Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:30 PM

RedReVenge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
[Competitive] 10-0 with Arlinn (600 pts)

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time player and first time poster.

I recently picked up all three sets at my local shop for ~40 dollars. One of the first strategies that my buddy developed was Twinflame + Seize the Day + a Goblin creature. Essentially this little guy would wreck anything figure that he touches. This got me thinking. How can I exploit Twinflame for maximum damage output?

This led me to creating the following list:

Arlinn Kord, Goldnight Outcast [340]
Kessig Rangers [90]
Blazing Firecats [100]
Mad Prophet [70]

Spells:

Primeval Light [35]
Bountiful Harvest [15]
Titanic Growth [10]
Groundswell [10]
Snare the Skies [10]
Equestrian Skill [10]

Stubborn Resilience [30]
Senseless Rage [20]
Power of Fire [20]
Stroke of Flames [15]
Twinflame [15]
Chandra's Fury [10]

So far I am undefeated with this list. Here's the plan:

Basically we use Stroke of Flames / Chandra's Fury to buff Arlinn to 5 attacks. We use positioning and her obnoxious range to weaken threats. Along the way we can summon our Kessig Rangers for support. If our opponent chooses to engage Arlin, then we can resort to Twinflame + Titanic Growth + Kessig Rangers to destroy that target.

If Arlinn needs extra help, I can summon Firecats or Prophet for immediate damage output. If you don't like the Firecats you can always swap them for Goblins, however I found that having 4 defense and 2 life is better than having 3 life and 2 defense. This is because of the plethora of spells that automatically kill creatures.

I love Stubborn Resilience because once the Kessig squad is down to 1 model, that model becomes an absolute beast. Equestrian Skill is also extremely potent on the Rangers. This allows them to move out of LOS/Range after shooting. The cards that I'm currently testing are: Senseless Rage and Bountiful Harvest.

Lastly, what are the weaknesses to this list? What should I change? From what I've experienced, I believe this list is an absolute powerhouse. I can't even beat it when my friends pilot it!

Last edited by RedReVenge; January 3rd, 2017 at 05:43 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion