Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 10th, 2015, 07:56 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Wyrmwalk's review period has passed, and with a clean 4-0 slate, it passes. Congratulations, and thank you, to @Panopticon for creating the second map inducted into the Wargrounds of Scape.
Hooray! Another map inducted into the WoS!

Big congrats Pantopticon.

We'll create a Display Thread for our inducted maps soon, so tournament directors and anybody else looking for high-quality maps can find 'em all lined up in a single gallery.
Old February 10th, 2015, 07:58 AM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Dear members of our Heroscapers community,

The Wargrounds of Scape -- i.e., us here -- need more maps to review. Please keep those nominations coming.
Old February 10th, 2015, 12:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Dear members of our Heroscapers community,

The Wargrounds of Scape -- i.e., us here -- need more maps to review. Please keep those nominations coming.
Okay, I'll bite.

I'm going to nominate my new version of Calida:

Calida build instructions. It uses 1 RoTV, 1 RttFF, and 1 VW, with 2 random glyphs.

Online version here.

The major changes to this version involve adding more cover, both by moving the trees and adding the ruins, flattening the sand hill outside the start zone, and making it a bit easier for armies to deploy.

This should serve to force gameplay to move quite a bit more, and discourage stagnation.

Hopefully it's better enough not to get shot down immediately
Old February 10th, 2015, 04:12 PM

Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker Seraph knows what's in an order marker

Wouldn't Calida qualify for BoV? How is the overlap to be handled?
Or could a map be approved into WoS and then into the BoV as well?

Also: I built Wyrmwalk last night. I've yet to play on it, but I think it's going to be my favorite map of all time. Really excited to have bigger / more complicated maps that are still competitive. Time to go stalk @Panopticon and build every single one of his maps.
Old February 10th, 2015, 04:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
People are free to nominate maps for WoS or BoV or both. The overlap will be handled however BoV judges see fit, I suppose.

Personally, I see no need for WoS to review a map that has already been approved by the BoV, although I would probably be able to slap an immediate (or , in a few cases) on most of them since I have plenty of experience playing on them. It just seems silly, though.

Quote:
Also: I built Wyrmwalk last night. I've yet to play on it, but I think it's going to be my favorite map of all time. Really excited to have bigger / more complicated maps that are still competitive. Time to go stalk @Panopticon and build every single one of his maps.
He has lots of great maps, for sure. Wyrmwalk is my definite favorite though.
Old February 10th, 2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Glad Wyrmwalk has you excited @Seraph ! Excellent. Thanks for posting; hope you have as much fun playing on it as we did testing it.
Old February 10th, 2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
People are free to nominate maps for WoS or BoV or both. The overlap will be handled however BoV judges see fit, I suppose.
Just echoing what dok said. People are free to nominate maps wherever they want. We welcome submissions.
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:28 AM

Right! The WoS display thread is now up.

Please check it out. (But don't post anything there! It's for display only.)
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:39 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Now you need another sticky.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post

Now you need another sticky.
Yesh indeedy! Will beg an admin to wave a magic wand.
Old February 11th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
As a tournament director who is not directly involved in either project, I see this as a complete non-issue. They are two independent bodies, with (IMHO) different strengths and different weaknesses. When selecting maps for a tournament I can choose some from one, some from the other, and some from neither, as I did for my last event.

No reason the same movie can't win both a Golden Globe and an Academy Award, right?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 11th, 2015, 12:24 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
As a tournament director who is not directly involved in either project, I see this as a complete non-issue. They are two independent bodies, with (IMHO) different strengths and different weaknesses. When selecting maps for a tournament I can choose some from one, some from the other, and some from neither, as I did for my last event.

No reason the same movie can't win both a Golden Globe and an Academy Award, right?
To me, WoS approval is desirable in that it will more easily get the map played on, which is the point. Online 'Scape often uses maps under WoS review, and that way top players get to play on these maps faster than might happen in the BoV.

Secondly, the entire WoS process is fast. It takes 4 months at most for a map to go through the entire system. I have a map that I nominated to the BoV almost 14 months ago that has no votes on it yet. It's very disheartening. I don't think I'll probably ever submit another map to the BoV unless they get faster.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios