Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old May 6th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
The Scroll of Desecrated Mine

COMPETITIVE MAP
By R˙chean

Download, Online Game Link
Required sets:SotM, BftU, RttFF

Map Bio -
Only the fossilized remains of a once mighty Hive are left to mark Utgar’s subterranean attack. The Hive was unleashed through a underground breach powering forth into the Dwarven Mines and Dungeons leaving behind only death and destruction. The attack left the mines unstable for any further excavation and compromised the dwarven stronghold leaving it in ruins.

Reviews-
•Tiranx

TREX
This is a map that will be great with or without glyphs. Most of the map is used even without glyphs. Its balanced, you get into the action quickly. The road bonus helps out melee. Ranged figures still have to navigate their shots past the line of sight blockers. Its actually one of my favorites out of all that I've played.

Sir Heroscape
It's balanced, fun...very competitive. Great backstory, great look, great play. Very well balanced at first glance and playtesting proved that as well. Glyphs are well placed 2 turns away from the majority of figures. LOS blockers are well placed. and good variety of elevation. Overall, the whole map was used, and every aspect seemed to come into play. The only beef I have is that I tended to start all my games on the right side where the 24hex is positioned in the startzone. It's a little easier to develop the majority of my army from that side and so I tended to move troops up through that way before then spreading the map. Maybe that's just me, but that's maybe one minor flaw I saw. The Roadways could potentially lend themselves to become major choke points as it will only take 2-3 rats or other lock-down units to block the way, so that's a concern...but it seems to be well enough offset by the high ground option around the tree and near the glyph. Games flow well.

Biggabullfrog
An excellent map. I really like that the highest points on the map are scattered, making it so that there is no one central power spot. The shadow is also well-placed, allowing units to contest high ground that would otherwise be too difficult to gain. The road works well too. My only nitpick is the one really really low shadow space next to the hive - it becomes a kind of blank space because there's not really a reason to go down there in a normal game, but that's a small nitpick that really doesn't detract from this map in the end. I'd definitely recommend this for tournament play anytime.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; August 21st, 2019 at 11:06 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla