Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old October 21st, 2011, 08:24 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The HelmAverse REINFORCEMENT PACKS

Awesome (as always) ... and you pulled it off without me having to break out the camera.

But that dumbo Matt Helm made a rookie typo mistake and left the colons in the Special attack (i.e. "Range: Special. Attack: 4.").

The next time you're completely bored down under, could you hide my bluder and delete out those colons? I don't plan on printing for a week or two based on my main computer room being out of action.

* Note to davidlhsl - Don't print her up yet... wait for the colons to go bye bye. And also, I think I've got the wording down on both powers but being out of practice I may have missed something. You may want to wait until the scrutinizing eyes of this great site look it over. I've been known to flub a power or two in my day. But when the day comes that you may want to play her, you might consider giving her Green Arrow to pair with. Hopefully I've strategized a little fun with the two of them while avoiding any reliance on each other.
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: The HelmAverse REINFORCEMENT PACKS - Black Canary (A3n A

Hmmm, Black Canary + Green Arrow = 300 points. Nice! I've played Green Arrow in a couple of games, and he's fun.

So I guess I'll wait until A3n cleans out your colons.

Oh, I am sooooo naughty, I might get coal in my stocking this Christmas!
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Funny that you mention Coal for Christmas. 2 years ago I told my kids that instead of coal, Santa brings naughty people Moxie for Christmas. New Englanders (especially Mainers know what I'm talking about). For the rest of the country, Moxie is a soda that has been around as long as Coca-cola but regionalized to the point where it is tough to find outside of northern New England. It has quite the unique taste and if I could explain it to you, I'd say it was the Burt's Beer of soft drinks. I try to get some when I can and then force house guests to taste it before I'll give them an alcoholoic beverage. The reactions to the after taste are priceless.

Anyway, I told the kids that if Santa is not happy, he would bring them Moxie. Low and behold on Christmas morning, there was a huge wrapped box in front of all of the other presents and it had my name on it. Baffled and confused, I asked the kids if they could hold out on opening their presents because obviously Santa wanted me to get this one first. They were on the floor rolling with laughter when they ripped the paper to find 2 twelve packs of Moxie for their prankster Dad to rethink all of the jokes he plays on them. It was awesome.

By the way, Ted Williams was the spokesman for the soda and you can still find some retro reprint signs with him promoting the stuff. It's also the reason why we have the word "moxie" in our vocabulary (i.e. "Mark Sanchez may not have all the talent, but he sure has moxie").

Edit: And if I really want my colon cleaned, I go for the Burt's. Nothing says laxative like a luke warm glass of Burt's (or Moxie).
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Colons cleaned & ready for use (once photobuckets cache is refreshed )
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:52 PM
Captain Underpants

Wow, that was fast. I didn't feel a thing.
Old October 21st, 2011, 10:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just as I always knew about you, Matty boy - you've got Moxie!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Captain Underpants

I don't know what is wrong with me but I seem to be on a roll with ideas... it may be a stale/moldy roll, but a roll nonetheless. Maybe I'm feeling it for the ladies or something because the minute I finalized the Canary, the final touches on Hellboy's girl, Liz Sherman, flowed out of me... or ignited out of me.
---------------------------------------
LIZ SHERMAN

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
AGENT
TORMENTED
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 4
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 4

PYROKINETIC DEFENSE AURA
All figures you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Liz Sherman add 1 to their defense dice. Liz Sherman's Pyrokinetic Defense Aura does not affect Liz Sherman.

SPONTANEOUS CUMBUSTION
At the end of each round, if there are any revealed or unrevealed Order Markers on this card roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-17, nothing happens. If you roll an 18-19, all figures adjacent to Liz Sherman receive 1 wound. If you roll a 20, all figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Liz Sherman receive 2 wounds. Liz Sherman is not affected by Spontaneous Combustion.

-------------------------------

I'll leave the art decisions up to A3n but I'm thinking maybe the border should be black like her uniform and the banner orange taken from her flames. I only suggest this rather than just the opposite because the black will represent her melancholy nature well. Besides, I'm sure a background for her will likely have some bright colors that would go with that colour scheme well.

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 22nd, 2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

SPONTANEOUS CUMBUSTION - don't you think figures with Lava Resistance should not be affected?

Also, a Raelin Defense boost? Really?
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:16 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
SPONTANEOUS CUMBUSTION - don't you think figures with Lava Resistance should not be affected?

Also, a Raelin Defense boost? Really?
No... No I don't. I'm not a big fan of applying Lava Resitance to flame powers. Brunak and the Obsidian Guards can still be hurt by Mimring or Moltenclaw. I can rationalize if I want to and say that the kintic energy alone (regardless of the heat) causes wounds.

As for the Raelin boost... why not? I've got to have a playable reason to keep Liz Sherman in Army with Hellboy or any other Superhero and what better way than to have her as defensive support... with a risk (I'm sure all men sometimes feel that way about their women ).
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Mystic dragon flame is a bit different from normal fire IMO, and I know that is how the official game designers felt when they made the Fire Elemental, but w/e.

I guess I just don't see "fire whirling around" as "all of my allies now defend better against attacks". It just doesn't work for me, but that is OK too.

Just trying to offer a different point of view from a unimportant/uninvested guy who merely floats through the Helmverse once in a while.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:24 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I don't get the Defense Aura, but I like the Spontaneous Combustion. That's a threat to friends and foes.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:32 AM
Captain Underpants

Well here's what I was thinking on the defensive aura. Liz has total control of flames. She can also generate a power shield for herself out of the energy (from what I understand). Now between the possibility of extending that shield, hiding hit zones behind flames/smoke/rising hot air (haven't you ever noticed how different and wiggly things look when you peer at them through fire/heat), and the general factor of just being damn scary and distracting, I kind of thought that she could easily provide defensive support for those around her. I know I would have difficulty hitting somebody near her from range and I would be less likely to even fight adjacent opponents well if flames are encirling around and inbetween us.

Now of course not being able to always control that power, she may over extend her ability and POW... we have spontaneous combustion.

I know it is all poetic license with the character but from a playability stand point, I think the theme can fit well enough.

Ha, ha... did I explain that one away well enough. anyone want to buy a bridge?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations