Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old May 12th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

I just saw this ability in Mera's thread in C3G and thought it could serve as inspiration for the special attack.

AQUAKINESIS
After moving and instead of attacking with Mera, if she is within 2 spaces of a water space, you may choose up to 4 figures within 4 spaces of Mera. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen figure. If you roll 14 or higher, you may either inflict 1 unblockable wound on that chosen figure, or place that chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Aquakinesis do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:00 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I just saw this ability in Mera's thread in C3G and thought it could serve as inspiration for the special attack.

AQUAKINESIS
After moving and instead of attacking with Mera, if she is within 2 spaces of a water space, you may choose up to 4 figures within 4 spaces of Mera. One at a time, roll the 20-sided die once for each chosen figure. If you roll 14 or higher, you may either inflict 1 unblockable wound on that chosen figure, or place that chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. Figures moved by Aquakinesis do not take any leaving engagement attacks.
HYDROKINESIS SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 2+Special. Attack 2+Special.

When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its' original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

It's a bit wordy and dropping the boosts could cut it down but I do hesitate about giving him figure movement as that is super powerful (see Shurrak on lava) and doesn't feel super thematic for him to be knocking people into lava. Then again, this is going off of my very limited knowledge so someone else will have to tell me if I'm off base here.

~Dysole, brainstorming
Old May 12th, 2015, 06:16 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

I'm not very familiar with Percy, I saw both the movies mainly because my gf is a huge fan, so I'm not sure if this idea fits in that well but could we reuse the Magical Equipment power from the Harry Potter card? I know Percy has some magical items he uses, and I apologize if this was brought up earlier, I only have time to leave this comment, I'll read the past couple pages later.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 12th, 2015, 07:30 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alot of good ideas here, keep them coming. I am getting ready for work at the moment and will review any new posts and post a new draft in the a.m.
Old May 12th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm at work, but great quote of the wiki. That will go a long way for me in visualizing this guy.
And yes he does sound very much the 7/7 in water. He single handedly takes on Gods and Titans or multiple Demigods attacking him at the same time. He is a match for superheroes. I'm fine with a meaty 300 point or even greater figure
With that said, design lead gets to choose which version and if Percy is weak in the movies, then be it

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; May 12th, 2015 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 12th, 2015, 11:41 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What I Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
From the Half Blood wiki (note: Spoilers)

Spoiler Alert!
I remember this character now. The author was on the news years ago. This was originally meant as bed time stories for his son that was discouraged with books because he had both ADHD and Dyslexia, so the dad wrote the traits as actually being super powers, which is a big part of why the series became popular

Thus I think the big three special powers should be
ADHD: punishes the opponent for rolling blanks in combat
Dyslexia: before attacking, swap any two order markers controlled by the same player, you may then look at those markers (tricky and commanding)
Son Of Poseidon: water power

Old May 12th, 2015, 11:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post

AQUAKINESIS

When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its' original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

It's a bit wordy and dropping the boosts could cut it down but I do hesitate about giving him figure movement as that is super powerful (see Shurrak on lava) and doesn't feel super thematic for him to be knocking people into lava. Then again, this is going off of my very limited knowledge so someone else will have to tell me if I'm off base here.

~Dysole, brainstorming
I think this power works pretty well.

Old May 13th, 2015, 06:06 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I lke the modification to Hydrokenisis and the Greek Training Idea how about this though

Percy Jackson
Jandar

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Tricky

SON OF POSEIDON
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy is on a water space add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy does not have to stop his movement when entering water.After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card.

GREEK TRAINING
If Percy Jackson destroy's an opponents figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time.

Life 6
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5

Points 175

Also what do you think of this for Percy's figure it will obviously need a repaint.

http://shop.strikezoneonline.com/Ite...F67479289.html[/QUOTE]
Old May 13th, 2015, 10:34 AM

I think the figure is great. I like his pose and after a recolor, it'll look spot on.

After thought, ADHD and DYSLEXIA are so important to the heart of the character that they should be included.

Old May 13th, 2015, 11:41 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I Read Words Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
I think the figure is great. I like his pose and after a recolor, it'll look spot on.

After thought, ADHD and DYSLEXIA are so important to the heart of the character that they should be included.
From what it sounds like it sounds like ADHD and dyslexia while powers are not necessarily the weaknesses they can be in real life (as someone who is 95% certain has ADHD and even if not I know people who have these and I know it's a struggle at times). So I sort of find myself wondering if having such powers won't be confusing (without the provided backstory I would've been very confused). When designing a preestablished character you have to kind of take what they are most known for. I'll admit that I knew about the Poseidon and water control bits long before I find out about ADHD and dyslexia.

Secondly, I have no idea how to thematically represent him being able to read ancient divine Greek and Latin.

So, while it might make sense to include that I think it might be more trouble than it's worth.

~Dysole, who can pretty easily come up with ways to represent ADHD but they feel more like divine supersenses than ADHD.
Old May 13th, 2015, 11:49 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

The figure looks good, with a repaint. The card looks a bit better with the higher price tag and better wording. No regeneration? With those stats it would be very hard to kill him, but he does do it in the water.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 13th, 2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Percy Jackson
Jandar

Demigod
U. Hero
Warrior
Tricky

SON OF POSEIDON
If Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 1 to his attack and defense. If Percy Jackson is on a water space, add 2 to his attack and defense. Percy Jackson does not have to stop his movement when entering water. After taking a turn with Percy Jackson, if he is on a water space, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. NOTE: If we do drop to Percy after the first Percy Jackson we should do it for the whole power.

When Percy Jackson is within 3 spaces of a water space, add 2 to the range and attack of Hydrokinesis Special Attack. If a small or medium figure receives one or more wounds from Hydrokinesis Special Attack but is not destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. On a roll of 14 or higher, place that figure on an empty space within 2 spaces of its'its original placement. Figures moved by Hydrokinesis Special Attack do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

GREEK TRAINING
If Percy Jackson destroy's an opponents figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time with a normal attack.
Couple wording corrections. Do we want Percy to be able to use Hydrokinesis with Greek Training? That feels a titch odd. If so, we'll want
"with a normal or special attack".

~Dysole, who might be dropping into the wordings person position

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum