Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 6th, 2024, 01:30 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GTM HeroScape AoA Previews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Stop lurking and say hi, Renegades. Not all of us do social media!
Amen Discord is exhausting.
Old February 6th, 2024, 07:28 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

When I opened up the GTM and saw that logo, I almost lost it.

Yes there are editorial/grammar issues, yes there are questionable choices, yes there is gonna be some FOMO for OP prizes...

But dang it, we're getting more HeroScape! Very happy to get more info.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old February 6th, 2024, 07:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

A masterset, a two player expansion and a terrain set, I think my wallet can handle that

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 6th, 2024, 08:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
When I opened up the GTM and saw that logo, I almost lost it.

Yes there are editorial/grammar issues, yes there are questionable choices, yes there is gonna be some FOMO for OP prizes...

But dang it, we're getting more HeroScape! Very happy to get more info.
You'll be able to buy those promo/ preoder figures at a later date. They are going to be free at first if you jump on them early. Renegade does this for the other games
Old February 6th, 2024, 09:11 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is everything that I hoped for. So pumped! I have 3 boys that are approaching the age (age of annihilation?) to play Heroscape. I can't wait!
Old February 7th, 2024, 12:44 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great stuff! Very curious what the GenCon presence will be like. Big display? Early product availability? Free promos?

The only potential hiccup is price point, which is as yet unknown. A set of old jungle trees regularly goes on ebay for over $100, but that's still not going to make $99.99 for the new ones look like a deal.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old February 7th, 2024, 01:16 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm reminded of an old Kickstarter where while the publisher couldn't duplicate "exclusive" components, they made different ones that served the same function, for those who had missed out on the original ones. I recall that the Haslab AOA trees and bushes, while designed differently, looked like they will serve the same purposes on the table.

Meanwhile as a part of my own unofficial AOA Revival Project last year (see the thread in my signature line) after the Haslab offering failed, I used castle walls and duplicated the set up in the Haslab layout photo as closely as possible for a couple of our games, using my own rules for the new upcoming "Illusory Walls,"--whose rules are yet to be specified--which my gang played with great satisfaction.

I wonder how "Wellspring Water" will work...
Old February 7th, 2024, 01:26 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
Great stuff! Very curious what the GenCon presence will be like. Big display? Early product availability? Free promos?

The only potential hiccup is price point, which is as yet unknown. A set of old jungle trees regularly goes on ebay for over $100, but that's still not going to make $99.99 for the new ones look like a deal.
It's not about what old scape sells for, it what other light skirmish games sell for. Not a lot of comparison here since D&D and path finder are just figs at the end of the day, whereas Warhammer, infinity and crisis protocall are more involved..

I'm curious which 30 figs are in the box. Hardly can wait.

Old February 7th, 2024, 02:14 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
It's not about what old scape sells for, it what other light skirmish games sell for.
Monster Fight Club sells prepainted trees with removeable tops (so they can be dead/winter trees or leafy/piney). Those sell at about $60 for a set of six on Amazon. Just for reference.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old February 7th, 2024, 02:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They've been signalling that they want to hit the "family" market (possibly the big box store family market, no less) rather than the "hardcore wargamer" market, so there's limited value in some of these comparisons (given they're pitched towards completely different markets, presumably).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 7th, 2024, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
They've been signalling that they want to hit the "family" market (possibly the big box store family market, no less) rather than the "hardcore wargamer" market, so there's limited value in some of these comparisons (given they're pitched towards completely different markets, presumably).
Yeah, it does seem like babies first Warhammer is what they are targeting and to be honest there really isn't any one occupying that niche.

Old February 7th, 2024, 07:52 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Yeah, no product I know has filled that niche since 2010.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News