Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Beast Boy - Design

I'm assuming the wounds would simply be ignored. For example, Invulnerable: Whenever Molly Hayes would be destroyed, she instead receives one wound.

So, she has 2 Life left and takes 5 Wounds. Instead of taking those wounds, she receives a single Wound Marker. That's how I've always played it at least.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If we're all comfortable with that ruling, I'm happy to make that change post breathing period. Thanks for the suggestion - I agree it's not as slim as I'd like it currently!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I'd be happy with that, but I'd be happy if he only took 1 wound.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I'd be happy with that, but I'd be happy if he only took 1 wound.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:58 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That would make the T-Rex (2 lives) form much more of a steal and might make him too powerful at times with his Healing Factor, but I'm willing to test it that way if that's what you guys prefer.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 4th, 2012, 10:23 PM

SP updated with Johnny's text suggestion. I also dropped his life to 5 in hopes of keeping his cost down to 60. We'll see how it goes in playtesting!

Sending out to ERB now!

Old July 4th, 2012, 10:27 PM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (BEAST BOY)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 60
- Give a brief overview. 60 held up in a variety of situations and match ups.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- Give a brief overview. The Hawkmen had a shot here, but it’s tough when you only have 1 of a common squad and that common squad only has 2 figures.
Map: Custom
Units: Beast Boy (60), Pteradactyl (40) (100) vs. Hawkmen of Thanagar x1 (100)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- Give a brief overview. Really close one! The Amazons were able to win with superior numbers.
Units: Beast Boy (60), T-Rex (60), Pteradactyl (40), Cheetah (20), Grizzly Bear (20) (200) vs. Amazon Warriors x2 (200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- Give a brief overview. A close, fun match! Beast Boy didn’t make too much of an impact early on, but he proved to be a fun closer.
Units: Beast Boy (60), Pteradactyl (40), Cyborg (200), Robin (100), Wonder Girl (140), Aqualad (60) (600) vs. Superman (400), Batman (200) (600)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 50?
- Give a brief overview. Just a bad time for Beast Boy. He really didn’t need to bring this many beast forms with him, and he probably needed to be more careful about advancing without Order Markers on him to heal.
Units: Beast Boy (60), T-Rex (60), Pteradactyl (40), Cheetah (20), Grizzly Bear (20), Superboy (240), Robin (Tim) (120), Wonder Girl (140), Kid Flash (110), Black Canary (190) (1,000) vs. Deathstroke (280), Firefly (120), Gorilla Grodd (225), Gorilla City Warriors x3 (375) (1,000)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; July 5th, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:19 PM

Mini pics linked in the OP. Let me know if I should be asking for others!

Old July 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Thanks!

1. I'll fix the spelling on Mischievous. Not sure how I missed that!

2. You could draft multiple versions of the same beast form, I suppose, but there's no tangible gameplay benefit of doing so, since none of them are destroyed until this Beast Boy is destroyed, and having a new form does nothing but give you different powers and stats you can use (it doesn't add life or anything). So you'd just be paying extra for unusable redundancy.

3. Yup, you answered this one yourself. The only way to destroy any Beast Boy is by destroying this one (then the rest are auto destroyed) in order to show they're all the same guy (and that he's constantly healing). So anything that triggers on being destroyed wouldn't be triggered until this Beast Boy is destroyed.

4. Good point! I'll update with "in your army."

5. Hmm. I'm not sure on this one. Hopefully the guys can give some feedback! Does sound like an annoying situation, though. Maybe we can FAQ it that you only roll during the initial placement ....

6. Ditto to #4.

7. That's the hope!

Thanks as always for your insights!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Beast Boy

Awwww, I was hoping you were going to add this Beast Form.

1. Spelling is Mischievous instead of Mischevious.

Beast Forms

2. The first part is based off the wording of Iron Man Mk V. I just realize that without the word different, I wonder if it would permit drafting multiple copies of the same form. I guess I should've asked that when I did the EPB on Iron Man Mk V. Then again, there may be a technical item that would prevent that.

3. If a Beast Form is destroyed by taking a wound and you swap it with another, could the original Form return? Example: Destroy Cheetah with 1 wound and replace with Bear. Bear is destroyed. Could Cheetah return? What about a destroyed figure placed on another figure's Army Card as with Ghost Rider?

I'm thinking you may actually have that covered in your wording: "would be destroyed, instead". So if Beast Boy Cheetah would receive a wound, it actually doesn't, because you're replacing that action with placing two wounds on this design's card. That means the other Beast Forms don't get destroyed until this one does. If this issue creates confusion and I my interpretation is correct, then you could simply FAQ it. Oh, and his form would likely escape Brainiac's collection.

4. Since you control refers to figures on the battlefield, the second instance might need to be replaced with "in your Army." Although I solved one issue when it pertained to Brainiac, I think my notice of this term may have created others. Lesson: I should keep my mouth shut.

5. One possible bizarre loop can take place: Beast Boy Cheetah is knocked into molten lava and fails the roll, destroying him. You'd keep replacing forms until you could get a safe roll of 20. Or would you have to roll for molten lava when this occurs?

Beast Transformation

6. Same issue with second instance of you control.

Since Order Markers don't transfer, you'd have to plan your marker placement carefully.

Healing Factor

7. Nice, though his low defense puts him at risk of getting taken down before fully healing, which balances things nicely.

Final Thoughts

Love the concept, but these transformations can be tricky to analyze.

8. And I can't get that stupid song out of my head. Arrrrgh!

Batman, Batman,
Working in the Bat Cave,
Tweaking his new design,
To send ERB to Dave.

Old July 5th, 2012, 11:27 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Man it doesn't even rhyme
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I believe that interpretation of the lava situation is correct - but since each time he'd take a wound, it's tricky, but it really just gives him a bunch of chances to survive.
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM

Hmm, true. Actually, come to think of it, it wouldn't be that awful. Beast Boy's only got 5 lives. If he failed to hit survival rolls 3 times in a row, he'd be gone.

Heavy hitters are updated. I like 60 so far!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library