Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 14th, 2015, 11:40 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker
Re: Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Is there a limit on how well know the figure should be?
Not at all. I actually like more obscure characters. It gives us a chance to spread the word for a series that we love but others may not know about.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 15th, 2015, 12:43 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Ok updated card with corrected punctuation...are we ready to put it to the vote?
That card is worth more than 200 points.

I need to research this more but should Son Of Poseidon read something closer to " add 1 .... add 2 instead" ? Basically should the word "instead" be in there somewhere? I'm not on my PC or else I'd hit up the Books to see if there is precedence.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 15th, 2015, 01:15 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Precedents of the United States

Here's what I found.

Shiori has a differing number of attack die based upon the size of the figure she is attacking. Both are listed out separately. There is no instead.

Dwarven strategic bonding lists both options. No instead.

Everyone with Wait then Fire has no instead.

Hide in Darkness lists both terrain d20 bonuses. There is no instead.

Current wording of Water Elemental is

While a Water Elemental is on a water space...

All matchups are assuming Percy is on a water space.

210 points of Knights is close. (Percy favored)

210 points of 4th is also closeish (Percy favored)

Jotun is favored.

Krug is favored

Fen Hydra is not favored

Charos is not favored

~Dysole, unsure of any other similarities that exist
Old May 15th, 2015, 01:36 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Dysole , that calculator thing is sweeeet.
EDIT: I popped in one less attack on percy's end of things in the calculator, and the win percentage fell a little more even, against 210 points worth of knights.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; May 15th, 2015 at 02:05 AM.
Old May 15th, 2015, 03:41 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Agreed

[quote=Dysole;2021381]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Is there a limit on how well know the figure should be?
t
Not at all, several of the characters that have already passed have been that way. For example I had never heard of Thomas Hunter or Corwin when we did them. I also beleive several people has not heard of Tanis Half-Elven when I suggested him. The main thing we agreed on in the begining I do believe is that we would not do anything that another 'official' group was doing. Therefore no Star Wars, Superheroes, Lord of the Rings etc.
Old May 15th, 2015, 03:15 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyhow back to Percy. I think what Confred is thinking about with the 'instead' thing is what he saw on our card for one of Tanis Half-Elven's abilities.

WYRMSLAYER
When Tanis Half-Elven attacks an adjacent figure, add 2 dice to his attack. If the adjacent figure is a dragon, add 4 dice instead.

But I do not think that applies in the Son of Poseidon situation.
Old May 15th, 2015, 04:05 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So...

I think we need to change Son of Poseidon to the following.

SON OF POSEIDON
While Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 1 to his Attack and Defense. While Percy Jackson is on a water space, add 2 to his Attack and Defense. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water. After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

Otherwise, we need to decide if we're good with those matchup results or if we need to drop stats or boost price.

~Dysole, thinking we're near the end here
Old May 15th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I think he's good with a price boost.
(Also removing camp from Camp half blood training. The name is just too long as is. It's a mouthful.)

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 15th, 2015, 09:02 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
(Also removing camp from Camp half blood training. The name is just too long as is. It's a mouthful.)
I agree, would you guys be against trying him in the 210-220 range. Using Dysole's calculator thing kind of gives you the idea that the sweet spot would be somewhere between 210 points of knights and Jotun 220. I think he could evenly match Jotun while on water, if not beat him. But maybe lose to him, not around water. So at least a 10 point, to maybe a 20 point boost on points. With that, you could leave his stats alone. Any wording issues you guys want to do are fine as well, that's not as much up my alley.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 15th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I kind of like "Camp" being there because it nods where the training comes from, implying "Camp Half-Blood" is a proper noun

I prefer him closer to 240

Is the 20-sided die roll really necessary for Hydrokinesis?
What if the throw portion of Hydrokinesis triggered off rolling at least 1 skull (wound or no) but not destroying? That way squad figures could be thrown?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
I kind of like "Camp" being there because it nods where the training comes from, implying "Camp Half-Blood" is a proper noun

I prefer him closer to 240

Is the 20-sided die roll really necessary for Hydrokinesis?
What if the throw portion of Hydrokinesis triggered off rolling at least 1 skull (wound or no) but not destroying? That way squad figures could be thrown?
Good idea!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 15th, 2015, 11:26 PM

Credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I agree, would you guys be against trying him in the 210-220 range. Using Dysole's calculator thing kind of gives you the idea that the sweet spot would be somewhere between 210 points of knights and Jotun 220. I think he could evenly match Jotun while on water, if not beat him. But maybe lose to him, not around water. So at least a 10 point, to maybe a 20 point boost on points. With that, you could leave his stats alone. Any wording issues you guys want to do are fine as well, that's not as much up my alley.
The calculator is not mine. It was made by mathguy. I just know how to use it.

~Dysole, who would love to have built that but only has a much smaller version in a personal spreadsheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum