Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 13th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: LC's Customs-Glass Golem & Harbingers of Valkrill 12/12/

I really love the glass golem, LC, nice work. Great theme and looks so much fun to put on the battlefield.

The Harbingers are cool, similar to Minions but better at inflicting 1 wound. Can Rotting Touch be blocked by defense dice? The current language "one additional wound" makes it seem like figures must receive one wound to be affected by the power.
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:25 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I like the Glass Golem a lot, LC, and as usual I think you have a natural vision for implementing theme with powers for your chosen mini. Particularly so with the Harbingers of Valkrill, who only really have one power, which I humbly suggest simplifying as follows:
"Rotting Touch: If a Harbinger of Valkrill attacks a figure and does at least one damage, put one additional wound marker on that figure's card. Undead, Constructs, etc."

It's good to see you look in on us, LC!
Thanks for the input and encouragement, DS!
I definitely like the simplified approach but I am trying to work the mechanic so that it is a detriment for high defense figures. The way it works right now, the more defense dice you roll the greater the chance that Rotting Touch will trigger (it is kind of a counter to Raelin-boosts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I really love the glass golem, LC, nice work. Great theme and looks so much fun to put on the battlefield.

The Harbingers are cool, similar to Minions but better at inflicting 1 wound. Can Rotting Touch be blocked by defense dice? The current language "one additional wound" makes it seem like figures must receive one wound to be affected by the power.
Thanks, AV for the kind words!
As far as the wording goes, I thought that if I didn't put in the "additional" it would sound like the figure would receive only wound period. I see what you are saying though and open to any suggestions.

Thanks again guys!
Old December 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

It looks as though you gave the C3V some pretty major inspiration, my friend.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 14th, 2013, 07:51 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
of course, LC was an C3V Designer. And still a respected C3V Emeritus member

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 16th, 2013, 02:30 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great stuff Lc. Glad to see your still puuting out great customs my friend.
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
of course, LC was an C3V Designer. And still a respected C3V Emeritus member
It was my privilege to be a part of the project and such an incredible team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
Great stuff Lc. Glad to see your still putting out great customs my friend.
Thanks, jc. I certainly miss being as involved as I was once able to be.

The Clockwork reliquary is an intriguing figure from Pathfinders Battles. It definitely has a unique backstory that could be applied since it is a reliquary. Anyhow, i have been brainstorming some and have thoughts on it and would like to see what others think could be done with this thing.

I originally thought of making a single card with general specific abilities but then moved to a card for each general with those specific abilities. It is still a unique hero so you couldn't have one that follows Jandar in your army if you already have one that follows Ullar.

I used teekay's HS Color Theory to decide the various effects. Jandar and Einar have the same defense boost. Aquilla and Ullar have the same movement boost. Utgar and Valkrill have the same attack boost. Vydar is all by his lonesome with his range attack enhancement.

This is still just a brainstorm so feel free to critique the concept and offer your own ideas for this unique sculpt.

Thoughts?
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:43 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: LC's Customs-Clockwork Reliquary Brainstorm 12/19/13

Very cool idea! I love this figure (if only it weren't so expensive...) and what you have done with it. Making "flagbearers" (um, corpsebearers) for each General is inspired.

One question -- how is the "Revered" power work thematically? Presumably the CR would put the Hero's body inside, but the way this is worded the Hero could be 10 spaces away. Just wondering if you considered a "destroyed within range" or "move adjacent to destroyed figure" aspect.

OK one other idea -- the CR could take on the Personality (Relentless, Valiant, Disciplined, etc) of the Hero. Could make for some fun synergies, although I don't know how you'd word that.
Old December 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Cool idea. However, it seems like it would be better under just ONE general. Utgar, IMO.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Very cool idea! I love this figure (if only it weren't so expensive...) and what you have done with it. Making "flagbearers" (um, corpsebearers) for each General is inspired.

One question -- how is the "Revered" power work thematically? Presumably the CR would put the Hero's body inside, but the way this is worded the Hero could be 10 spaces away. Just wondering if you considered a "destroyed within range" or "move adjacent to destroyed figure" aspect.

OK one other idea -- the CR could take on the Personality (Relentless, Valiant, Disciplined, etc) of the Hero. Could make for some fun synergies, although I don't know how you'd word that.
Those are good thoughts, IshMEL. As far as destroyed figures adjacency, I had considered a "destroyed within X spaces of CR" but it got wordy and I decided to go with mechanic over theme this time for reasons of simplicity. However, I have been part of a design in which that concept was toyed with (destroyed figure adjacency) and would definitely revisit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Cool idea. However, it seems like it would be better under just ONE general. Utgar, IMO.
That would definitely keep it simple, which is a good thing. Would you allow it to affect only Utgar figures and make this guy purely an Utgar booster or have him affect all figures you control in said way?

Thanks for the input guys!
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Personally I really like the idea of being able to use the same figure to boost different armies this way.
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That would definitely keep it simple, which is a good thing. Would you allow it to affect only Utgar figures and make this guy purely an Utgar booster or have him affect all figures you control in said way?
I think it makes the most sense for him to subtract dice from opponent's figures. Scary skeleton in the glass case!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 3rd, 2018, 01:43 PM

Considering how rusty I am at playing and designing I am almost hesitant to post this, but here we go.

One thing that has got me back semi-actively playing scape is the fact that my two oldest sons are almost 12 and 9- great ages to really learn and play scape.

After introducing them to the game they wanted to play with some of my creations. We fielded the Glass Golem (which was one of the last units I designed) and a new unit- Scarecrow.

I can’t rightly say that I play tested them. It was more of just having fun with my boys. However, they have seen some action on the battlefield that was helpful to me as far as tweaking some things.

First, Scarecrow…

The idea behind his theme, abilities, stats:

7 life: You can whale on a scarecrow and ultimately do little damage. Until you totally de-stuff it, it is still a scarecrow (dropped from 8 life after playing).

Attack and Defense 2: Scarecrows don’t attack or fight back- Straw man Argument. Their purpose is preventative, not offensive or defensive.

Quote:
Impervious: When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, this Scarecrow always adds 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled.
If you shoot or stab or slice a scarecrow you don’t necessarily really do much catastrophic damage.

I went with a defensive special ability in order to maintain a thematic low defense stat but with a thematic defense mechanism to show that while not great on defense it still took a lot to actually catastrophically harm the scarecrow.

I tried “When rolling defense for this Scarecrow, if you roll at least one shield he will receive no more than one wound from the attack”, but with low defense he receives a wound on almost every attack limiting his longevity.

Quote:
Stuffing: At the end of each round, if this Scarecrow is on a grass space you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-9 nothing happens. If you roll 10-15 you may remove 1 wound marker from this card. If you roll 16-19 you may remove up to 2 wound markers from this card. If you roll a 20 you may remove all wound markers from this card.
If it is damaged, you simply have to stuff it again for it be at its fullness again.

I never rolled a 20

Quote:
Petrifying Aura: All enemy figures within 2 clear spaces of Scarecrow roll 1 less defense die. Any enemy figure that begins its turn within 2 clear spaces of Scarecrow must roll the 20-sided die before moving. If they roll a 7 or less, they may not move this turn.
It is a preventative ability sticking with the preventative purpose of scarecrows. I originally tried a 9 or less on d20 roll but it seemed a little hard on melee units who were already down 1 defense die so I changed it 7- not quite as potent/reliable but still useful.

Petrifying Aura was originally 3 clear sight spaces, but with uncommon hero status, fielding two of these created a movement and defensive penalty zone potentially 14 spaces wide and seven spaces deep- a veritable killing field. If I change him to unique I may take Petrifying Aura back up to 3 clear sight spaces.

8 life, 2 defense, auto-shield, and Stuffing all worked together to give it an average life expectancy of 3-4 rounds (of course, developing all this “data” from only 3 games is iffy to say the least). I arbitrarily dropped him down to 7 life just because looking at the card itself, 8 life seemed excessive; no real reason other than that.

I played them 4 spaces in front of main range pod, with a few shooters within 2-3 spaces. I will probably change him to unique hero. Played as a “wall unit” of sorts to protect ranged units. Petrifying Aura slowed melee down and made them weaker as range pods picked them off. Having a wall of “wall units” seemed to be too much of an advantage to units that already have an advantage.

Ultimately, while I like this unit and feel it is really thematic, it may simply give too much of an advantage to range pods, who don’t necessarily need the help, which means it is a unit that may either serve an ill purpose, or no purpose at all.

I am posting two units at once (shame on me )since she has previously been a topic of discussion here.

I will just say Glass Golem seemed to play wonderfully as she is. Point wise she could be tweaked some maybe. She seemed to earn her points consistently, but not every time. With Shatter Point she fell to turtled range pods (of course) without being able to use Shards (of course I was blindly charging her into battle so my strategy wasn’t exactly sound). However, when she was able to plant herself in a melee or range pod, with double attack and Shards she often went down in a blaze of glory (and yes, I did shoot her once myself to activate Shards- it was a wickedly awesome spectacle, even if I did feel a little guilty destroying my own unit- it is just a game, why should I feel guilty). Anyhow, after a few playtests I am pretty comfortable with her, but am open to critiques.

Let me know if you have any critiques. Thanks for looking!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards