Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 12th, 2008, 10:46 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Wulfhunter667's Hero Customs - ***100th Custom Posted!!!***

DCverse
Spoiler Alert!

Marvelverse
Spoiler Alert!

Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Lemme know something.
Thanks,
Wulf

Last edited by wulfhunter667; July 24th, 2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old June 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Re: Wulfhunter667's Hero Customs

cool,
not really into DC, (comics) but it looks pretty good and considering if it was an actuall character i would play him alot (just cause of the Teleknic Blast)

DeadEye
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:04 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Wulfhunter667's Hero Customs UPDATE: JUNE 29 FOUR NEW CA

Anyone care to comment?
Wulf
Old July 4th, 2008, 12:05 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

Sorry it has taken so long to pop in your thread. Welcome to the Super Hero custom community!!!

Good job with Gorilla Grodd.

I really like your Hail Storm ability for Weather Wizard.

Flash's Special Attacks get a little confusing because it seems that you could combine them within a single turn.

Hawkman; very simple. I like it.

With Emerald Empress you have a period after Army Card where you don't need one and you are missing a period at the end of the ability where you do need one.

...actually looking back over your cards, it looks like you have quite a few period/comma issues and capitalization issues. Remember to spellcheck and grammer check.

Dr. Fate's Mystic defense needs to be cleaned up a little, plus I think the +5 bonus needs to be toned down a little.
"...not moved or attacked..." I assume you are talking about a round as opposed to a single turn?

The only issue with your Waterbourne symbol is that you are severely limiting your customs usage with other custom makers' cards. It becomes much harder to mix and match custom cards when a certain creator uses "creator specific" terminology.

Keep up the good work.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old July 4th, 2008, 09:55 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

I like that you're being very explicit about the mystical nature of your customs, as Hawkman's special ability references mystical abilities. I've been trying to come up with a usable mechanic for Magik's Soulsword for about... a year now, and now feel the impetus to put something in writing!
Old July 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM

Re: Wulfhunter667's Hero Customs UPDATE: JULY 5... BATMAN!!!

Thanks for the feedback. Fixed the Empress card. I might change the Flash and Fate cards if it confuses too many people. The Waterborne symbol as well as the Superspeed symbol can be found here... http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19712. Guess I'm trying to start a revolution. Can't a guy dream big? But really, thanks for the positive feedback. Now, if only I could get one on the NM24-Process thread... (hint)...
Wulf
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:21 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

Black Manta looks good. With 6 defense dice, Cyborg Supe's "Impervious" may be a little daunting to his opponents, but it's hard to tell without playtesting. Cool ability, though!
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:14 AM

Impervious was written that way on purpose. That way, Superstrength actually means something. Just my opinion. I am probably going to rewrite the text on it though for "normal attacks" only. That way, at the very least, figures without Superstrength can attack with the possibility to do damage, ya know. Thoughts?
Wulf
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Perhaps a defense of 4 instead of 6 would be a good option. As it stands now, he has a 92% chance of rolling at least 1 shield.
Old July 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM

rwint1968 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Those DC mods are awesome wulfhunter667! I wish they'd come out with a DC base set, but I'm sure there's a licensing issue or something that's keeping that from happening.

Thanks,

rwint1968

Nightwing - Guardian of Bludhaven

Jesus loves Heroscape players too!
Old February 6th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I just took a look at Flash so I thought I'd offer some constructive criticism. (By the way, did you customize the minis? They look much better than normal Heroclix...)

Top Panel - "The Flash" needs to be centered. And the white text on yellow is hard to read. You may want to either use black text, or a different shade of yellow for the panel. It looks like you're using my templates, so you may want to try the Yellow-Orange panel. A3n suggested the color to me, and it's close to yellow but white text is more readable on it.

Left Box - looks good, except for the same white-on-yellow issue.

Stats - looks good. Defense 7 is a bit high for flash (compare to Silver Surfer, who is a cosmic entity). However, I could see Flash being very hard to hit, so it might work just fine.

Powers
"Hyper-Speed 5" - the period after the first "The Flash" should be a comma. The wording should probably be based off "Gain High Ground" on the Granite Guardians. It needs to specify any height restrictions.

"Quick Strike" - it's a special attack, so it should be called "Quick Strike Special Attack" in the title, not in the power text. The wording should probably be based off Kumiko's "Ninutsu Barrage Special Attack", since it's a very similar power.

"Rapid Fire Attack" - it's a special attack, so it should be called "Quick Strike Special Attack" in the title, not in the power text. Again, there's a period that should be a comma. You may want to base the wording off Kaemon Awa's "Quick Release Special Attack".

What does the "S" symbol at the bottom mean?
Old February 6th, 2010, 09:08 PM

You know what sucks? That is excellent commentary on the Flash card. The problem is, that's the OLD card I never deleted from the system. The NEW card, with updates and clearer rules is below.

(Image removed and updated)

BTW, the S at the bottom was an idea I had that didn't catch on. Like the Superstrength ability, Superspeed. Had one for Waterborne figures too. Oh well. And I agree about the coloring. Will think on it and change later. But here is the basic updated card. And the figure is a Clix. Flash from Justice League set. Best one ever.

Last edited by wulfhunter667; February 11th, 2010 at 09:10 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations