Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 24th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Robber's maps: Basilisk 2/24/17

Map: Basilisk HSC file
Requirements: 2 BftU, FotA
Date uploaded: 2/24/17
Tournament Use: None

I had to do some crazy stuff to support the 3rd level castle tiles, but it's structurally sound somehow

Last edited by Robber; February 24th, 2017 at 09:21 PM.
Old February 27th, 2017, 07:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Good to see you back at it, Robber. The new maps all look quite nice.

(Platypus has been on my gaming table for a month now, and it's currently in my avatar pic.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
If anyone has ideas for where to put the ruins without them being obstructions, the map could definitely use the LoS blockers
Two ideas:
  1. High ground, a-la dry season or common ground.
  2. take the left-hand trees and put them on the right side, then put the ruins where the left-hand trees are.
Old February 27th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks! It means a lot to me that you've had Platypus built for so long!

I took a lot of inspiration for the design of Misty Steppe from Common Ground, which is one of my favorite 1xRotV maps. I'd rather not make the map even more similar, so I'll try out the second option.

I'm also trying to make the map larger by pulling each start zone a space away from the center. I'll try to put a preliminary version of the map in the thread sometime this week.
Old April 1st, 2017, 01:32 PM
Promising Cartographer

Re: Robber's maps: Metropolis 4/1/2017

Map: Metropolis HSC file
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 FotA
Date uploaded: 4/1/2017

I wanted to step out of my comfort zone for this map. It's got a weird footprint and offers players asymmetric choices when they leave the starting zone. I'm trying out the wound glyphs and height spaced unequal distances from each starting zone.

I'm still working on and playtesting the map, so I may update it to a later version if I decide to change anything.
Old April 1st, 2017, 02:40 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

ooo... I like this one. Love the simple dynamic, though I think I'd like to see a couple more pillars, the ruins or some battlements scattered in there a little bit. It seems just a tad bare otherwise.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 1st, 2017, 08:07 PM
Promising Cartographer

Thanks! I'd like to place more pillars, but I'm not sure where they would fit well. I definitely don't plan on adding battlements.

I agree that there are too many flat lv 2 areas. Most of it is road or areas between the starting zone and the road so I'm OK with it. I definitely would add more height variation if I had more material to work with though.

Please let me know if you have any pillar placement suggestions or any other improvement ideas!
Old May 20th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Promising Cartographer

Map: Bountiful Grove HSC file
Requirements: 1 RotV, 1 TJ
Date uploaded: 5/20/2017

This map underwent a ton of revisions before I was happy with it. Its original inspiration was from @Sir Heroscape 's awesome Overgrown Ruins map:

Spoiler Alert!

I'll be entering it into the Uncharted Wellsprings contest once my finals are done and I write up a backstory. (I also need to re-upload a better image from my desktop)
Old May 20th, 2017, 05:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Robber's maps: Bountiful Grove 5/20/17

Good to seesome more entries. Looks cool man.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 20th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Well done...looking forward to your submission!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Promising Cartographer

I built @All Your Pie 's Platinum River the other day. It was my favorite map by far in the Uncharted Wellsprings contest. When I build someone else's map, I have the habit of messing with it until it's the way I like.

Here's what happened to Platinum River:

You can download the .hsc file here.

I think it mitigates the two major beefs I had with the original Platinum River:

- The outcroppings, water, and battlements cause way too many choke points.

- It is much more desirable to leave the starting zone of the original map from the left side, as the lv 4 height and glyph can both be reached much faster from that direction

My version of Platinum River still suffers from the second issue, but not as drastically. Let me know what you think!

Edit: Here is a PDF of the map

Last edited by Robber; October 10th, 2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Fixed
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:35 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I previously posted a modification of All Your Pie's map Platinum River here, but it's more appropriate to put in my own map thread.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=286
Hey Robber! That url just links back to the post itself!
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Promising Cartographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
I previously posted a modification of All Your Pie's map Platinum River here, but it's more appropriate to put in my own map thread.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=286
Hey Robber! That url just links back to the post itself!
Whoops! I mixed up the two threads. They're both fixed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios