Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 25th, 2009, 02:04 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Perfect bases for Heroscape

Wow, I'm totally late to the party. This is awesome!

If GreyOwl resizes his base stickers for these new bases, I can get them printed for everybody on glossy label paper.

Let me know who's interested and how many sheets you might want, and I can figure out a price. Basically, I'd have to buy a package of 100 sheets of 8.5x11 label stock.

Just to be clear to anyone who doesn't know me, I'm not looking to make any $$$ on this [especially since it's GO's design], just cover the actual expenses of buying the label stock, getting it printed, and mailing it to you!

Now, just gotta order me some bases. Tempted to get $20 worth, just so I'll be set for a while...
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:08 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just to be clear, the majority of you fellas have settled on the Elfball 30mm bases, right? Don't want to order a bunch and get glossy labels printed just to find out I bought the wrong bases!

And MH, try to convince your wife to buy you a Dremmel tool for Christmas, Father's Day or your next birthday. You can get them at Home Depot and they're amazing. I use one for all my customizing needs.
Old August 25th, 2009, 07:45 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

@ Gerada: Would the stickers you do be pre-cut?

Cheers
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:42 AM
C3G Hero

Unfortunately, they would not be pre cut [I'm assuming you mean each circle]... that would require the creation of a custom die, which could cost around $300! Of course, once the die is made, it can be used a nearly limitless amount of times, but still; I doubt there will be enough interest to warrant making one, unless 6 of us want to cough up $50 each.

One thing I can look into is whether or not my label vendor offers a pre die-cut circular label in the same diameter as the base sticker, but that's a bit of a long shot. What is the diameter of the sticker? The ones they make tend to come in pretty generic sizes... 1.5 inch, 1.75 inch, etc, so if it's TOO specific, they probably won't have it. If we happen to get lucky though, I can send GO a template and perhaps he could design the labels to fit it!
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We just need to get 30 of us interested and get $10 each ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post

Just keep your fingers crossed that the diameter of the base sticker matches one of my vendor's layouts. That would make things TOO easy...
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Quote:

Just keep your fingers crossed that the diameter of the base sticker matches one of my vendor's layouts. That would make things TOO easy...
I may be able to take this on. I need a measurement of the diameter of tops of the bases.
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:01 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In my current impoverished state, though, I'm seriously content to find a glue one of these days that will keep my replanted clix figs glued on to their clix bases. I can't afford to get all hoity toity about it like you gents right now. At least not until my second job kicks in!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2009, 11:10 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I may be able to take this on. I need a measurement of the diameter of tops of the bases.
Cool, you guys deal with label stock too? The print quality on your mats looks great, so I bet any stickers you could do would look amazing. Would you be able to get a custom die made for a reasonable price?

The route I was going to go would just involve digital printing, and I'll still pursue it if folks are interested... might be good to have 2 cost options. But I'm definitely interested to see what Cav could come up with!

Man, this is awesome! Could 2009 be the year we all make near-official looking custom figures with minimal effort and cost?
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:13 AM

If so, I might just go off official Scape and on a full time C3Gscape plan ...

Old August 25th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Cool, you guys deal with label stock too? The print quality on your mats looks great, so I bet any stickers you could do would look amazing. Would you be able to get a custom die made for a reasonable price?

The route I was going to go would just involve digital printing, and I'll still pursue it if folks are interested... might be good to have 2 cost options. But I'm definitely interested to see what Cav could come up with!

Man, this is awesome! Could 2009 be the year we all make near-official looking custom figures with minimal effort and cost?
Yeah, we are actually a label converter (we make stickers); we do everything from Wine labels to electronics labeling to branding to address labels. We do Flexographic, screen print, eletter press and are starting to dabble in digital printing. I'm hoping that the diameter of these might match up with one of our 'quick print' default labels. If so, I can get them fairly cheap. If it is a custom size, as you noted, the die costs are high.
Old August 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Trainer of n00bs

I have placed an order for some of these bases. Once I get them in, I will check the size against what size dies we have available. If someone who already has some gets me a good top diameter measurement sooner, I will be able to get pricing ideas sooner.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations