed and fun.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 07:10 PM

@SpriteMichaeler Arcadia Quest is a lot of fun. I have the base game and expansion. It's definitely best suited for a campaign instead of one off games, but it's a great mix of PVE/PVE
Old February 2nd, 2016, 08:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
What issue did you have with the MA KS? I backed it and was pretty pleased. Stuff came more or less on time and components were cool, game was well designed and fun.
They were terrible about posting any updates even though Kickstarter requires a monthly one. They promised a new set of WWII army figures, then tried to substitute in some other companies product later on when they decided the profit margins were good enough to deliver what they offered. I ordered the building walls, but they didn't send enough connectors to actually assemble the walls they provided. I had to ask them to send me more connectors. Customer service took forever for them to get back to me when dealing with the army figure swap issue. All around it just seemed like they were more interested in grabbing up as much kick starter money as fast as possible while doing as little work as possible. I was under the impression that the prior kickstarter they had run still had not been completed and fulfilled when the launched the Mars Attack one. Had I known that at the time I never would have pledged with them. Bring one game successfully to market before you dive into a second one. Once you have a proven track record of success and have worked out all the kinks in the process, then you can start taking on multiple projects at a time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games