Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 28th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Martial La Hire

Well he wouldn't guard it as an attacker, now would he? He would have a tough time wounding it anyway though.
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I found Martial to be useful with Theracus, as a "T-bomb". It sets him away from friendly forces and can be a quick but devastating hit to your enemy's front line, and all for 110 pts.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:21 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

I see him as a fun guys to use in an
"adventuring party". He doesn't seem to fit with many competitive armies.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
I see him as a fun guys to use in an
"adventuring party". He doesn't seem to fit with many competitive armies.
He's actually a great filler / cleanup hero. I love throwing him in my armies whenever I can.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He's Concan without the frills, but with a potential to attack twice, 10 points cheaper.

As far as filler goes, that's solid. Unless you're into the Zettian Guards.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old August 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
The Door is not Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Am I right to assume that his power is applicable to destructible objects too?
I would agree with that. There is nothing in the power that would lead me to read it any other way.

[Note to self: Don't let Martial guard a damaged castle door.]
If you want to get the second attack out on Reckless Second Swing, his first target has to be a figure. DO's are not considered figures.

You are free to use his second attack on the door however.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; August 19th, 2012 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Kinda shocked this wasn't caught earlier...
Old August 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I'd be inclined to use him with Finn.
Old August 19th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

I'd be inclined to use him with Finn.
That's an interesting idea, but a bit OM intensive isn't it? Well maybe you could use Knights...

Hawthorne
Finn
La Hire
Knights x4
550 points

Finn and La Hire move in first. If La Hire goes down before Finn, then you can still put Finn's Spirit on

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Door is not Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I would agree with that. There is nothing in the power that would lead me to read it any other way.

If you want to get the second attack out on Reckless Second Swing, his first target has to be a figure. DO's are not considered figures.

Well, the question is whether you'd be forced to use his second attack on the door if you had no other targets available, and SB was saying that you would (which I would agree with). Now, as to whether the door could be the first figure involved ... well, I don't think it's quite as clear-cut as you seem to believe. Let me ask the C3V Rules Team to weigh in on the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Door is not Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Well, the question is whether you'd be forced to use his second attack on the door if you had no other targets available, and SB was saying that you would (which I would agree with). Now, as to whether the door could be the first figure involved ... well, I don't think it's quite as clear-cut as you seem to believe. Let me ask the C3V Rules Team to weigh in on the topic.
I have a consensus from the C3V Rules Team; would the creator of this Bo thread please add this to the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&C
If Martial attacks a destructible object and causes a wound, is he required to attack a second time?
Yes. Even though destructible objects are not figures, they are impacted by special attacks or special powers that only cause wounds, and Reckless Second Swing is such a power.
Now, for those who don't feel this is sufficient explanation, let me point out a few other things, based on the Official FAQ:
  • The FAQ says: "Remember, that the Door is not a figure, but it can be targeted and attacked much the same way a figure is targeted and attacked, with some exceptions." It then lists several exceptions, none of which apply in the case of Reckless Second Swing.
  • Yes, Reckless Second Swing does specifically say "when Martial La Hire wounds a figure"; however, so do many special attacks which we know apply to destructible objects. For instance, Explosion Special Attack says "choose a figure to attack," but we know that you can choose a destructible object, because the FAQ says: "If I target the closed door with an explosion attack (that also affects adjacent figures), will it affect figures that are adjacent to it, even if they are on the other side? Yes."

Hopefully this is sufficient for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old August 4th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Martial finally gets synergy! Very minor synergy, anyway.
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 15th, 2014, 10:36 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Martial finally gets synergy! Very minor synergy, anyway.
Spoiler Alert!
This isn't in the op yet.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs