Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Word to the Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I feel like there is a better way to word the latter half of Overwhelm. As is, I can easily see someone arguing that they get the -2 defense on the first attack. I can't think of a clearer way to word it but that's really about the only thing I have an issue with right now.

~Dysole, informationally
I disagree that that interpretation would be any kind of sensible. I could just as easily try to argue that the wording of Double Attack gives me infinite attacks. Both cases are obviously wrong. I suppose the wording could change but I think it is fine as it is.

I otherwise like the changes to the designs. I have to agree with others that the personalities can all be brought in line. Right now they feel different for the sake of being different and don't add anything new. I'm liking Tormenting for Ragsh as well, Wild or Ferocious for the Warband, and probably Tricky for Gruul (although I honestly do like cunning as a personality type in general).
Old June 10th, 2015, 10:13 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Warchief
Dominating - Both shows Commanding the Warband, and what he does to opponents.

Retchtongue Warband
Relentless shows the nature of them swarming with Pack attack.

Archer - Gonna run with Cunning.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:19 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

What do you guys think of something like this?

I've been working on him for the past couple of days and thought you guys could take a look. Thoughts?
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post

I've been working on him for the past couple of days and thought you guys could take a look. Thoughts?
How do you take a turn with only 3 units in a 4 man squad?
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:34 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post

How do you take a turn with only 3 units in a 4 man squad?
I wanted the power to be limited to only 3 of the 4. Otherwise I thought it might be too powerful, but I'm not sure if I worded it correctly.
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So with Grim's Reward he can attack a squad figure, destroy it, attack another squad-ie, destroy it, then another and another, after taking a turn with 3 Knights via his Command power?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 13th, 2015, 02:52 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

What is the miniature ? Link to a place you can buy it please?

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 13th, 2015, 03:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Just to try for a little closure here ... I realized today that Omegacron is already doing something that's thematically very close to what I was trying to do, and mechanically similar as well. (Sorry if anyone else already mentioned this and I missed it.)
That was an old C3V design, before my time. I would not allow a similar power to come through again, not in SoV or C3V.
Yes you would, Scy. You may not like it but you would.
It wouldn't be that hard to change Omegacron's Directed Fire power to work in a way that fits within the norms C3V has established since Omegacron's release. It would change his gameplay a bit, but not cripple him.
Old June 13th, 2015, 03:59 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sir Grimsbane
4 Move is a little odd for a hero, especially when his associated squad has 5 move in the first place. Command the Blackgaard can work rules-wise but I would model it after the Marro Hive. You take a turn with a card but can only activate the ones that were adjacent to him. Is the intention of Grim's Reward that, if he inflicts 1 wound on his first attack, he'll only attack 1 additional time regardless of how many wounds that attack inflicts? That's how I'm interpreting it.

Overall the reverse bonding feels a little forced (especially on such a recently released squad). Grim's Reward could be powerful but it seems like he'll be pretty swingy with it. I'm not sure if I'd go out of my way to draft him with the Knights of Blackgaard since I may just want to spend the points and order markers on them in the first place without worrying about difficult hoops to jump through to get turns out of them as well. I could more see using him as a bonding option for Death Knights as a cheaper Sir Hawthorne who doesn't run the risk of stabbing you in the back. I'm all for more knights in Heroscape and think he looks cool but I have a few reservations.
Old June 13th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Command the Blackgaard should be reworded to "You may not move and attack with more than 3 Knights of Blackgaard during this turn." I don't like splitting Army Cards; this would at least keep the turn the same but would limit the number of figures that could be activated.

I'm not sure what you intend with Grim's Reward. Does he get extra attacks if he attacks an already-wounded hero? I'm guessing that's not the intent, but rather he gets extra attacks based on the wounds inflicted by the first attack. I don't like the power in general, as it's not completely clear in the rulebook if you can deal more wounds to a figure than it has remaining Life points. At the least, I think some people assume that one can only inflict a single wound on a squad figure.
Old June 13th, 2015, 10:29 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Question Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I don't like the power in general, as it's not completely clear in the rulebook if you can deal more wounds to a figure than it has remaining Life points. At the least, I think some people assume that one can only inflict a single wound on a squad figure.
That's a good question. I always assumed you could inflict more wounds than needed to kill a figure, even a Squaddie (isn't that how Zaeus' Rail Gun works?), but in this case it makes the power even more potent.

I for one find the power interesting, and not too overpowered with only 3 Attack, but you'll definitely fight an uphill battle getting this one accepted as is, IMO.

~TAF, uncertified as always but present nonetheless

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 13th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought post this here and see what people think:

I realize its been done before, but Dro-No-Ka attempts to help out his less loved marro counterparts, Drudge and Groks, while still holding his own as a powerful hero who can dish out some damage. I've done some initial testing with him, and the points seem to line up pretty well. He can go down fast if he gets engaged, but with enough commons backing him up, he can dish out some serious firepower. The third power gave me some trouble, it had originally been a simple triple attack similar to nilfhiem, but that proved way to potent in Legionairre builds, so I modified it to a sort of support fire attack, and couples well with his ability to move Drudge and Groks into position. He felt a hair over priced at 150, but when I bumped him down a bit, I felt like he was too weak. His aura is actually surprisingly difficult to pull off, since your opponent has normally one turn a round where the little guys are unprotected, and if your opponent has high defense or defensive figures, that initial kill can get even more difficult.

The big question I have is whether or not the modded figure would be acceptable for SoV. Obviously, Tyrian has set the precedent that repaints, at least simple ones, are fair game, but DNK is a slightly different beast. First, I want to state that this mod is incredible easy, takes maybe 10 minutes, and no more supplies than most people already have lying around. Second, it involves figures much less valuble than the very expensive protectors of ullar, most people already have a spare squad of marro warriors and ne-gok-sa lying around gathering dust, and Dro-No-Ka is a nice way to get some use out of this lesser appreciated characters. Third, the figure, although easy to make, bears almost no resemblance to the individual parts (my custom thread has some more extensive comparisons between him an other marro) in fact, standing him next to Tul-Bak-Ra, the latter seems less marro-ey than the former. In any case, I believe that the marro faction could use a bit of synergy, while still keeping the flavor of tricky OM management, and Dro-No-Ka gives them that edge

Thanks for giving me the time, any comments are hugely appreciated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards