Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 14th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There's an off-chance I could convince myself to do one in the summer once kiddo's in preschool (so first week of July or so). But I'm not sure I could commit to the long haul if it takes a while, as I'll be heading back to ft work in the third or fourth week of August.
We've got the manpower to fast-track a unit through testing, especially if you have the time to hit the initial yourself. I'd love to see you run something if you've got the time.
Old March 14th, 2018, 01:53 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Transformers is the only one I personally care about, though mods there are probably unfortunately not going to work.
The nice thing with Transformers is that most modern Scout / Deluxe size point figures (or whatever the size classes are called now) fit fine on a peanut base in robot mode and some Voyagers will fit too, so you can just buy a regular toy and call it a day. Basically anyone that's worth getting a card has a modern figure available/in the pipeline thanks to Prime Wars and other assorted modernish Gen 1 toylines.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 14th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:
While I never had any of the toys growing up and only watched the cartoon on occasion, I would certainly vote yes on incorporating He-Man into C3G. It just seems like a good fit to me. The only issue I see is the same as G.I. Joe and Transformers has, a lack of ready to go minis.
Despite not knowing He-Man or G.I. Joe, I doubt mods would be that hard, we could probably get something going. Transformers is the only one I personally care about, though mods there are probably unfortunately not going to work.

EDIT: Actually, man do those pewter minis look cool! As long as we can guarantee a permanent supply, I think we're good here!

~Lazy Orang, who'd love to see Bats come back and run some more designs here.
C3G has never approved an unpainted mini as the official one, for some reason that has always seemed to be the bridge too far.
We've crossed 'bridges too far' before. I don't think a handful of figures that need painting is going to cause any serious problems at this stage, where we're moving into different, nicher areas and already have more designs to pick from than anyone ever thought we would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Transformers is the only one I personally care about, though mods there are probably unfortunately not going to work.
The nice thing with Transformers is that most modern Scout / Deluxe size point figures (or whatever the size classes are called now) fit fine on a peanut base in robot mode and some Voyagers will fit too, so you can just buy a regular toy and call it a day. Basically anyone that's worth getting a card has a modern figure available/in the pipeline thanks to Prime Wars and other assorted modernish Gen 1 toylines.
Could you put up some pictures? Not heard of any of these.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 14th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
While I never had any of the toys growing up and only watched the cartoon on occasion, I would certainly vote yes on incorporating He-Man into C3G. It just seems like a good fit to me. The only issue I see is the same as G.I. Joe and Transformers has, a lack of ready to go minis.
Despite not knowing He-Man or G.I. Joe, I doubt mods would be that hard, we could probably get something going. Transformers is the only one I personally care about, though mods there are probably unfortunately not going to work.

EDIT: Actually, man do those pewter minis look cool! As long as we can guarantee a permanent supply, I think we're good here!

C3G has never approved an unpainted mini as the official one, for some reason that has always seemed to be the bridge too far.
We do have official figures that require a 100% repaint though. Like The Mask.
Old March 14th, 2018, 05:34 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We do have official figures that require a 100% repaint though. Like The Mask.
Precisely. I really think we need to start being more open at this stage. It's not as though we're a fledgling custom group anymore, where a handful of figures who need painting will put people off.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 14th, 2018, 05:39 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I can say that re-painting does not scare people like the word paint does. I have made my own Spawn, Martian Manhunter, Maalefak, Dekay Drazz, Fin Fang Foom, and others, all of which are modded Heroclix. All are at least repainted, however I put off that for the longest because I'm not an artist. I was afraid to screw them up. But ultimately I decided to be simple. No wash, no drybrushing, just simple 4 color goodness. Is it beautiful like what you can find in Soundwarp's Threads? No, but I can live with it on my table.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 14th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I can say that re-painting does not scare people like the word paint does. I have made my own Spawn, Martian Manhunter, Maalefak, Dekay Drazz, Fin Fang Foom, and others, all of which are modded Heroclix. All are at least repainted, however I put off that for the longest because I'm not an artist. I was afraid to screw them up. But ultimately I decided to be simple. No wash, no drybrushing, just simple 4 color goodness. Is it beautiful like what you can find in Soundwarp's Threads? No, but I can live with it on my table.
I sympathise - painting scared me for a long time - but really, it's not hard to teach yourself how. I actually found repainting an excellent 'training ground' of sorts (I have several excess Classicscape figures I repainted over a few weeks just for fun when I was gaining confidence) since they're more clearly defined, but once you've got that down, going into fully painting really isn't a big deal. Oh, and washing and drybrushing? Seriously, some of the simplest, easiest, most fun techniques to use that make a massive difference. I find those much easier than just staying in the lines. I fully encourage anyone to give it a try - I'm wasn't an artist at all either (I'm still not much of one either) but I love painting miniatures now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 14th, 2018, 05:53 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I did start with modding and painting Classic. I turned an extra Tandros into Tyr to match my Odin and Heimdall from Classic Tarns.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old March 14th, 2018, 06:05 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Like LO said, dry brushing and washing are very simple techniques that make mini painting easier rather than more difficult. If you are already painting minis, give them a try. You'll be surprised at how easy they are to do and how much they do to your mini. Dry brushing makes details pop out with little effort while washing adds shading without much effort.
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That paint line will all but KO the possibility of a Lawmaster.
If I cannot design a Lawmaster based on this alone, I am not going to continue with Judges. The Lawmaster is the final prize in the faction.
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:46 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That paint line will all but KO the possibility of a Lawmaster.
If I cannot design a Lawmaster based on this alone, I am not going to continue with Judges. The Lawmaster is the final prize in the faction.
I don't think that is what is being said. Quite the contrary.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 14th, 2018, 10:16 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Painting doesn't bother me. We have some figures that are straight-up mods... I strongly discourage people using anything that requires any effort on the player's part beyond throwing a Clix on the battlefield, personally, and it's not something I personally would be LDing.

I guess I'd prefer we stick to plastic, though. Metal has such a different aesthetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There's an off-chance I could convince myself to do one in the summer once kiddo's in preschool (so first week of July or so). But I'm not sure I could commit to the long haul if it takes a while, as I'll be heading back to ft work in the third or fourth week of August.
The fact that Bat-Baby is older enough for preschool is dizzying to me. Like, what? How long have I been here? Bats retired like six months ago, right? The math doesn't work!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape