Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:43 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Cwidje's Custom Creations

Even though independent custom development has always been an aspiration of mine, I never possessed the motivation until I decided to enter the Speed Custom Contests recently restarted by Soundwarp SG-1. As is customary for customs, comments & critiques are cherished. Also, I will most certainly not stop any of you from trying out any of these. Now that the traditional introductory banter has been concluded, I shall get to the designs.
*edit* Some of these designs were made for the custom contests run by Orgsbane and Obfiscatedhippo.

General = Aquilla
Name = Bull Teraxxian
Species = Teraxxian
Uniqueness/Type = Uncommon Hero
Class = Beast
Personality = Territorial
Size/Height = Large 8
Life = 3
Move = 5
Range = 1
Attack = 3
Defense = 4
Points = 150

Battle Fury:
If this Bull Teraxxian is engaged, add 1 to his attack dice and 2 to his defense dice.

Tail Whip:
When this Bull Teraxxian attacks with his normal attack, you may choose one figure that is adjacent to both this Bull Teraxxian and the defending figure. If the defending figure receives one or more wounds from this Bull Teraxxian's normal attack, the chosen figure receives a wound.

Territorial Dispute:
If a medium figure moves adjacent to this Bull Teraxxian, roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. If a large or huge figure moves adjacent to this Bull Teraxxian, roll two unblockable attack dice against that figure.

General = Einar
Name = Enraged Spirit
Species = Spirit
Uniqueness/Type = Common Hero
Class = Samurai
Personality = Vengeful
Size/Height = Medium 6
Life = 1
Move = 7
Range = 1
Attack = 4
Defense = 0
Points = 35

Demented Dedication:
After an Enraged Spirit has been placed on the battlefield, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may take an immediate turn with that Enraged Spirit.

Eternal Servitude:
Enraged Spirits do not start the game on the battlefield. Enraged Spirits can only enter the battlefield when a Samurai figure that you control is destroyed by an attack. At the end of the attacking figure's turn, you may replace that figure, if possible, with one of your own Enraged Spirits that has not yet been placed on the battlefield.

Stealth Flying:
When counting spaces for this Enraged Spirit's movement, ignore elevations. Enraged Spirit may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When this Enraged Spirit starts to fly, if it is engaged it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Name = Agent Jenkins
General = Vydar
Uniqueness/Type = Unique Hero
Class = Agent
Personality = Arrogant
Size/Height = Medium 5
Life = 4
Move = 6
Range = 6
Attack = 3
Defense = 4
Points = 155

Diversion:
Agents you control do not take leaving engagement attacks from opponents' figures that are within 5 clear sight spaces of Agent Jenkins.

Overextend Attack:
After taking a turn with Agent Jenkins, you may place a Wound Marker on Agent Jenkins and take another turn with him. You may only use this power once during a round.

Reckless Reconnaissance:
At the start of the round, if no Order Markers are placed on Agent Jenkins, he may move 6 spaces.

General = Utgar
Name = Whitetooth Raiders
Species = Undead
Uniqueness/Type = 2-Man Unique Squad
Class = Devourers
Personality = Merciless
Size/Height = Medium 6
Life = 1
Move = 6
Range = 1
Attack = 3
Defense = 4
Points = 185

Blood Frenzy:
When attacking with a Whitetooth Raider, it receives 1 extra attack die for each Wound Marker on the defending figure’s Army Card, to a maximum of 3 additional attack die for Blood Frenzy.

Cursed Blood-Oath:
Whenever a Whitetooth Raider is destroyed by an adjacent attack by from a Unique figure that is not Soulborg or Undead, place that Whitetooth Raider on that figure's card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die once for each figure with a Whitetooth Raider on its card. If you roll a 15 or higher, destroy that figure and replace it with a previously destroyed Whitetooth Raider. Order Markers may still be placed and revealed on this card if both Whitetooth Raiders are destroyed.

Water Strength:
Whitetooth Raiders do not stop their movement when entering water spaces. Add 1 die to a Whitetooth Raider's attack and defense while he is on a water space.

General = Vydar
Name = Krycis X-23
Species = Soulborg
Class = Hunter
Personality = Relentless
Size/Height = Large 7
Life = 7
Move = 5
Range = 1
Attack = 4
Defense = 5
Points = 200

Chain Blade Special Attack:
Range 4. Attack 4.
After inflicting wounds on an opponent's small, medium, or large figure, you may place it on an empty same-level space adjacent to Krycis X-23. The chosen figure will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Double Attack:
When Krycis X-23 attacks, it may attack one additional time.

General = Jandar
Name = Life Sister Joana
Species = Human
Class = Wizard
Personality = Devout
Size/Height = Medium 5
Life = 6
Move = 6
Range = 1
Attack = 2
Defense = 3
Points = 150

Bringer of Life:
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a wounded Hero adjacent to Life Sister Joana. Remove up to six Wound Markers from the chosen Hero's Army Card and place the same number of Wound Markers on Life Sister Joana.

Rejuvenation:
At the start of the round, you may roll a combat die for each wound on Life Sister Joana's Army Card. For every skull rolled, remove one wound from Life Sister Joana's Army Card.

General = Utgar
Name = Harbinger of Death
Species = Undead
Uniqueness/Type = Uncommon Hero
Class = Wizard
Personality = Relentless
Size/Height = Large 7
Life = 4
Move = 5
Range = 6
Attack = 1
Defense = 2
Points = 140

Servant of Death:
Harbingers of Death do not start the game on the battlefield. Harbingers of Death can only enter the battlefield when a Wizard that is not Undead is destroyed. You may replace that figure immediately, if possible, with one of your own Harbingers of Death that has not yet been placed on the battlefield.

Bringer of Death:
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent figure. If it is a Squad figure, you may remove one Wound Marker from this Harbinger of Death's Army Card to destroy it. If it is a Hero figure, you may remove up to four Wound Markers from this Harbinger of Death's Army Card and place the same number of Wound Markers on the chosen figure's Army Card. You may not place more wounds on the chosen Hero's Army Card than are needed to destroy it.

NAME = Jo-Rok-Ba
SPECIES = Marro
UNIQUENESS/TYPE = Unique Hero
CLASS = Brute
PERSONALITY = Subservient
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 6
LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 225

Accelerated Metabolism:
Whenever Jo-Rok-Ba destroys an opposing figure, you may place a Metabolism Marker on this card. Whenever Jo-Rok-Ba attacks, you may remove a Metabolism Marker from this card to add an automatic skull to Jo-Rok-Ba's roll. Jo-Rok-Ba cannot remove more than 5 Metabolism Markers from his card in one turn. Whenever Jo-Rok-Ba would receive wounds, you may instead remove that number of Metabolism Markers from this card.

Blind Obedience:
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on the card of a Marro Unique Hero that you control, before taking a turn with that hero, you may take a turn with Jo-Rok-Ba.

Insatiable Appetite:
Before moving with Jo-Rok-Ba you may destroy an adjacent figure that you control & place a Metabolism Marker on this card.

General = Utgar
Name = Dhaunaste Barriar (Plague Bearer, Spawn of Poison; for those of you not fully intigrated into Lolthian culture)
Species = Drow
Class = Wizard
Personality = Tricky
Size/Height = Medium 5
Life = 4
Move = 5
Range = 3
Attack = 3
Defense = 3
Points = 100

Infectious Plague:
Start the game with one green Plague Marker on Dhaunaste Barriar's Army Card. Instead of attacking, you may choose an adjacent Unique or Hero figure that is not Soulborg or Undead and place a green Plague Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. Roll the 20-sided die for every figure that moves adjacent to the infected figure. If you roll a 10 or higher, that figure receives a wound. If the infected figure is destroyed, place the green Plague Marker on Dhaunaste Barriar's Army Card. Soulborgs and Undead are not affected by Infectious Plague.

Poison Cloud Special Attack:
Range Special. Attack 4.
All figures within 2 spaces of Dhaunaste Barriar are affected by Poison Cloud Special Attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. For every figure that received a wound from Poison Cloud Special Attack, roll the 20-sided die for poison damage. If you roll 1–9, the defending figure receives no additional wound for Poison Damage. If you roll 11–19, add 1 additional Wound Marker to the defending figure’s Army Card, and roll again for Poison Damage. If you roll the 20, destroy the defending figure. Soulborgs and Undead are not affected by Poison Cloud Special Attack.

General = Ullar
Name = The Forest Musician
Species = Satyr
Class = Bard
Personality = Tricky
Size/Height = Medium 5
Life = 4
Move = 7
Range = 1
Attack = 3
Defense = 4
Points = 140

Call of the Wild:
After moving and instead of attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, all opposing figures that are standing on a swamp space or adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or a Jungle Piece receive a wound.

Enchanted Spear:
After moving and before attacking with The Forest Musician, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, add 5 to The Forest Musician’s Range value for the duration of his turn.

Nature's Protection:
When The Forest Musician rolls defense dice while adjacent to an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece, one shield will block all damage.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Last edited by cwidje; April 23rd, 2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Cwidje's Custom Creations

Glad you're posting these, thanks for entering the contests

I like the Bull Teraxxian. Territorial Dispute seems pretty powerful, he might need a bit of a price bump but only playtesting could tell for sure.

The Enraged Spirit is a cool idea, it gives the Samurai some thematic filler. Seems like they could have more than 0 defense considering how much they cost.

Demented dedication causes all kinds of turn interruption craziness right now though, and it can theoretically trigger after a Samurai is killed by Lava or Wannok at the end of the round, which is rather odd. I think it would make more sense to word it like the repulsors EMP power, to limit the amount of crazy corner cases.

Mabe something like this?

'After a Samurai you control is destroyed by a normal or special attack and an Enraged Spirit is placed on the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, the attacking figure must immediately end its turn and you may immediately take a turn with that Enraged Spirit.'

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 25th, 2013, 05:08 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the idea about Demented Dedication only being triggered by attacks. I'll change that.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:00 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool fig! I have a somewhat similar idea with my Souls of Vengeance. One thing I hadn't considered, but could also be an issue with Eternal Servitude, is Zombies. If a zombie destroys a samurai, what gets placed there?

A potential fix I'm working on is, instead of replacing the figure, place the spirit on a previously empty space within x spaces of the destroyed figure.

I really like the idea of a Common Hero for this type of unit. I just may borrow that...
Old June 29th, 2013, 01:35 PM
C-Wedgie

I hadn't thought about the Zombies problem... When in doubt, a d20 roll-off is my go-to solution.

Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:24 PM
C-Wedgie

*Updated with Agent Jenkins from Custom Contest 3*

Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like Reckless Reconnaissance and I like Diversion, but I really really dislike Frenzy on this card. It seems really jarring and doesn't make sense to me, thematically. Frenzy has been used before on the Venoc Vipers and the Aubrien Archers; in both cases it implies a sort of raging passion, which doesn't fit the sculpt or other powers--Recklessness is not the same thing as nearly animalistic rage.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 4th, 2013, 12:30 AM
C-Wedgie

I saw it more as a "Suicidal Charge" type deal.

Old July 4th, 2013, 12:53 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
I saw it more as a "Suicidal Charge" type deal.
I would go for a Suicidal Charge power, then.

--
--
--

--
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:06 AM
C-Wedgie

Perhaps an "Overextend Attack" type deal...

Old July 4th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Perhaps an "Overextend Attack" type deal...
That's a step in the right direction. I was thinking of something involving movement and attack, possibly followed by receiving wounds and/or being destroyed.

--
--
--

--
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:58 AM
C-Wedgie

*updated with edited Agent Jenkins & Whitetooth Raiders*

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards