Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old July 14th, 2023, 12:33 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Feature requests:
Ability to add multiple tournament organizers.

Ability to ban figures, so that players cannot submit armies that contain those units. (I realized that this is already implemented.)

Support for a random teams format, where players are paired with a different teammate each game.

Ability for players to change their winner report after submitting them, for cases where they accidentally submit the wrong outcome for a game.

Last edited by Leaf_It; August 1st, 2023 at 12:50 PM.
Old August 4th, 2023, 02:54 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Hey @Chris Perkins ! First, thank you for making this site, it is really great. Second, is there an option to do a round-robin tournament? Where every person plays each other person exactly once? Thanks!
Old August 4th, 2023, 03:03 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDays View Post
Hey [MENTION=46264]Is there an option to do a round-robin tournament? Where every person plays each other person exactly once? Thanks!
There isn't a built-in algorithm for that, sorry.

The pairing system only supports swiss-style matchups.

However, you can adjust the matchups before starting a round, so you could pre-set the round robin order and just change the matchups that the site generates each round before publishing the round. A little more work for the TD, but should work.
Old August 4th, 2023, 08:42 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDays View Post
Hey [MENTION=46264]Is there an option to do a round-robin tournament? Where every person plays each other person exactly once? Thanks!
There isn't a built-in algorithm for that, sorry.

The pairing system only supports swiss-style matchups.

However, you can adjust the matchups before starting a round, so you could pre-set the round robin order and just change the matchups that the site generates each round before publishing the round. A little more work for the TD, but should work.
No problem. Thank you for the suggested workaround!
Old August 8th, 2023, 06:07 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Some changes from while Heroscapers was down:

Added a new infrastructure to support alternative unit sets (e.g. AoA & C3G). A subdomain exists for each of these, where the Builder & Scoring tabs use the alternative figure sets. For example:
https://aoa.heroscape.org/builder/
https://c3g.heroscape.org/builder/
These subdomains can also be accessed via direct links from the homepage of .org.

Tournaments can be run with these alternative figure sets. For now, I need to manually make a switch in the database to make this happen (so if you want to run an AoA or C3G event, create the tournament normally and then ask me to change it) but I intend to allow users to mark this themself when making a tournament eventually.

The point of the new design is that it can easily support additional figure sets with minimal work from my end (5-10 minutes for me). The process is:
1) Contact me, asking for formal support with the name of your project
2) I make a new, empty Google Sheet (with column headings set)
3) You enter your data in that Google Sheet
The design matches Google Sheets with subdomains, so as you enter more figures they'll get automatically populated on the site.

Various Bug Fixes:
1) Users with special characters in their username (commas, periods, at symbols, etc.) were able to double-sign up for a tournament. This has been fixed.
2) Probably others I can't remember right now off the top of my head
Regarding this, in the future will there ever be a way to use the work of multiple "groups" together? Suppose that someday NGC, HoSS, and AotV are all on the site. Someone might want to use the builder with all three (plus AoA, classic, and VC). Some tourney organizers might even want to incorporate NGC, AotV, AoA, classic, and VC all into the same event!

Not sure how that would work on the backend. It seems like right now you have a way to mix stuff in with classic+VC (the way AoA is set up) or not (like C3G); eventually it might be nice to have like, a checkbox list of projects to include.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 14th, 2023, 03:21 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fyi, I'll be doing some data-cleanup to get some more consistent naming conventions of Tournaments / Seasons / Leagues so that displayed data looks better with some new formatting that I'm trying.

Also will be implementing some minor changes (planned and unplanned) over the next few weeks now that ScapeCon III is over.
Old August 16th, 2023, 06:12 PM

Just added the ability for users to specify a season (on their own) when creating a tournament.

However it only lets you specify a season that you are an admin for the league of (which I still have to set manually). So if you need to be admin for a local league, let me know. I'll try to add the ones I know about (and will let you know if I do that for your account).
Old August 18th, 2023, 11:19 AM

Added the ability for a user to drop themself during a tournament (meaning they would not get paired into future rounds). Previously only TDs could do this. Still requires a TD to undo (so that a player cannot undo a TD-drop without approval).

Hopefully this will solve some of the bottlenecks from ScapeCon when we had like 5-10 people drop before the last round of a few tournaments where they had to line up to tell the TD (or me) to do it.
Old August 22nd, 2023, 12:04 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks Chris! Love using your software, an amazing contribution to the community!
Old August 22nd, 2023, 03:56 PM

HoSS (Heroes of Star Wars Scape) just went live. https://hoss.heroscape.org/builder/
Old August 23rd, 2023, 12:47 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
HoSS (Heroes of Star Wars Scape) just went live. https://hoss.heroscape.org/builder/
So cool!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 23rd, 2023, 10:40 AM

C3G 2.0 just went live. https://c3g2.heroscape.org/builder/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software