Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which of these do you think is the best?
Nomratu 4 22.22%
Lasro 3 16.67%
Shrieking Gartuun 1 5.56%
Skinshade Tickler 2 11.11%
Jikininki Demon 6 33.33%
Ulixes 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 9th, 2016, 12:13 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: January Custom Contest Poll

Congrats @Ninja Status ! This was a fun one.

Now that the dust has settled, I'll give my two cents on the entries. I really did like them all, and it was a tough choice! One of the things I like about these contests is seeing how others approached the same figure.

@Good Pig Lasro: Climb and Engagement Strike are both good powers for the figure. I like the idea of Stranglehold but I'm not clear on the power: if Lasro is engaged with a Large figure and a Medium figure, does he still get to Strangle the Medium figure? I'm not the best coster but 90 seems high.

@mtl1998 Shrieking Gartuun (or Gartunn?): Death Knight bonding works for this figure. Quick Strike is neat. Shrieking Call is good (although I would clarify whether "this SG" gets to move with the power or not, right now it can). But the power requires me to really have at least 3, probably more, of this Uncommmon to really get the value, which is why I didn't vote for it. Maybe if Shrieking Call could move some other type of figure (Demons? Tormented Squad figures?) it would give you more army options. Also, 60 seems low to me.

@TheAverageFan Skinshade Tickler: I like "Skinshade" as a species, but not really "Tickler" as a class. I know you're into the new Generals, but it's hard for me to envision expanding my collection in that direction. Other than the left box stuff, I do like this guy. Scuttle Sprint is a little complicated, but not overly so, and the other powers work for me. I think Scale is better than Climb for this figure.

@Ninja Status The J Demon: I like Demons, and the power set is certainly Savage and Wild. I think Slashing Frenzy Special Attack is problematic. In the right circumstances, this guy could take out an entire army of Vipers, or move clear across the board in one move, especially since the attack power grows over time. Once you have him throwing 5 special attack dice, he's going to be a monster. (Plus, you need to specify if it takes leaving engagement attacks when it moves with the SA.) I like the idea of the power but I think it needs work.

@Lazy Orang Ulixes: Another Demon that bonds with the Death Knights! I like the combination of Deadly Strike and Frenzied Assault. You'll want to keep your guys away from him, and I like that sort of anti-synergy. Ruthless Counter Strike needs a bit of work to make it clearer. Perhaps something like:
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, use the white combat dice. If Ulixes was not destroyed by that attack, all skulls you rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
With 3 life and 2 defense, I'm not sure he'll be around long, but he can do some damage on the way out.

Nomratu: Designing a filler figure is tricky. My idea here was to have a figure that you could get value out of, without putting order markers on it. (NOM = No Order Markers, ha!) Tricky Advance lets you move it forward without an OM. Tail Whip lets it assist with another's attack. And Grasping Claws makes it harder to get out of engagement. My main critique of my own figure here is what @Maklar the Silver Prince said: it's too complicated. Re-rolling the LEA would accomplish the same thing -- I got in my head the idea that each claw was one die, or something like that. Even easier would be to just rename "Coward's Reward," although that does up his power a bit.

Hope these were some helpful comments!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards