Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 30th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Wildcat (Design Phase)

Was confused until you spelled it out. I think you left out an 'adjacent to Wildcat' clause in the first line of Fight Coach. I could not understand what the second line did.

Looks cool.

FIGHT COACH
While Wildcat is unengaged, adjacent friendly figures without the Super Strength special power may re-roll any blanks rolled when attacking an adjacent figure. Crime Fighters and Fighters within 3 clear sight spaces of Wildcat are affected by Fight Coach.
Old June 30th, 2018, 07:07 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Your mention didn't actually ping me, might want to remention the rest of the CRB in case it didn't work for them either.

Anyway, I don't really see anything competitively concerning but I feel the wording needs to be tightened up quite a bit. Like is Fight Coach supposed to work on Crime Fighters with Super Strength? Does it let enemy Fighters re-roll blanks? The last line just doesn't work to me, it's just kinda vague and confusing. I feel it needs to be spelled out more clearly, like with bullet points or something. Something like:

When a friendly figure without the Super Strength special power attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if Wildcat is not engaged and that friendly figure is:
*Adjacent to Wildcat; or
*A Crime Fighter or Fighter within 3 clear sight spaces of Wildcat,
Then that friendly figure may re-roll any blanks in their attack roll once.

Rope-A-Dope seems very odd mechanically right now. Like is it somehow supposed to not be boostable even though it is apparently a normal attack? I would hope so. If they can't defend against it anyway, why not just make it an unblockable attack die/dice power? That's slightly more powerful in certain situations, but it feels a lot cleaner mechanically.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 30th, 2018, 09:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Your mention didn't actually ping me, might want to remention the rest of the CRB in case it didn't work for them either.

Anyway, I don't really see anything competitively concerning but I feel the wording needs to be tightened up quite a bit. Like is Fight Coach supposed to work on Crime Fighters with Super Strength? Does it let enemy Fighters re-roll blanks? The last line just doesn't work to me, it's just kinda vague and confusing. I feel it needs to be spelled out more clearly, like with bullet points or something. Something like:

When a friendly figure without the Super Strength special power attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, if Wildcat is not engaged and that friendly figure is:
*Adjacent to Wildcat; or
*A Crime Fighter or Fighter within 3 clear sight spaces of Wildcat,
Then that friendly figure may re-roll any blanks in their attack roll once.

Rope-A-Dope seems very odd mechanically right now. Like is it somehow supposed to not be boostable even though it is apparently a normal attack? I would hope so. If they can't defend against it anyway, why not just make it an unblockable attack die/dice power? That's slightly more powerful in certain situations, but it feels a lot cleaner mechanically.
Rope A Dope isn't an attack...It's essentia!!y a conditional counter attack..if he's attacked but does not receive a sound he gets to roll an u unlockable against the attacker.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 30th, 2018, 09:02 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Pretty sure Soundwarp meant the Ol 1-2 there, not Rope a Dope.
Old June 30th, 2018, 09:03 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, sorry I meant the thing that happens on his turn that used to be called rope-a-dope, not the new sort-a-counter-strike one.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 1st, 2018, 12:09 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Thanks for the input! You are right that the wording definitely needs a lot of polishing. The intent for the powers is that Fight Coach works on all adjacent figures without SS, and all Crime Fighters and Fighters within 3 spaces without SS. The intent of Rope-A-Dope is that the first attack could be boosted, but the second attack of 2 could not. Switching that to 2 unblockable attack dice could work nicely, however it would prevent a lot of figures from using defensive powers, which I'm not sure I love.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 1st, 2018, 10:33 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth - Wildcat's iconic students are Black Canary and Batman, so while I do like the thematic mirror of Crime Fighter, I do think Vigilante is more important. Other students that I've found are Barbara Gordon, Catwoman, and... well, Superman. So Vigilante gets us two out of three there.
Old July 1st, 2018, 11:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The rich get richer.

Boosting Vigilantes is going to drive his cost considerably. It is already one of the strongest factions in C3G.
Old July 1st, 2018, 01:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It's the Batman effect, he was such a popular character for DC that he they tried to connect everyone to him they could. I don't have a problem adding new vigilante synergy from time to time, but I'd rather not do it here as he has already trained Black Canary & Batman and that training is reflected in those cards stats and powers. As I said before, if you want him to be actively training/teaching someone during the battle then he should be doing so with the lesser trained to begin with characters rather than the proven battle tested veterans. Sidekicks, Rookies, and/or Students would be good characters for him to try and give a pointer to here and there mid-battle.
Old July 1st, 2018, 11:46 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'd be happy replacing Crime Fighters with Rookies and Students, or maybe Sidekicks. I agree with the sentiments mainly expressed in Last Chance Workshop about Vigilantes, but I have similar faction power concerns with Sidekicks. When I think of a Sidekick army, I'm not sure I would ever think of an old guy in the background giving pointers. There are 6 Rookies rights now, not sure about Students.

I feel pretty strongly about keeping the Fighter synergy there. All things considered, Fighters makes the most thematic sense to me. Even the most experienced fighter trains with others.

I'll give some breathing room until morning, then put him up for an Initial vote. Not quite sure when I'll be able to get to it, but I don't start my new job for another week or so, so if I managed to get settled well it's a strong possibility.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 1st, 2018, 11:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Honestly, I'd consider dropping the class call-outs altogether. I think the power works pretty well without the extra range for ______ figures.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 09:52 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I'd be happy replacing Crime Fighters with Rookies and Students, or maybe Sidekicks. I agree with the sentiments mainly expressed in Last Chance Workshop about Vigilantes, but I have similar faction power concerns with Sidekicks. When I think of a Sidekick army, I'm not sure I would ever think of an old guy in the background giving pointers. There are 6 Rookies rights now, not sure about Students.

I feel pretty strongly about keeping the Fighter synergy there. All things considered, Fighters makes the most thematic sense to me. Even the most experienced fighter trains with others.

I'll give some breathing room until morning, then put him up for an Initial vote. Not quite sure when I'll be able to get to it, but I don't start my new job for another week or so, so if I managed to get settled well it's a strong possibility.
I'd make it Rookies, Fighters and Protegees.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library