Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old June 16th, 2023, 12:33 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
ScapeCon East: November 10-13, 2023

ScapeCon East: November 10-13, 2023
Holiday Inn Express Burlington/Mount Holly
18 Western Drive, Westampton, NJ 08060 United States

ScapeCon East is a 4-day HeroScape convention brought to you by the organizers of ScapeCon. It is a smaller, cheaper convention in New Jersey, with a focus on approachability.

Unlike ScapeCon, meals are not provided (although the hotel provides free breakfast and free water and coffee all day). Your badge covers all your gaming (and the cost of the prizes). The prizes will be ScapeCon 2023 dice and order markers.

Rough Driving Distances:
Boston: 5 hours 15 mins
Philly: 45 minutes
DC: 3 hours

Player Cap: 30 players (we are getting the specifics of the room in the next week or so, but 30 players seems possible)

Rooms: $102 a night with free breakfast (comes to $116 with tax all-in)

You must book your room by 10/10/23 to get the group rate. I will post again when I have the group rate code.

Hotel Cost for the Ballroom: None as long as our group books 10 hotel rooms a night. We need 10 booked each night (30 rooms total)! I think we should make this- we're at 9 already.

For now, it should be fine for people to have more than 2 per room. However, if we can’t get 10 rooms booked, we will need to charge more to cover the cost of the room.

Those who are not staying in the hotel, or who are staying in the hotel with more than 2 people per hotel room, will be charged a surcharge to cover the cost of the ballroom. At a maximum, this would be the cost of the additional hotel rooms we would need to rent (and this extra charge would still be less for each individual charged than if they had to get their own room). If necessary, we will try to negotiate down the price with the hotel.

I hate having to police this, but this is the only fair way to do it.

Badge cost:
Full Badge: $40
1-Day Badge: $20

I'll post again when we are accepting payments (we'll accept payments once we have the hotel room group code).

Refunds:
I'd ask that you let us know as soon as you know you can no longer make it. We can issue refunds for your badge.

EVENTS
MAPS

In The Area (maximum 7 minute drive from the hotel):

Restaurants:
Applebee’s
Boston Market
Burger King
Calcarb
Chick-Fil-A
Christopher’s Deli and Caterers
Cool Breeze Frozen Treats and Eats
Cracker Barrel
Dickey’s Barbeque Pit
Dunkin’
IHop
Jing’s Sushi House
Marblehead Chowder House
McDonald’s
Papa Johns Pizza
Pizza 541
Pizza Hut
Pizza Village
Recovery Sports Grill
Sals Pizzeria
Starbucks
Subway
Taco Bell
TGI Fridays
The Bagel Zone
Villa Pizza
Wendy’s
Westampton Family Diner
Wingstop

Groceries/Essentials:
Acme Markets
CVS
Lidl
ShopRite
Target
Walmart
Westampton Liquors

Going:
1. OEAO
2. Dragon Ruler
3. HoundsRule
4. Chris Perkins
5. GucciiBoost
6. JohnnyFrisbee
7. Earl of Sandwich
8. Joecrazy
9. Ginglebong
10. Gbizzy
11. Scared Cultist
12. SimpleSamaritan
13. xiegfried
14. Vydar XLIII
15. Brean of Philly
16. Loki619
17. Earthling
18. Shurrig
19. Major Q23
20. Trivia Knight
21. Foudzing
22. ItsJonathan
23. Cleon
24. Bob

Saturday:
1. bishop2003
2. PandaQueen22

Sunday:
1. Shurrig +1

Wait List:

Rooms:
1. Dragon Ruler
2. OEAO and HoundsRule
3. Chris Perkins
4. GucciiBoost and Johnny Frisbee
5. Ginglebong
6. Gbizzy and Scared Cultist
7. Vydar and Brean
8. Loki619
9. Major Q23 and Trivia Knight
10. ItsJonathan and SimpleSamaritan

Last edited by OEAO; January 14th, 2024 at 11:30 PM.
Old June 19th, 2023, 01:13 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon East: November 10-13, 2023

Not likely that I'd be able to make this...but I'll keep it in the back of my mind if I have another $1,000 randomly show up for travel haha

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 20th, 2023, 08:50 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I am interested in going, however, I am unsure I can stay the entire time. Would that be an issue with badges (I see there is only a Full and 1 Day badge option) or with hotel bookings through your rate?

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old June 20th, 2023, 05:52 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

More details in case we don't hit 30 rooms booked:

Hotel Cost for the Ballroom: None as long as our group books 10 hotel rooms a night. We need 10 booked each night (30 rooms total)! I think we should make this- we're at 9 already.

For now, it should be fine for people to have more than 2 per room. However, if we can’t get 10 rooms booked, we will need to charge more to cover the cost of the room.

Those who are not staying in the hotel, or who are staying in the hotel with more than 2 people per hotel room, will be charged a surcharge to cover the cost of the ballroom. At a maximum, this would be the cost of the additional hotel rooms we would need to rent (and this extra charge would still be less for each individual charged than if they had to get their own room). If necessary, we will try to negotiate down the price with the hotel.

I hate having to police this, but this is the only fair way to do it.

Edit: Also, we can refund badges- I forgot to put this in the OP.

Last edited by OEAO; June 20th, 2023 at 06:18 PM.
Old June 20th, 2023, 06:15 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

whoa...wait...putting this altogether...so this event would be $40 all-in? i.e. whatever it costs me to travel is obviously my own cost...but other than that, it'd be $40 to play all weekend AND include the Hotel + breakfast? (and obviously my own cost to feed myself for lunch/dinner)

If that's the case...that's awfully tempting. I may have to see if I can swing a small road trip

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 20th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
whoa...wait...putting this altogether...so this event would be $40 all-in? i.e. whatever it costs me to travel is obviously my own cost...but other than that, it'd be $40 to play all weekend AND include the Hotel + breakfast? (and obviously my own cost to feed myself for lunch/dinner)

If that's the case...that's awfully tempting. I may have to see if I can swing a small road trip
Not quite- individuals are still responsible for their own lodging. Our group doesn't have a cost to rent the ballroom so long as we book 30 hotel rooms.

The rate is really reasonable though- $116 a night after tax.

Edit: I've clarified in the posts- sorry for the confusion
Old June 20th, 2023, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post

Not quite- individuals are still responsible for their own lodging. Our group doesn't have a cost to rent the ballroom so long as we book 30 hotel rooms.

The rate is really reasonable though- $116 a night after tax.

Edit: I've clarified in the posts- sorry for the confusion
oooh okay! got it, now I understand. I was gunna say, sounded too good to be true . I was reading into that incorrectly...but yeah it makes sense that as long as enough rooms are booked, they're adding on the ballroom rental for free.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 20th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
I am interested in going, however, I am unsure I can stay the entire time. Would that be an issue with badges (I see there is only a Full and 1 Day badge option) or with hotel bookings through your rate?
Not an issue! The full badge would cover all 2+ days you can attend. Hope you can make it!
Old June 23rd, 2023, 03:26 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
You will be able to book the hotel for any nights you choose using the code (to be supplied) at the group rate and it will go towards the 10 room minimum/night. The general manager has agreed to count excess rooms on Friday and Sat. nights towards the Sunday night minimum as some people may need to leave on Sunday.

If this goes well, and the interest is there to run it again in the future, it will be easier to negotiate once we have established a relationship with the hotel staff. As you might imagine, it is always an interesting conversation when I speak to a sales director or a general manager about a group of people renting meeting space to play a game. Not what the hotel staff is used to, but they look forward to having us in Indy every summer, and hopefully will want us back in Jersey.
Old June 24th, 2023, 10:15 PM

bishop2003 is surprisingly tart

Hey, Would I and Pandaqueen22 be able to sign on for a 1 day badge?
Thanks.
Old June 25th, 2023, 04:44 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop2003 View Post
Hey, Would I and Pandaqueen22 be able to sign on for a 1 day badge?
Thanks.
Absolutely! What day?
Old June 26th, 2023, 02:58 PM

bishop2003 is surprisingly tart

It would be for Saturday. Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon