Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 16th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Doctor Manhattan (Design Phase)

Cold is pretty much perfect, though, isn't it? Here's a bunch of definitions:

3. Lacking emotion; objective
4. Having no appeal to the senses or feelings
5. a. Not affectionate or friendly; aloof
b. Exhibiting or feeling no enthusiasm
c. Devoid of sexual desire; frigid

He's SUPER cold. He shows emotion two or three times through the entire story, so distant from humanity that he essentially just watches. Even at his most vivid he's still super chilly.
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Here's a rewrite that I think should cover most bases:

DOCTOR MANHATTAN
JONATHAN OSTERMAN

ENTITY
EVENT HERO
RECLUSE
COLD

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 9

MOVE 9
RANGE 9
ATTACK 9
DEFENSE 9

500 POINTS?

RECONSTITUTION

Before placing Order Markers, if Doctor Manhattan is destroyed, you may place him on any empty space on the battlefield and remove 4 Wound Markers from this card.

INFINITE BEING
After revealing an Order Marker on a figure you control, you may choose if Doctor Manhattan is considered Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge, view any Order Markers on your opponents’ cards, and rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control.

APATHETIC
Before taking a turn with Doctor Manhattan, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or less, Doctor Manhattan’s turn immediately ends.

MOLECULAR TELEPORTATION
Instead of moving with Doctor Manhattan, you may choose any friendly adjacent figures and place place him on any unoccupied spaces on the battlefield. After placing Doctor Manhattan, place the chosen figures on any empty spaces adjacent to Doctor Manhattan. Figures moved by Molecular Teleportation never take leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH SYMBOL
FLYING SYMBOL
I can get on board with all of that, including Cold.

Should Infinite Being only work "if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card"? That'd make it clearer that it doesn't work if he's completely out of the game, and lets Ozy somewhat mess with him. (Though I'm not sure he'd ever be completely out of the game with any thing short of [redacted], in which case his card is gone too, so it might be moot).

I think Reconstitution should specify "Before placing Order Markers at the start of a round" so that Rules Lawyers don't consider it active when you rearrange markers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:43 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Cold is pretty much perfect, though, isn't it? Here's a bunch of definitions:

3. Lacking emotion; objective
4. Having no appeal to the senses or feelings
5. a. Not affectionate or friendly; aloof
b. Exhibiting or feeling no enthusiasm
c. Devoid of sexual desire; frigid

He's SUPER cold. He shows emotion two or three times through the entire story, so distant from humanity that he essentially just watches. Even at his most vivid he's still super chilly.
I know by definition it works, I just think it feels more sinister. And though the Doc doesn't always care, he's definitely not sinister.
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Unfeeling?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I don't think of Cold being sinister. Coldblooded would be sinister.

How about Apathetic or Indifferent?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I don't pick up the sinister connotation at all. I guess Distant would work, but it's a lot less pure than Cold.

Second post updated with some of Bats' proposals. I think that's pretty solid overall.

Still need to decide on a figure though. quozl seemed to be in favor of the Large, anyone else have an opinion?
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

They always say, "go big or go home"

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm fine with whatever figure here. Since he can change size at will, I'll just use the small, cheap one.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I use this one.

http://trollandtoad.com/p299927.html

Cheaper, and two figs for the price of one.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Alright, I'll go with the Large figure here and send this out to the ERB.

Sticking with Cold still for now but if anything has any better ideas feel free to speak up.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

what about Nonchalant ?
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

ERB in from David:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Doctor Manhattan

Are you ready for the holidays? Are you comfy? Got your hot cocoa? All snuggly? Good, because here comes a pun:

Spoiler Alert!

I’m fairly confident that you didn’t spit out your hot cocoa.

Reconstitution / Defense 9 / Life 9

Ouch.

I trust playtesting, but I’m extremely concerned about this combo. Normally I avoid mentioning unreleased figures, but I feel ok in this instance due to knowing he’ll be released before the Blue Doc.

I recall C3G’s [redacted] was originally designed with an auto-resurrection. He went through a lot of testing before he was dialed back to only being able to do it once per game.

Then you have 9 Defense. In my experience, I’ve had problems whacking at 9 Defense figure. When you add this to a Life 9, you have a figure that’s simply going to be beyond the reach of low-attack figures. Perhaps even more troublesome from a costing perspective is that abilities that can bypass the defense roll to inflict wounds will be highly powered in this instance. So his power level is going to be highly contingent on whether or not he faces a counter-draft army.

Infinite Being

Due to the numerous commas separating all the sizes, I’m thinking semi-colons would be needed. I’ll defer to the wording experts on that. I’m wondering if there’s a better way to separate these:

Quote:
Infinite Being
After revealing an Order Marker on a figure you control, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may do any or all of the following: choose if Doctor Manhattan is considered tiny, small, medium, large, or huge; view any Order Markers on your opponents’ cards; rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control.
How long does the chosen size last?

Apathetic
This is a very curious ability in combination with his nasty stats; because I’m debating whether this will prevent me from simply piling all my Order Markers on him and letting him do all the work, or whether this will make me want to spread my Order Markers due to the risk of having him lose a lot of turns. I’ve played Beyonder twice, and he went down pretty badly both times. This was mainly due to the huge risks I took in trying to use his Mere Pawns.

Molecular Teleportation
“and place place him”

Echo!

Ok, now I’m thinking the following: I place all my OM on the Doc, Teleport him to the opponent’s start zone alone. If the opponent tries to ignore him and march towards the other side to take his team mates down first (which I think is how you’re supposed to deal with these resurrecting designs), you simply teleport back to your friends, then teleport the group to the far side of wherever the opponent happens to be. Return to Step #1. And the Doc will have engagement strikes against those who try to break from him to get to the other side, so they’ll be forced to deal with him.

Naturally, piling all the OMs on Doc will mean he’ll be losing a lot of turns. But his ability to simply warp around indiscriminately means he’ll always catch up.

Final Thoughts
As always, playtesting will reveal whether or not my concerns are valid. The Apathetic ability might actually keep some of my concerns in check.
Definitely some solid concerns there. We'll just have to see how he plays when he's on the table.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library