Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 10th, 2014, 02:20 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 11/9

I've got to try that map.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 10th, 2014, 11:38 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
I feel like this would be a beautiful map to play my beloved Vipers - with potential for up to 13 movement (two move glyphs + warlord bonus) and an easy to grab attack glyph (for Vipers), the amount of mobility and offensive output the snakes would have would be terrifying, though not broken. Nothing with 0 defense dice could be broken, could it?
I think we had a game or two with vipers. Like any game with vipers it comes down to the frenzy frequency and timing, but they certainly seemed more threatening than usual. I had a blast playing them on it but lost the game.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
I feel like this would be a beautiful map to play my beloved Vipers - with potential for up to 13 movement (two move glyphs + warlord bonus) and an easy to grab attack glyph (for Vipers), the amount of mobility and offensive output the snakes would have would be terrifying, though not broken. Nothing with 0 defense dice could be broken, could it?
I think we had a game or two with vipers. Like any game with vipers it comes down to the frenzy frequency and timing, but they certainly seemed more threatening than usual. I had a blast playing them on it but lost the game.
MUAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by MegaSilver; November 10th, 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: I'd make sure to maximize the Vipers' use on that map! :D
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:19 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver
I'd make sure to maximize the Viper's use on that map!
You should try using more than one viper
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Grutsbane Pass looks pretty awesome, Dignan.

Whatever our next event is, I hope that one makes it into the pool. Kudos on yet another great map.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 13th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added to my collection, I am concerned about range + glyphs grabbers tho.

Old November 14th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Update 11/9

Here's a fresh map I've had on the table for some time. I decided to make a fully asymmetrical map. The goal was to make natural looking map without simply mirroring components for balance. I tried to make things even, but not achieved in the same manner. In the end, we've had a lot of fun playing on this and it's been real nice to look at on the table.

Map: Grutsbane Pass
Date Uploaded: 11/9/24
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF
It's been a long time since I've printed off a map that wasn't nominated to the BoV, Dignan. But you got me. I'll be putting this one on the table as soon as I get through my current BoV load (and survive this crazy fall semester...).

Looking forward to seeing what kind of gold you've brought us here. Thanks!
Old November 16th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This whole thread is a gold mine, there are so many maps in here I haven't played that look great. I look forward to trying out Grutsbane Pass... But I've currently got Sprawl set-up so it will have to wait.
Old November 25th, 2014, 03:11 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

I've always loved your maps, and Grutsbane pass definitely looks like a keeper. When I get to playing it, I'll let you know if we have any balance issues.
Old November 27th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Got in a game on Grutsbane. Very fun.

One thing I noted that seemed relevant was that the highest middle point for one team directly overlooks the center glyph, whereas the other team has to jog back and forth between their highest middle space and overwatching the center glyph. Not a huge thing, but some quick feedback.

Looking forward to some more games on it.
Old November 28th, 2014, 01:23 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Got in a game on Grutsbane. Very fun.

One thing I noted that seemed relevant was that the highest middle point for one team directly overlooks the center glyph, whereas the other team has to jog back and forth between their highest middle space and overwatching the center glyph. Not a huge thing, but some quick feedback.

Looking forward to some more games on it.
Thanks for the feedback. I made a note of that while building it. Originally I had the high point for the far side set back a little bit, but the map looked less dramatic. I left it as is for two reasons: First, both sides still have high ground on the glyph for range and melee combat. Second, I think that which side you prefer depends on the army. For ranged units, I actually prefer being on the near side. That way I can be on my highest spot without risking an easy engagement. For melee I prefer the far side as the high ground slows enemies down more.

In the games we played, I think I saw the far side get it's high ground overrun more often than the near, which seems counter-intuitive. Admittedly, the sample size of games we played is too small to make any definitive statements about balance. My gut feel was that either side seemed "fair enough". Meaning, I think that dice and player moves had a bigger impact on the outcome than the map.

But please give me more feedback on future games. Thanks!

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 29th, 2014, 11:18 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Grutsbane Pass looks beautiful, Dignan! Frankly, I can't build it...

However, I made an online version for it, here!

I should be getting a game on it later this morning with Ninja Status so I'll let you know how it goes!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios