Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 20th, 2023, 09:49 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Rest in Peace TREX

RIP. You will be missed.

Old March 20th, 2023, 10:23 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saddened by the news. Trex was always generous with his time and talent. Thank you Trex!

Hug your loved ones.
Old March 20th, 2023, 11:47 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I just popped on tonight to catch up on what’s being posted by the community and saw this tragic news. How terribly sad to hear of his passing. My deepest condolences to his family. As others have mentioned he was way too young. This community will be lessened by his passing.
Old March 22nd, 2023, 04:31 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I saw the news in discord the other day and was (and still am) saddened by it. He was a great person that gave our community much to be thankful for. I will continue to treasure a dice tower I have that he made.

Does anyone know if he had a favorite charity we could make donations to in his memory?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 22nd, 2023, 04:49 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I'd been messaging with him on Facebook the day before he passed away. His health had been improving, so it was very unexpected. Pray especially for his wife and daughter.

We'd been keeping in touch often over Facebook messenger, and I considered him a good friend. I'm going to miss him.
Old March 24th, 2023, 12:28 AM

patzymur knows what's in an order marker patzymur knows what's in an order marker

I never met him. I read his obit. I read everyone's comments. I miss him. RIP.

Namaste,
'zymur
Old March 24th, 2023, 09:37 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

A tragedy. Reading this news was an emotional gut punch. I really liked Trex and thought of him as a kindred spirit here on Heroscapers. He seemed to really like the craft part of the hobby and freely shared what he'd learned. It wasn't too long ago we had a great conversation about doing different game system mashups. He truly seemed like a good person. I feel terrible for his family's loss.
Old March 25th, 2023, 02:48 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is sad. I didn't know TREX, and the only time we interacted was during the multiplayer map contest a few years back. The first place prize were some 3D printed miniatures and a dice bowl that I use every time we play board games. Such a skilled artist and a kind soul. I know his memory will live on with this community, and I'm lucky enough to have something to remember him by. Rest in peace.
Old March 25th, 2023, 09:15 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My condolences. Although I never knew TREX, I remember reading some of his posts and developing the impression that he was a purely positive influence on this community. Rest in peace.
Old March 26th, 2023, 01:31 AM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I’ve tried and failed enough times in conjuring words with the profundity to match the circumstance, that I began to fear I’d not find the voice to write anything at all. So, instead I’ll just say this: it was heartbreaking to learn about TREX’s passing. Though we never met in person, we spoke at length online over the years about everything from the game we all love, to what it meant to him to be a good father and husband. I will add a resounding echo to everyone’s recollection of his generosity; every time I bought or traded for something from him, there was always a surprise gift or five tucked in the box. I still treasure my Ullar dice tray, which those who’ve played against me know I use exclusively, and my squad of hand sculpted Shaolin Monks that he impeccably crafted from Green Stuff and painted to perfection. I know unequivocally that I am one of countless people TREX gave of himself to enrich their life. We always talked about sneaking in a game with each other in person on our travels one of these days, since we weren’t too many borders apart, and it still really hurts to think that our little pipe dream will never happen. I’ll have that beer I always said I owed you set aside for ya man.
Old March 29th, 2023, 09:56 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

Damn. I was talking to him last year about some customs and wanted to get back in touch with some other ideas. His contributions to the game were great and he will be missed. Glad he's in a better place free from the pain.
Old April 2nd, 2023, 02:10 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Would never have expected this. He was always such a great guy and positive influence to those around him. My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones…

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News