Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old November 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Shadow Thief

The Book of Shadow Thief

C3G DC PUBLIC EXCLUSIVE COLLECTION 3
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origins set.
Its model number and name are is #025, #027 / Shadow Thief.

Character Bio - Carl Sands was a career criminal who was conducting experiments on shadow projection while in jail, which allows him to make contact with an alien explorer named Thar Dan from the Xarapion dimension. In return for saving the creature's life, Sands was given a device known as a Dimensiometer and a pair of ebony gloves that allows him to hold objects while in shadow form.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: If Shadow Thief is the only figure you control on the battlefield, can he still use Dimensiometer?
  • A: No, if you do, you will have no figures left on the battlefield and will lose.
  • Q: Can I steal an Equipment Glyph without using Dimensiometer first?
  • A: No, the only way you can steal an Equipment Glyph is by placing Shadow Thief adjacent to the figure when he is coming off of his card.
  • Q: Can Shadow Thief use Dimensiometer to place a glyph on his Army Card he could not normally equip?
  • A: No, he is equipping the glyphs when he steals them. - Margloth
  • Q: If Shadow Thief is on his card, are glyphs on his Army Card active?
  • A: Maybe. What is "active"? If "active" to you means that the glyph is still in play and can affect the game, then your answer is: YES, it is still active. However, if there are specific restrictions on the glyph like its holder must have Clear Line of Sight, must be on a water space, etc., then the glyph is still in play but it is not affecting the game. Your question can really only be answered depending on which Equipment Glyph is in question. An example of how an Equipment Glyph can still be "active" or affect the game while Shadow Thief is holding it and on his card (not destroyed) could be a Equipment Glyph of Probability that adds +5 to your initiative roll. - Griffin
  • Q: Can Shadow Thief use Dimensiometer even when he is affected by another special power that prevents him from moving?
  • A: Yes. The Dimensionmeter special power removes Shadow Thief from the battlefield and is NOT considered moving.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • As a figure with the Tricky personality, Trapster subtracts 1 from his roll for Paste Pot special power against Shadow Thief.
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
    You could drop him adjacent to your opponent's Wonder Woman to free up one of your lassoed figures.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You could drop him in your opponent's start zone on their turn, then on your next turn, hope to bring back Grundy in their start zone.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:27 PM. Reason: png
Old November 10th, 2010, 05:57 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Sidekick Design: Shadow Thief - Design Phase

NAME = SHADOW THIEF
SECRET IDENTITY = CARL SANDS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS =- UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = THIEF
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 70

DIMENSIOMETER
After taking a turn with Shadow Thief, if no opponent’s figures were destroyed or received any wounds this turn, you may immediately place Shadow Thief on this card. Order Markers may still be placed and revealed on this card normally. When Shadow Thief uses Dimensiometer, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SHADOW THEFT
Whenever you or an opponent reveals an Order Marker, if Shadow Thief is on this card and not destroyed, you may immediately place Shadow Thief on any empty space on the battlefield. After placing Shadow Thief on the battlefield, if Shadow Thief does not have an equipment glyph on this card, you may choose any adjacent Unique Hero that has an equipment glyph on its card and place that equipment glyph on this card.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 6th, 2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:01 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I'm excited for this guy!

Few things though, does he really need 5 attack? I don't know the character much, but he doesn't seem that beefy to me.
Also, for Demensiometer, can he be place on glyphs and such? I know he's meant to be a glpyh grabber guy, but that'd make him the ultimate glyph grabber guy! And also, if he's on his card, do you automatically lose if he's the last figure in your army? I assume yes, but I don't know the official ruling on stuff like that.
I don't think you'd need to make so that if he's the last figure in your army you automatically lose. He can still be destroyed, it's just much harder. Technically you could stall the game indefinitely by not attacking, but you'd never win either, so there would be no point. He still wants to attack, even if he is the last figure in your army.

Old November 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Well the 5 attack was to represent his martial arts training.

He can only be placed on Empty Spaces, as far as I know a space with a glyph is not considered empty.

And if he is on his card, and is the last person, I assume he is dead. Kinda like the AE.
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:10 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Ugh, database error killed my entire post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Well the 5 attack was to represent his martial arts training.
I think it was brought up in Cyclops' thread that everyone has martial arts training, so I don't think it'd be necessary. He'd be more of an assassin that way, then just a thief.

And from the looks of him, I'd totally be able to take him, and I doubt *I* have 5 attack.

Quote:
He can only be placed on Empty Spaces, as far as I know a space with a glyph is not considered empty.
Whoops, yeah, that's true!

Quote:
And if he is on his card, and is the last person, I assume he is dead. Kinda like the AE.
That's what I assumed, but I don't know if it'd have to be clarified, considering he's the only figure in the game that goes back and forth between the board and his card without being destroyed.
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
That's what I assumed, but I don't know if it'd have to be clarified, considering he's the only figure in the game that goes back and forth between the board and his card without being destroyed.
Not the only one. The only released one. There was a very fun unit that I playtested with a similar mechanic.

I will drop his attack to 4.
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I'm excited for this guy!

Few things though, does he really need 5 attack? I don't know the character much, but he doesn't seem that beefy to me.
Also, for Demensiometer, can he be place on glyphs and such? I know he's meant to be a glpyh grabber guy, but that'd make him the ultimate glyph grabber guy! And also, if he's on his card, do you automatically lose if he's the last figure in your army? I assume yes, but I don't know the official ruling on stuff like that.
I agree that attack of 5 is too high. I'd prefer an attack of 4 here.
With Dimensiometer, he has to be placed on an empty space, Lord Pyre.
If you're playing a typical battle scenario for Heroscape, you lose when you no longer have any figures you control on the battlefield. These are the rules of the game.
Some notes below in red:

SHADOW THEFT
After placing Shadow Thief back on the battlefield with Dimensiometer, you may choose any equipment glyph on any card whose figure is within 3 spaces of Shadow Thief. Place the chosen equipment glyph on this card.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
He actually isn't the only figure to do this. Chronos also does the same thiong and when Karat was playtesting him it was decided that if he is the only figure left and he goes to his card the game is over and he loses. I think the same thing would apply here.
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:19 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

i also think 5 might be too high for this guy, the samurai have martial arts training also.

I think the reveal wording in densiometer should be with the Shadow Theif power as it's all part of the same turn.

& for the start of Densiometer I think this would suffice:
Quote:
After taking a turn with Shadow Thief, if he did not inflict any wounds, ...
Everything else looks good, although I am a little concerned that he doesn't have much in the way of defensive power. In the comics he is damn hard to hit. He is usually only dispersed by some bright light source & rarely is he actually hit.

Oh yeah, the official rules are that if you don't have any controlled players on the battlefield you loose. But we decided to include that in the Rulings and Clarification section for Chronos, so you might want to do the same.

Cheers
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Man, I got hardcore ninja'd here! Looks like we're all on the same page here.
And, yeah, like Lord Pyre says, frickin everyone has martial arts training these days. With someone like Elektra or Connor Hawke, they're established bad arses due to this, so I'm OK with it being reflected on their cards, but we don't need it everywhere.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 10th, 2010, 06:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

How about adding Stealth Dodge? A nice simple defensive power.

And how does everyone feel about what A3n has for Dimensiometer?
Old November 10th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Everything else looks good, although I am a little concerned that he doesn't have much in the way of defensive power. In the comics he is damn hard to hit. He is usually only dispersed by some bright light source & rarely is he actually hit.

Cheers
It's pretty hard to hit a guy when he's not on the battlefield ... that's what we were going for there ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library