Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old March 9th, 2024, 04:02 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Post if you bought Pre-Order (also code for 10% off)

Decided on the painted versions and got one of each. Thanks for the discount code - at least saved the 10%.
Old March 9th, 2024, 06:05 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I decided to go with unpainted, and am skipping the jungle set as I have 2x Ticalla Jungle (plus, the 'Battle Box' includes two more trees.
I called up my FLGS, and was able to get the master set preordered for $115 plus tax.
This ends up being slightly less than the Renegade site with 10% off (but charging for shipping and tax after).
I encourage others to ask your local game store proprietors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 12th, 2024, 07:42 PM

earendil504 knows what's in an order marker earendil504 knows what's in an order marker

I ordered one of each. I got the painted versions of the Battle Box and Master Set. I also got the trees mainly for the bushes. I considered doing separate orders to get an extra Drake, but the extra shipping cost meant that he wasn't really free.

Killing is my business, and business is good.
Old March 13th, 2024, 06:23 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earendil504 View Post
I considered doing separate orders to get an extra Drake, but the extra shipping cost meant that he wasn't really free.
For whatever it's worth -- probably very little -- I ran the numbers. (It's kind of a compulsion.) The scenarios considered were 1 master set (MS) plus 1 battle box (BB), optionally with or without 1 terrain pack (TP), each configured first as two separate orders and then second as a single combined order. I calculated the cost of the second Drake as the sum of the shipping costs for the two separate orders, minus the shipping cost for the single combined order for the same group of products.

Since the TP could be combined with either the MS or BB when splitting the orders, this resulted in three scenarios to consider. Here they are expressed in kind of a lazy programming pseudocode:
diff1 = shipping(MS) + shipping(BB) - shipping(MS,BB)
diff2 = shipping(MS) + shipping(BB,TP) - shipping(MS,BB,TP)
diff3 = shipping(MS,TP) + shipping(BB) - shipping(MS,BB,TP)
I didn't bother to save the exact outcomes, because all three results were pretty close to each other: in the ballpark of $12.50, give or take a few dimes, to split the order into two orders to get the second Drake. While the second Drake is clearly not "free," it does seem to be more economical than coming back at a later time to buy a second Drake at $15 MSRP plus whatever the shipping would be.

Of course most of us wouldn't ever need two Drakes, and shipping charges to places other than my state (Oregon) could be very different. And a person may want more than one copy of some of these products. And it's weird that I'm the one doing this since I don't plan to place an order. But there was math to be mathed, so I did some mathing.

Update to add...

So I found out it will probably be more cost-effective to buy Drake individually after all, given the significant price differences between Renegade and the online retailers. Miniature Market and Game Nerdz are both offering preorders at about a 30% discount from MSRP, and they offer free shipping on orders of $100+ and $75+, respectively. This makes a big difference.

Compare buying 1 MS, 1 BB, & 1 TP in a single order:
  • Renegade w/coupon code + shipping (Oregon): $222.95
  • Miniature Market w/free shipping but no Drake: $154.98
In this example, that Drake will cost me $67.97. The comparison is very similar for Game Nerdz, which is about 50 cents cheaper per item than MM.

In another thread, this was suggested:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
there's a reasonable argument in favor of buying the Battle for the Wellspring box from Renegade to get the Drake promo, then buying the master set from somewhere like Game Nerdz
That does seem like a reasonable approach, but it probably doesn't save much compared to just (eventually) ordering Drake from Renegade. Though it would get you Drake at your first opportunity rather than waiting for it to eventually go up as a separate item. Battle Box + Drake (with the 10% off) would cost me $57.08 at Renegade. Spending $122.44 at Game Nerdz for the other two items would make my grand total $179.52. Compared to my total for all three boxes at GN of $153.91, that Drake would cost me $25.61. This might be comparable to what he would eventually cost separately, if we assume the reported MSRP of $15 is correct and Renegade's shipping for that one item might be around 11 bucks.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; March 15th, 2024 at 01:33 PM.
Old March 18th, 2024, 02:37 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Pre-ordered a painted copy of the Master Set and the Battle Box from Renegade, and two copies of the Terrain Pack from MiniatureMarket (the discount is almost enough to buy another Terrain Pack from Miniature Market).

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old April 8th, 2024, 01:59 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I preordered a painted master set, a painted battle box, and a jungle pack from Renegade.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old April 9th, 2024, 10:29 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I preordered one of each (unpainted) from Miniature Market. Plus a friend of mine is giving me an extra copy of the terrain set he won from a tournament.
Old April 10th, 2024, 08:57 AM

Proclaimed is surprisingly tart

After asking my FLGS, they confirmed they could get painted versions so I ordered 2x of both AoA and BftW at their standard 20% discount and no shipping.

Undetermined what I'll do about GaLE, but there's no promo involved, so no need to rush. Still wish there was some common unit included (i.e. spiders equivalent), maybe something small like some jungle cats (deathreaver sized) or flying insects with those clear sticks to float on.
Old April 10th, 2024, 06:19 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I only ordered one of each painted set so far, and two jungle terrain sets.

I will eventually get a second copy of each painted sets since I like to have two of each unique figure available if needed.
I will also eventually get two more jungle terrain sets and 1-2 of the unpainted sets.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old April 10th, 2024, 07:32 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bought one of everything painted on the Renegade website and will probably buy an extra jungle and unpainted expansion once it becomes available at my FLGS!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales