Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old February 26th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Dark Cave Lair Map

The Book of Dark Cave Lair Map

A C3G Casual Map

Download PDF File Here

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie™ Master Set, 3 Battle for the Underdark Master Sets

Dark Cave Lair Bio - Far beneath the belly of the earth lies a hidden cavern full of leathery wings and shadow. This unexplored sanctum holds great untapped potential for any masked crusader seeking a home base. But will the future dweller of this cave be a savior or a devil?

-Rulings and Clarifications-

OPTIONAL SPECIAL RULE
Quote:
INTO THE SHADOWS
Figures do not have clear line of sight on any non-adjacent figure that is standing on a Shadow Tile.

This concept is pretty straight forward, it allows any figure to hide or be lost in the cave. You can't attack or target a figure with a special attack or special power, and if you are not careful, you may also loose your allies and any synergy like Cupid's Arrow or Field Commander.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • TBA

Last edited by IAmBatman; September 16th, 2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Dark Cave Lair - A C3G Map in Progress

Old February 26th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool-looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; March 4th, 2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:23 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Cool-looking but why would the red team ever move off the highest part of the map?
Would you honestly sit there and wait for your enemy? I guess some people may do that, but I wouldn't play with them again after that. Both sides technically have the high ground. Do you have any real suggestions for start zones or shifting the map in any way?
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Cool-looking but why would the red team ever move off the highest part of the map?
Would you honestly sit there and wait for your enemy? I guess some people may do that, but I wouldn't play with them again after that. Both sides technically have the high ground. Do you have any real suggestions for start zones or shifting the map in any way?
I wouldn't but many people do and I'd like these maps to have the widest possible appeal.

My suggestion is to move the cool cave part with the stalagmites in the middle and have lowered start zones on either end.

Another benefit would be less sets required. How many does this require currently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
I wouldn't but many people do and I'd like these maps to have the widest possible appeal.

My suggestion is to move the cool cave part with the stalagmites in the middle and have lowered start zones on either end.

Another benefit would be less sets required. How many does this require currently?
3 DnD sets and 1 Rise of Valkyrie set are required. Also, I will see what I can come up with for the start-zones and mountain shifting later.
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Now I have a good reason to buy a third dnd set. Thanks
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:47 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Griff that is one cool looking map. I love it, but I do also agree with Quozl:
Quote:

Cheers
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You could always put glyphs or other objectives in the low land to attract the red team off of height. I'm loving the Cavern look.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 26th, 2010, 07:10 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe put a treasure glyph to entice the red guys down?
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:24 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Personally, I'm less bothered by height in start zones when it comes to comic characters. So many of them have some kind of height-defying power, whether it's flying or super leap or bat-grapple or whatever, and in addition so many have ranged attacks or specials that aren't as affected by height as classic characters. I'm far more interested in theme and visual appeal when it comes to these kinds of maps because I think you need to be covering your bases anyway.

You might try throwing a Wannok in the center of the map if it's a real concern. That's usually enough to make people pay attention and bring at least some of their forces down from height.

I think this map looks INCREDIBLE. The only thing I'd do is move the shadow tiles around so that there's a bit more strategic importance to them, but that's a minor thing.
Old February 26th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What about a map special rule involving Shadow Tiles that gives a +2 defense against ranged attacks? That'll even out height advantage just fine ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios