Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 16th, 2015, 04:14 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Pittsburgh Heroscape Tournament 3/14/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy412 View Post
Should we include a map with the Marro Hive just in case?
Do you mean just in case someone wants to play the Hive? Because if they do it's usually their responsibility to bring one (a Hive, not a map) and to fit it into their army's size and cost. Maps here that include a Hive already usually just have them as terrain features.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 16th, 2015, 09:12 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I'm down with rotating formats every other tournament. Provided that this first one goes well. I like the effect that C3V/SoV has on the meta game. Otherwise everyone would be playing deathreaver/Q9 pods with Raelin. I feel that adequately playtested customs have kept the game alive.
There are other ways you can affect the meta, from flat out banning some of the top units like raelin and q9, to specializing the armies to melee only or do a general wars thing.
Old February 16th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We've been using SoV/C3V for a long time at my events, and they haven't been a problem. But we have *never* had dominant units, either. Not Q9, not Raelin, none of 'em. Don't work too hard to come up with a cure for a non-existent disease.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 17th, 2015, 04:27 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I certainly hope you guys continue to do these. I keep telling myself I want to try to get to some Heroscape events, and haven't been able to in a while (not even NHSD this year - first time since 2006 that I haven't played Heroscape on NHSD :/ ).

I can't do a Saturday during tax season though, no matter what. After April though, I'd love to get to one of these.

I don't care if there's C3V or not - I made a career out of beating down Q9 and Reavers with random stuff, so that doesn't scare me in the slightest.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old February 19th, 2015, 03:04 AM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

If this goes well I'll try and run tournaments quarterly.

As for using C3V/SoV, that's the whole reason that I have been lurking on this site for the past five years so I'm gonna allow them.

Should be fun, almost a month away and I'm already stressed.
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:17 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Hosey and I are probable for this. I won't know my work schedule for sure until the day before, but I can usually make it work. Hope to see you then.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 06:42 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Nick, Laurie, and I are all in for sure now

~weather permitting

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 11:58 AM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post

~weather permitting
That's exciting. I was initially hoping for 8 participants, but it's now threatening 16. Point being, I'm gonna need help with maps. Even if you can only bring one that means that two extra people can play. Still feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this lol.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Great news on the participants (and thanks for running this!)

If I were you, I'd make a list in the OP with everybody who's planning to come, and then make a list of who's bringing what maps. As long as everybody brings a map for every two people they have, it'll all work out.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 12:27 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

~weather permitting
That's exciting. I was initially hoping for 8 participants, but it's now threatening 16. Point being, I'm gonna need help with maps. Even if you can only bring one that means that two extra people can play. Still feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this lol.
Glad the number are rising! And don't worry about that seat-of-pants feeling. I think it's normal for first-time TDs (tournament directors) to feel a bit anxious -- heck, I sure did -- but it always works out. People are just glad to have a chance to play together! It'll be a blast.

Quote:
I was planning on building a few BoV maps:

Mole Hills
Embattled Fen
Turret Rocks
Hope I'm not butting in, but just thought I'd mention that a few of the early BoV maps weren't always as balanced as later ones.Embattled Fen is a timeless classic, still great -- but Mole Hills and Turret Rocks are generally considered rather iffy by modern standards.

If you're working with a single RotV, @Killometer 's single-RotV map Dry Season (or his new one, Vallum) are definitely more balanced choices. I'd probably swap either/both of those in for Mole Hills and Turret Rocks.

Just my two cents. No stress though. It's going to be a success, and a blast, either way.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 12:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

~weather permitting
Eh. That feeling doesn't go away. All it really takes is that first step, which you took, and now the plans are coming together.

Bravo!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 23rd, 2015, 12:54 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I still intend to bring a board. We may be able to J-rig another board in the van, but its mostly about stability for a 3 hour trip. Nobody wants to quick-assemble squat after sitting around that long. :P

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events