Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Closed Thread

Old June 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Rules questions to Hasbro

One other point of interest here is that most of the dragons have their target zones done in silhouette, so that it seems they might have a bird-like vision--able to see literally out of each eye in a more panoramic vision.

I know this is all a bit ticky and I don't want to imply the wrong things here, I am just honestly curious with these double hex units, how to determine their sighting given their wings, shoulder pads, unusual green dot locations (Q9 clearly in the front and middle vs. Braxas on the side of her head), lack of rotation after movement phase is over, etc.

I think we've always played that Q10 can block himself from some targets b/c of his odd stance/posture (limiting his 4 shots at 2 a bit), and that dragons can't see directly behind themselves, but have a pretty full vision on the sides and front (most of a panoramic arc). I haven't found anything more specific or detailed on this site or a clear ruling. Any more info or useful comments are welcome.
Old January 7th, 2009, 04:55 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

I'm not sure if this is where this question goes, but I need an answer. I searched for it, and I searched through about 3 pages before I realized that going through 1000+ results was going to take awhile. I didn't want to make a thread about it as to not make myself out to look like a dummy. I also checked this thread.

So...

Without further ado...the question...

Can you position your figures at the edge of the start zone, or do they have to be at the back of the start zone? As in, if you had a 24 hex starting zone like this:

zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

X = Start zone
z = map

Could you position your army like this?

zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
FFFFFF F F
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

z = Map
F = Figure on start Zone
X = Start Zone

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.
Old January 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4c View Post
I'm not sure if this is where this question goes, but I need an answer. I searched for it, and I searched through about 3 pages before I realized that going through 1000+ results was going to take awhile. I didn't want to make a thread about it as to not make myself out to look like a dummy. I also checked this thread.

So...

Without further ado...the question...

Can you position your figures at the edge of the start zone, or do they have to be at the back of the start zone? As in, if you had a 24 hex starting zone like this:

zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

X = Start zone
z = map

Could you position your army like this?

zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzz
FFFFFF F F
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXX

z = Map
F = Figure on start Zone
X = Start Zone
Old January 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I think the point of the start zone was to restrict where you could place your figures at the start of the game. Further restricting this to "the back of the start zone" would introduce a new problem with drafting games; now you would have to draft an army starting with the back ranks and draft your army forward to fill your zone.

In short: You can place figures anywhere in your start zone.

EDIT: Boo! I get ninjaed all day!

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old January 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Cav and GreenLanturn have it right.

(For what it is worth: I have seen--and played in--some games where a further restriction of beginning along the back edge (or corner) has been used, but this is to my knowledge a house rule. If something about your tourney's description led you to ask the question, however, I'd ask the tournament director about it.)
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM

Lisa77 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile Re: Rules questions to Hasbro

I have a question. Even though I am new to the game, it has already come up that the Airborne Elite cannot come in next to glyphs or other characters. What about trees and other shrubbery? If the purpose of them not being able to land next to anything because or their parachutes (which was the explination given to me by the people I play with, so if it is the wrong reasoning I do not sound completely silly), would the shrubbery stop them from landing alos? Realistically, if that is the true reasoning for where they are allowed to land, the parachutes would get caught on taller trees and they couldn't land. Can someone please clarify the shrubbery rules with the Airborne Elite? Thank you.
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Adrian Monk

There is no ruling related to trees and parachutes--though I give your friends a nod for creativity .

Just follow what the card says: not "adjacent to each other or other figures, and not on glyphs." (Note: That says not ON glyphs, no mention of adjacency to glyphs.)

Basically the space has to be open (a glyph space, is not really, so that rule makes sense) and they can't land directly next to another figures.

Hope that helps!
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Lisa77, welcome to the game the and the site. The rules about the Airborne Elite not being able to land next to other figures or on glyphs is just for the purpose of game play. There is no real world rationale, such as parachutes and such, so you don't have to worry about such things.
Old February 15th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Welcome Lisa77,

Twixt 1Mmirg and the good Revdyer you have the answer to both halves of the question. Not adjacent to figures (including other dropping AE), not ON glyphs. There is no real world rationale, only game mechanics. Have a great time on the site!

~Aldin, backing up the first responders

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I think that they should add that rule - no AE can land adjacent to trees. That's great!!!

That is a new house rule - so shall it be written!!!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:48 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

If the AE can land anywhere including next to someone or on glyphs, their point cost must be higher. Remember that even if they can drop, they still have to roll for initiative, so that gives the other team a chance to grab glyph or to attack them when they are not adjacent to Nakita yet .
Besides, if they can land on glyph, what will happen if the glyph is Summon or Intercept? Summon, I can see you just summon the figure, but Intercept would be very tricky . Come think about it, I will have to give my compliment again to the creating team of Heroscape: such a simple rule can avoid many awkward situations.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old February 15th, 2009, 01:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site, Lisa77!

Just remember one of the fundamental rules of Heroscape around here: Do what the card says, not what it doesn't.

The Airborne Elite (AE) card doesn't say anything about not landing next to trees and shrubbery, so they can do it. Simple as that.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's