Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jade - Design

Pre-Yea for 250.

Depending on public tests, I could see her up to 260 as well. I couldn't see her lower than 250 considering the initial and the stats/power set are just so good.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For sure. 250 is minimum.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

pre-yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Pre-Yea
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:34 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Pre-down to pre-Johnny and pre-LP.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 3rd, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Pre-Yea, 250 seems like a good place for her thematically.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM

I propose we move Jade to playtesting at 250 points. (Down to LP).

Old August 4th, 2012, 03:38 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jade - VOTE for Playtesting

Yea!
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Re: The Book of Jade - VOTE for Playtesting

Sweet. This passes to playtesting.

Old August 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Re: The Book of Jade - Playtesting

Yeah, I'm pretty split between 250 and 260 right now and your results seem to be right there as well. I might end up 260 just for the sake of the faction she's in, but it depends on what the third tests say.

Thanks!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute
Here you go. I didn't list them, but also I ran a couple quick games with her Game 2 Army against Venom, Green Goblin and Scorpion. Kyle and the Mech -with a lot of bad rolls from Gobby and Venom- dominated those and Jade never really had an effect. Hope these help!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (Jade)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass

Army Test 1
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 250+
- Give a brief overview. John Stewart's pod crushed here. Jade was able to Recharge 2 of his markers, which was a huge help, but the Criminals just struggled to do much. The results are skewed slightly, as I forgot about Obsessive Vendetta for most of the game, but John only faced 3-4 normal attacks, so it wouldn't likely have been a huge game changer. Jade got a couple lucky rolls and dealt out a lot of damage while sitting behind the rest of her team.

Map: Icy Road Map
Armies: Army 1: Jade, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Green Arrow (Oliver Queen), Black Canary, Robin (1050) VS Army 2: Hush, Parasite, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Clayface (1050)
Damage: 5 wounds each to Parasite and Clayface
Starheart Recharge: 2 Markers Charged, 0 wounds healed.

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 250
- Give a brief overview. A tougher match-up for the Lanterns here, but they made it fairly close. Some better rolls and they might have had this one. Jade once again used her markers to Recharge a Lantern, giving Kyle some extra usefulness.

Map: Icy Road Map
Armies: Army 1: Jade, Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Green Construct Mech (670) VS Army 2: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Jubilee, Iceman (670)
Damage: 2 wounds each to Cyclops and Jean.
Starheart Recharge: 2 Markers Charged, 0 wounds healed.

Spoiler Alert!

Jade is a simple one, but she's fun to play. I like how she makes a nice boost for the Green Lanterns, but should also play well on her own. Adding 2 Markers to a Lantern is strong, but will also take some finesse to play just right. It helps Jade that her 7 defense should keep opponents from taking a couple shots here and there instead of focusing on the Lanterns. I could see her cost coming up slightly, but I think she's pretty well balanced.

Old August 7th, 2012, 01:17 PM

OK, thanks for clearing that up! I think she might be worth more like 240 without the GL synergies, but I do think she's decent on her own (she beat Venom once, Parasite once, and Flash twice in my heavy hitters, as well as two squads of Gorilla City Warriors).

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverie
I had him in my head as 220, but played him at 260 (you'll see the points work out). She still seems over-priced to me, though. I'm surprised she did well enough in 1vs1 tests to make 250.

The caveat here is that I don't have much experience with GLs (or Superscape in general). But again, she's a defensive figure with a nice but very limited ability, and with a range of 4 she needs that defense anyways. Just seems to lack punch for 250.

Enjoyable and thematic, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
You know Iron Fist is 260, right, not 220? Did you play him at 220?

Let me know!
Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Jade

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS (but probably only in a GL force)

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS (again, pretty much just for GLs)

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? .
- What should be the unit's point value? 220
- Give a brief overview. This was a tough matchup for the Green Lanterns. I positioned Hal poorly and this was a factor, but a GL force seems to be the only great use for Jade and she doesn't help them as much as Manhunters help the Yellows. At 220 points Jade would equal two Sinestro Corps Soldiers, which I still think would be more powerful. Jade has good defense but a mediocre attack and range, which makes her Starcharge her the prime attraction, but I'm not sure its worth the points (though I do understand GLs are tough already).
Map: Grundy's Grave
Units: GL (Hal Jordan) and Jade vs YL (Sinestro) and Manhunter x 2
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass
, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 210
- Give a brief overview. I kind of wish I had kept Jade back here. It feels like a shame to use one of her markers to heal her. Again, I'm not sure she's pulling her weight. Iron Fist has it all for 220 points. For the most part it didn't feel like it was worth putting an order marker on Jade. Because of her role she's going to find herself tangling with tougher opponents, but she isn't really cut out to be useful for that. Her two most useful order markers in any game will be to restore a GL. Other than that I think she needs to be saved for cleaning up wounded and weaker enemies towards the ends of the game. Is this worth 250 points? I don't think so, especially in a mishmash where there are lots more attractive options. I think I'd like to see her go down in points or have another niche use - some kind of special attack or maybe something to boost Outsiders somehow? Is she priced here simply because GL are powerful? Future synergy? Interloper is a cool class.
Map: HYDRA Base Gehenna
Units: GL (John Stewart), Jade, Iron Fist, Green Arrow (Oliver) vs Supergirl, Dr Strange, Nick Fury and Hawkeye
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
I'd love to see her in a 1,000 point mishmash as well, maybe with one GL sprinkled in there, but against more generic enemies, not necessarily those specifically designed to take on GLs like Manhunters. I'm loving the looks of that first test, btw!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Looks great! A nice addition to the Lanterns and thematic from what I've read of her. Now we need Alan and Obsidian!

I'm thinking
Hal Jordan + Jade (600 pts)
vs
Sinestro + Manhunter x 2 (610 pts)

I don't see any other synergies jumping out at me. Would you like to have another Lantern battle at a different point value or something different for the second battle?

Cheers,
reverie

Quote:
Thanks reverie!

Keep it up and there's probably an Ally invite in your future.

Let me know if you have any questions, but she's hopefully pretty straight forward:

NAME = JADE
SECRET IDENTITY = JENNIFER-LYNN HADEN

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INTERLOPER
PERSONALITY = MERCIFUL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = 250

STARHEART RECHARGE
Start the game with two green Battery Markers on this Army Card. Before taking a turn with Jade, you may remove one Battery Marker from this card and either remove one wound marker from this card or place the removed Battery Marker from this card on the Army Card of one adjacent, friendly figure with the Green Power Battery special power. You may never place more green Battery Markers on an Army Card than were on that card at the start of the game.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Cheers,
Bats
Quote:
Hey,

I'll give Jade a spin. I've got that figure and I just set up Grundy's Grave and HYDRA Base last night.

I've only tested once before - a Superboy test that was ultimately unneeded.

Cheers,
reverie

Old August 7th, 2012, 01:18 PM

Hmm, definitely different than what she felt like for TB and I, so I think I'll wait for Clembo on this one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library