Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old April 15th, 2010, 12:01 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Project Pokemon - Master Set Discussion

So, voting will start after midnight tonight? What's the composition of the list at this stage?

And what will our next order of business be?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:06 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Time to vote. We are voting on the content of the first Master Set we will produce. The list is:
Revised List of Master Set Pokemon v. 1.4
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, Wartortle, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Onix, Mankey, Primeape, Pikachu, Abra, Kadabra, Jynx, Magnemite, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Gastly, Scyther, Kangaskhan, Dratini

To cast your vote, please place your vote for Yes, as I have, in red beside your name. Please simply quote this post and the next, and the next, and so on. Voting continues until tomorrow at 12:01 am, or if we receive 10 votes. The next topic will be posted after the final voting is completed. Thanks.

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122
Xn F M
Warlord Alpha
Carakki
fiddlerjones
BiggaBullfrog
Sup3rS0n1c
NightSwipe
Creationist
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:13 AM

Carakki knows what's in an order marker Carakki knows what's in an order marker

Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, Wartortle, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Onix, Mankey, Primeape, Pikachu, Abra, Kadabra, Jynx, Magnemite, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Gastly, Scyther, Kangaskhan, Dratini

To cast your vote, please place your vote for Yes or No, as I have, in red beside your name. Please simply quote this post and the next, and the next, and so on. Voting continues until tomorrow at 12:01 am, or if we receive 10 votes. The next topic will be posted after the final voting is completed. Thanks.

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122
Xn F M
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones
BiggaBullfrog
Sup3rS0n1c
NightSwipe
Creationist
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief

Spoiler Alert!
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Time to vote. We are voting on the content of the first Master Set we will produce. The list is:

To cast your vote, please place your vote for Yes, as I have, in red beside your name. Please simply quote this post and the next, and the next, and so on. Voting continues until tomorrow at 12:01 am, or if we receive 10 votes. The next topic will be posted after the final voting is completed. Thanks.

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122 Yes
Xn F M
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones
BiggaBullfrog
Sup3rS0n1c
NightSwipe
Creationist
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief

Side note: SCORE!
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Last edited by mac122; April 15th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:59 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122 Yes
Xn F M Yes
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones
BiggaBullfrog
Sup3rS0n1c
NightSwipe
Creationist
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief

3:1

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

To cast your vote, please place your vote for Yes or No, as I have, in red beside your name. Please simply quote this post and the next, and the next, and so on. Voting continues until tomorrow at 12:01 am, or if we receive 10 votes. The next topic will be posted after the final voting is completed. Thanks.

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122 Yes
Xn F M Yes
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones
BiggaBullfrog No
Sup3rS0n1c
NightSwipe
Creationist
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief

Like Carakki, the list feels more like someone just threw Pokemon together, hoping to get all the types represented. To me, it doesn't represent the feel this set, being the Master Set, should feel. Also, most of the Pokemon are all about the same strength. Abra is the only low cost figure, and we don't really have any high cost Pokemon. I think we can come up with a better base than this.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:12 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122 Yes
Xn F M Yes
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones Yes
BiggaBullfrog No
Sup3rS0n1c
NightSwipe
Creationist
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief

I disagree that there isn't enough variation in the strength levels of the pokemon. For one, that's up to us as designers. I feel like this is a pretty good cross-section of available pokemon to get us off to a good start. Really the only restrictions on how strong a pokemon can be are what evolutionary stage it is; within that general framework each individual designer can make it as strong or weak as he wants. This has the potential for a strong master set.

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:28 AM

jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby! jwindjackal rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon - Master Set Vote

why does everyone think abra is a low cost one? After all abra totally kicked pickachu's butt in that episode with the creepy psychic trainer....
Old April 15th, 2010, 06:02 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122 Yes
Xn F M Yes
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones
BiggaBullfrog
Sup3rS0n1c
NightSwipe
Creationist Yes
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122 Yes
Xn F M Yes
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones Yes
BiggaBullfrog No
Sup3rS0n1c Yes
NightSwipe
Creationist Yes
minimoose38
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief

How is this a weak set of figures? We have a lot of growth potential from this pack. We can also have our card templates hammered out in this set, as well as get our mechanics in and have a few campaigns made to test and finte-tune several of our concepts. Though I think evolution will currently be a little limited, I think this set of Pokemon is better than just taking six different Pokemon with two evolutions and throwing them in a pack; everyone would just want to stick with the six highest evolutions, and then we would have twelve obsolete Pokemon. I think that this list will help prevent, or at the very least, delay, that from happening.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)

Last edited by Sup3rS0n1c; April 15th, 2010 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Fixed templates, added comments
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:42 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post

Wulfhunter667 Yes
mac122 Yes
Xn F M Yes
Warlord Alpha
Carakki No
fiddlerjones Yes
BiggaBullfrog No
Sup3rS0n1c Yes
NightSwipe
Creationist Yes
minimoose38 No
Takanuva
Vilsara
chief

How is this a weak set of figures? We have a lot of growth potential from this pack. We can also have our card templates hammered out in this set, as well as get our mechanics in and have a few campaigns made to test and finte-tune several of our concepts. Though I think evolution will currently be a little limited, I think this set of Pokemon is better than just taking six different Pokemon with two evolutions and throwing them in a pack; everyone would just want to stick with the six highest evolutions, and then we would have twelve obsolete Pokemon. I think that this list will help prevent, or at the very least, delay, that from happening.
While I would like to say 'Yes' to this list for the sake of progress, I am going to go with my gut feeling and say 'No'. I am guessing the majority will vote Yes and it will get passed anyways. I agree with what has been said that this is trying too much for type coverage when really it should be representing a well rounded roster of iconic, well known Pokemon. Supersonic's comment about everyone wanting to stick to the highest evolved forms and neglecting the rest, is kind of the general strategy in the Pokemon games. End game teams don't have underevolved pokemon on them because you were that desperate for type coverage or just because you like them.
That being said, I think because this is a Heroscape modeled expansion the 12 Pokemon in the masterset that wouldn't be fully evolved would not be obsolete just because they aren't as strong as their evolutions. Filler type units are always drafted to round off a well established army and there are plenty of low cost Heroscape characters that see plenty of action (Isamu and Marcu come to mind).

Besides including third stage forms (a futile battle I am done fighting) I think that everything that could evolve at least once( Magnemite, Pikachu, Dratini, Gastly) should have had one evolution in the set or not be in it at all. That is why I voted 'No'
Hopefully, the suggested new system of character choosing will be smoother than this.

Old April 15th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

A quick introduction: I've been following this thread since the beginning--I've been reading all the posts and considered becoming a Trainer. But I only starting playing Heroscape last Fall with my two sons, and I've only been accessing Heroscapers.com since December, so consider me an Ally for now.

I know you're in the middle of the vote on the Master Set, but I think some of the problems some of you have with the Master Set list is due to some rules that have not been set in stone. So some comments:

1) Remember that Heroscape figures are not chosen just because they are powerful but because they are costed well. If we make Pokemon who don't get picked, it is because we costed them wrong and did a bad job of playtesting them. Marro Warriors for 50 points is a bargain. Taelord for 180 points? It's up to us to cost them so they will be worth using.

2) In the Trading Card Game (unlike the video games), Pokemon MUST evolve during game play. Machop is needed to get to Machoke and to Machamp (unless you have special Trainer Cards). So taking Magikarp is necessary to get Gyrados. Because of that, they creators did not make the Magikarp card as weak as the video game. My son's Magikarp has 30HP, with Flail and Dragon Rage (which can do 60 damage if 2 out of 2 heads are rolled).

3) I know some of you are against evolving Pokemon during battles, but imagine this. Imagine you draft Magikarp for 20 points. It has 0 attack dice, no special attacks, and must remain on a water space. But it has Evolve special ability. Roll d20. On 19 or 20, Evolve Magikarp into Gyrados. 1 out of 10 times, Magikarp becomes a game changer. Would you draft it? In that case, Evolve becomes similar to Bolt of the Witherwood or Mindshackle. It's always in your opponents mind, even if it usually won't work.

In the same way, imagine your opponent's weak Abra teleporting around the battlefield trying to evolve into Kadabra! Can you take it out first?

I really think all of you are doing a great job on this forum. I like the direction you all are heading.
WK

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum