Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Wulfhunter's Customs UPDATE: 3 New Cards. YAY!!!

Here are a few Classic Scape customs I have made over the years...

Bio:
As a reward to dutiful service to Utgar's cause, Deathwalker 9000 promotes those Zettian Guards who show the most potential on the battlefields of Valhalla. The Zettian Honor Guard receive upgraded weaponry, increased mobility, and a sustained-flight jetpack, but at a cost of some of their heavy armor.
Spoiler Alert!

And now...

Bio:
Born from the Marro Hive and altered by exposure to the Ticalla Jungles, the Marrden Nagrub Den Mother stalks its enemies, waiting for the opportunity to strike, for each death it causes brings forth new life. The Marrden Nagrubs follow it into battle, awaiting the chance to fight alongside their newly spawned bretheren, and to sacrifice themselves for the glory of Utgar.
Spoiler Alert!

And now, one I'm particularly proud of...

Bio:
Ullar summons Eldapher Ashinym from the planet of Feylund to fight beside his elven bretheren. A mighty wizard on his home planet, Eldapher Ashinym brings with him his Golden Falcon companion and wields the mighty Scepter of Hesartia.
Spoiler Alert!

After a lil break, here are more customs, so....

Primadon War Ape

Bio: Not all of the Primadons from Alpha Prime are so quick to embrace technology. A few, such as the Primadon War Ape Brigades, still hold on to the old ways of brute force plus ignorance equals victory. Charging headlong into battle, the War ape is a sight to behold, cutting an explosive path of destruction through the ranks of enemy Soulborg.

Flame Snake

Bio: Born in the Volcarran Wastelands, raised in the fiery lava pits and weined on the lava fields of Valhalla, Flame Snakes roam the Wastes, seeking new prey. With its ability to spit poison, the Flame Snake is a deadly predator indeed.

Greenswood Warrior

Bio: The forces of the Elementals have long stayed neutral in the battle for all time. But as of late, more and more Elementals are seeing the folly of their elders ways. A few brave elements are willing to stand up to the tyranny of Utgar. The Greenswoods Warriors are one of the few Elementals to finally take a stand.

Army Ranger Sniper

Bio: Pulled from the ranks of WWII soldiers, the Army Ranger Snipers add a dangerous new component to Jandar's army. Silent, deadly, and able to strike from afar, Army Ranger Snipers are a force to be reckoned with.

Deathstalker Huntsbot

Bio: The Deathstalker Huntsbots are Utgar's attempt to reign in the wild packs of Deathstalkers that roam the battlefields of Valhalla. With the Deathstalker Huntbots in the lead, the enemies of Utgar will fall faster than ever.
Spoiler Alert!

Kanada

Bio:Summoned from afar to battle the rising tide of ninjas and assassins roaming the fields of Valhalla, Kanada delights in slaying terrifying opponents while surrounded by his valiant allies, a testiment to his devotion to Jandar. Using his abilities to slip nearly undetected acoss the battlefield, Kanada is a true force to be reckoned with.

And now, for the latest arrivals...
The Elemental Mages

Sotha Knoll

Fenrahg

Penterk

Adia Vaha

Update 12/26
Sir Pynrith

Sir Boramyr

And now for something completely different...
2nd Vermont Snipers

Last edited by wulfhunter667; December 27th, 2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Massive housecleaning
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Re: Wulfhunter's Customs

Firstly, a very cool custom figure that looks relatively simple to reproduce. Makes use of those spare Zet's and 9ks, I'm sure.

Now, the custom card itself. Full marks from me for the audacious simplicity.

That might seem like a veiled snipe - but not so. It's too easy to try and outdo the rest of the customscapers with a new fangled power (I'm as guilty as the rest); but you've started with the, pardon the pun, nuts and bolts of it....

So lets examine:

For 90 points a common hero 5/6/4/6 with flying.

Compared to the Dumuteff: 25 points 6/1/4/4 (potentially more) with an enhancement ability.

So is 65 more points worth flight and medium range? I don't think so. I'd bring this chap down closer to 40 myself.

Other than that I think he fills a small DW hole - his mobility kind of reminds me of WH40k Chaos Raptors...

I think he is a solid figure that could lose some points and MAYBE an attack point (4 with 6 range and flight is pretty powerful really, though I don't see this as much of an imbalance, as he's got DW disease, and is only one attack per marker....)

Basically a splendid first effort. Needs minor altercation IMO (doesn't mean go right ahead and do it, wait for some more comments before v2).

Rep+

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:30 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Well, you're right, spare DW9K and Zettian. Thanks for the card comment, although your card are by far significantly superior in every way. And I agree with the point cost. Wasn't sure about it at first, but then I use the Heroscape Card Creator with the auto-point calculator, which BTW had him at 100 before I dropped it. But I wholeheartly agree. If others feel it should be lower, then I would be happy to change it. Thanks for the input.
Wulf
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:47 PM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart

I like the unit but I will have to respectfully disagree with Euryon about the cost.
Any unit with flight AND range can be a force to be reckoned with.
To date the only HS flyers with ranged attacks are the dragons, and they all have lower defense and cost 150 or more. This unit has 6 defense and with its flight will almost always get height advantage. So you might as well say its attack is 5 and defense is 7. That's more dice than any dragon special attack.

I would use it as a squad killer. If someone with a high attack closes the distance or an enemy dragon gets an attack in, you may have wasted the 90 points.

It is a very situational unit. Id hold him back until the right moment.

I also think this unit should be a unique hero. I would not want to see a bunch of these flying around the board.

I think the designers are trying to keep flyers with ranged attacks to a minimum.

But it is a nice unit, I would draft it for 90.
Old June 10th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart

Fair points Majai.

It all depends on where you want to go, Wulf...

For a common hero, some stats need reducing, really. Drop move to 4, or attack to 2, or defence to 3 (considering flight will give it height +1's 90% of the time)

For a unique hero, he's much closer to the ballpark; but I think attack could drop down to 3 base or move to 4 (consider the warden enhances him too, as does DW9k I believe).

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old June 11th, 2008, 08:18 AM

Well, you have to consider this as well. Zettians normally have 4 move, 7 range, 2 attack, and 7 defense. I've reduced range and defense by 1 apiece, and increased move by 1 and attack by 2, plus added flying. Now, by looking at the point cost breakdown for two Zettians, if you drafted them as individuals, you would get 1L, 4M, 7R, 2A, and 7D for 35 points! If I continue along those lines and try to be fair about point costs, the figure above would draft at 50 points. That would be consistant with many of the official units already out there (Low point cost, high ability and specials). Anyone else like to share?
Wulf

Last edited by wulfhunter667; June 11th, 2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Wow, you've been busy.
Old June 20th, 2008, 12:25 AM

Re: Wulfhunter's Customs UPDATE: NEW CUSTOM FIGURE 6/20

Still looking for feedback. Someone? Anyone?
Wulf
Old July 19th, 2008, 10:48 AM

Re: Wulfhunter's Customs UPDATE: 5 NEW COMMON HEROES 7/19

After a lil break, here are more customs, so....

Primadon War Ape

Bio: Not all of the Primadons from Alpha Prime are so quick to embrace technology. A few, such as the Primadon War Ape Brigades, still hold on to the old ways of brute force plus ignorance equals victory. Charging headlong into battle, the War ape is a sight to behold, cutting an explosive path of destruction through the ranks of enemy Soulborg.

Flame Snake

Bio: Born in the Volcarran Wastelands, raised in the fiery lava pits and weined on the lava fields of Valhalla, Flame Snakes roam the Wastes, seeking new prey. With its ability to spit poison, the Flame Snake is a deadly predator indeed.

Greenswood Warrior

Bio: The forces of the Elementals have long stayed neutral in the battle for all time. But as of late, more and more Elementals are seeing the folly of their elders ways. A few brave elements are willing to stand up to the tyranny of Utgar. The Greenswoods Warriors are one of the few Elementals to finally take a stand.

Army Ranger Sniper

Bio: Pulled from the ranks of WWII soldiers, the Army Ranger Snipers add a dangerous new component to Jandar's army. Silent, deadly, and able to strike from afar, Army Ranger Snipers are a force to be reckoned with.

Deathstalker Huntsbot

Bio: The Deathstalker Huntsbots are Utgar's attempt to reign in the wild packs of Deathstalkers that roam the battlefields of Valhalla. With the Deathstalker Huntbots in the lead, the enemies of Utgar will fall faster than ever.
Spoiler Alert!

Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Wulfhunter667

Last edited by wulfhunter667; August 6th, 2010 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Housecleaning
Old July 19th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

In a desire to create more feedback in this forum for customs I will give you some myself in hopes that you'll return the favor.

I like ideas that reflect cohesion with the normal game so your creations are up my alley so to speak. I really like Eldapher as he is a great repaint/mod and has some creative ideas behind his design although it'd be really great if he was a Wizard so he had synergy with the new pieces.

The Zettian Honor Guard is seriously pumped up for stats, in fact I'd say he's undercosted simply for the ability to fly and a ranged attack. Such a combination is too strong for under 100 points.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:35 AM

The Zettian's point cost was intentional. Look at the number of new figures that have reduced point cost. The new 10-point ninjas, for example. Just my take on it.
Wulfhunter667
Old July 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM

Re: Wulfhunter's Customs UPDATE: NEW 10-PT NINJA!!!

Kanada

Bio:Summoned from afar to battle the rising tide of ninjas and assassins roaming the fields of Valhalla, Kanada delights in slaying terrifying opponents while surrounded by his valiant allies, a testiment to his devotion to Jandar. Using his abilities to slip nearly undetected acoss the battlefield, Kanada is a true force to be reckoned with.

Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Wulfhunter667

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards