Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old July 4th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Yours 4 Mine Custom Figure Contest!

Happy Independence day to everyone around the world! If the 4th Mass. hadn't kicked the 10th Foot out of our country, what little freedoms many of you enjoy today would not be possible, so I figure it's kind of a world Independence day (how Americentric of me, eh). What better way to celebrate the 4th of July than with a custom contest?

Hopefully people aren't too burned out from the "unofficial" promo contest to participate in this one. In my custom-making, I've acquired several duplicates of figures, so I figured I'd have a contest and let you win some of my customs!

Prizes:
Each of 5 winners get to pick 1 of the following:

Grot, The Mountain Troll w/card
Iron Wolves Set: Stalwart the Forge, Big Jim Slade and Titan w/cards
Black Harts set: Colossor, Brutus and Ripper w/cards
Make sure to visit my custom page to see bios on these guys!

If you're not into customs you can win one of these:
Wave 2 Militia and Wolves (4th Mass./Anubian Wolves)
Wave 5 Warriors and Soulborgs (WoA/Death Reavers)
Wave 5 Gladiators in the blister (Sparticus/Retiarius/Crixus)(I can also paint these up as Sons of Spartacus).

Rules:
1. One entry per person
2. Can be any custom you want that hasn't been in a contest before.
3. Custom must include a bio (see Judging, below).

Judging:
Judging will be in two phases: Bio and Card.

Bio: I (being a writer) will judge each bio and give it a score from 1-10. I will post each person's bio and score so if you don't want your score to be seen by others, don't enter the contest. I will judge each bio on grammar, word usage and how well your bio clarifies the figure's abilities (if they need to be) and how well the bio ties your figure(s) into the existing HS universe.

Card: I will post a poll and the general public will vote on which card they like the best. Your score in this phase will be based on the percentage of votes that you get multiplies by 2. So if you get 100% of the votes, you get 20 points (10x2) for this phase, 80%, 16 points, etc. with fractions rounded to the nearest whole number.

These two scores will be combined for the final score and determine the winners. The top five will receive prizes of their choice.

Note: This method of scoring will place slightly more emphasis on the bio, so make sure they're good!

Deadline:
You can post ideas and discuss them here for two weeks. PM me your final bio and card by Friday, July 17th! I plan to make the poll thread by July 20th. The poll will be open for 10 days and then the contest will end. Winners will be announced and scores posted by July 31st! Any questions? Then get customizing!

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; July 8th, 2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old July 4th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Yours 4 Mine Custom Contest!

Sounds awesome! Now I get to do one myself. Let's see...

(I'll add to this post when I have my entry).

Old July 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM

Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker Odin_Osgard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
These two scores will be combined for the final score and determine the winners. The top five will receive prizes of thier choice.
Wrong. Their.

Dund is just tricky, that's all.
Old July 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin_Osgard View Post
Quote:
These two scores will be combined for the final score and determine the winners. The top five will receive prizes of thier choice.
Wrong. Their.
Damn me! Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old July 4th, 2009, 09:22 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Couple things:

Should entries be posted or PMed?

Also, is there any kind of word goal to shoot for? It seems like it would be a good idea. How will you judge between a well written 100 words and a well written page?

When you say bio, do you mean more the the heroscape bios, which are more like a short descriptive story, or do you mean an actual biography, the characters history and stuff?

Are you sure you haven't slanted the contest to much towards the bio? Each bio has a potential for 10 points, while all the customs have 10 points between them. With only 15 or so entries, I don't see anyone getting more than 2-3 points tops on the poll.

Last edited by Mooseman; July 4th, 2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old July 5th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V.
PM me your final bio and card by Friday, July 17th!
Quoting myself. Insanity beckons...
When I say bio I mean Heroscape bio. The same bios you see in the Books of Heroscape. A Blurb or paragraph will suffice. Please don't write me a book, you'll be marked down for it.
I have slanted it a bit towards the bio. That was on purpose. 'Course I see your point. Perhaps I could double your card scores to make up for it?

EDIT: Added to rules, above.

Brandon

Last edited by The B.I.V.; July 6th, 2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:31 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Yours 4 Mine Custom Figure Contest!

Quote:
PM me your final bio and card by Friday, July 17th! I plan to have the bios done fairly quickly, then I will place the scores and make the poll thread by July 20th.
Maybe it was your intention all along and I'm misinterpreting it, but may I -just to be on the safe side- humbly suggest to keep the scoring on the bios secret until the public poll has closed.
Best to avoid any bias from the bios.
Old July 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
Quote:
PM me your final bio and card by Friday, July 17th! I plan to have the bios done fairly quickly, then I will place the scores and make the poll thread by July 20th.
Maybe it was your intention all along and I'm misinterpreting it, but may I -just to be on the safe side- humbly suggest to keep the scoring on the bios secret until the public poll has closed.
Best to avoid any bias from the bios.
Agreed. Rules amended.

Brandon

Old July 7th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Awsome!!!!!!! I'm in!!

I'm going to enter one of my newer units I made. It's going to be a Dwarf Hunter.

Exacly what are these:
Wave 6 Warriors and Soulborgs (WoA and Death Revs? Wave 5?)
Wave 6 Gladiators in the blister

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.

Last edited by iceman3317; July 7th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:17 AM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sound like he means wave 5.

Entry sent.
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sounds like a great idea, I'm definitely in. Quick question: what say you about Marvel-style customs? As in custom superheroes done in the Marvel style, but who aren't actually from Marvel or any other real comics?
Old July 8th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3317 View Post
Exacly what are these:
Wave 6 Warriors and Soulborgs (WoA and Death Revs? Wave 5?)
Wave 6 Gladiators in the blister
Mooseman is correct. Wave 5. Wariors of Ashra/Death Reavers and Glads (Spartacus, Retiarius and Crixus (no Nakitas)).

Fuzzie Fuzz, Super heroes are fine with me. Variety is the spice of life!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games