Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 29th, 2023, 02:23 PM
Scapecon 2021 Main Event Champion

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker
Carolina Order Marker 1: NHSD Tournament

Greetings!
Dust off those OMs and get excited for National Heroscape Day:
I am thrilled to announce Carolina Order Marker 1!

What? A 4-round, swiss, super-fun, National Heroscape Day, tournament. Each round will be 50 minutes.
When? October 28th from 12:30-5 PM. Map building will begin around 12. Check-in will begin around 12:30. First round will begin at 1 PM!
Where? An amazing local game store: Atomic Empire (3400 Westgate Dr #14b, Durham, NC 27707)
Cost? $10 (which will be used for prize support)

Format?
1. Point limit: 440
2. 18 Figure (24 Hex) Max (Airborne Elite and Rechets of Bogdan count towards Figure Number)
3. No Marvel, C3V, SoV, or Custom units allowed
4. Restricted List: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list (see below)
5. You may only field up to 3 sets of any ranged common unit on the restricted list.

Restricted List:
Deathreavers
Knights of Weston
Heavy Gruts
Greenscale Warriors
Axegrinders of the Burning Forge
4th Massachusetts Line (no more than 3 squads)
Marro Stingers (no more than 3 squads)
10th Regiment of Foot (no more than 3 squads)
Blastatrons (no more than 3 squads)
Krav Maga Agents
Marro Warriors
Raelin
Sir Gilbert
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Grimnak
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Fen Hydra
Nerak
Major Q9
Niflheim
Braxas
Zerig
Major Q10
Kaemon Awa
Me-Burq-Sa

Here is the link to the Army Builder for this tournament on Heroscape.org: https://heroscape.org/builder/tourna...Tournament=139
NOTE: THE HEROSCAPE.ORG ARMY BUILDER CANNOT ENFOCE #4 (the restricted list) OR #5 (the no more than 3 sets of any restricted ranged squad). PAY ATTENTION TO THIS WHEN USING THE BUILDER TO CONSTRUCT YOUR ARMY!

Maps:
  1. Bad Moon Rising by GameBear: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=3073 Being brought by MajorQ23
  2. Invasion by LongHeroscaper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16T-...YPTz49PPD/view Brought by MajorQ23
  3. August 2nd by BiggaBullfrog: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_xX...VUU7twSe1/view Being brought by MajorQ23
  4. Highways and Dieways by UranusPChicago: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ib...bDASSB_JS/view Being brought by @JustinHaze
  5. Aeon by Flash_19 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pda...Xt0psnPV_/view Being brought by @Mythic
  6. Battlefield 23 by Flash_19 being brought by @Mythic
  7. Percolator by Ulysses: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7_...L0Vac2IBb/view Being brought by @The Ninth Guardian
  8. Dry Season by Killometer https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=3609 brought by @Trivia Knight
  9. If needed: Common Ground by GameBear https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...o=file&id=1375

If people could help by bringing a map, that would be wonderful. Please post if you are planning on bringing a map, that way we can avoid duplicates.
Any map on the following list can be brought:
Glyphs:
Glyph of Dagmar: Initiative +8
Glyph of Valda: Move +2
Glyph of Lodin: D20 +1
Glyph of Ulaniva: Unique Attack +1
Glyph of Wannok: Wound

More Info:
If a game goes to time, we will use partial card scoring to determine the winner.
We will refer to OEAO's ScapeCon Rulings thread for some corner case rulings, which can be found here: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=59118
If two players are each 4-0 after the 4th round, there will be a final game to determine the champion.

Attendees:
Major Q23 (will be TOing)
  1. Trivia Knight
  2. Mythic
  3. Oliver Upshaw
  4. Hogg
  5. Gold1
  6. JustinHaze
  7. Scared Cultist
  8. The Ninth Guardian
  9. shaugville
  10. Son of shaugville
  11. Loki619
  12. Person Registered on Atomic Website #1
  13. Person Registered on Atomic Website #2
  14. Person Registered on Atomic Website #3
  15. Person Registered on Atomic Website #4
  16. Person Registered on Atomic Website #5
  17. Person Registered on Atomic Website #6

Follow this link to sign up: https://www.atomicempire.com/Store/Event/5352
Posting in this thread does not reserve your place in the tournament: registering + submitting payment on Atomic's Website reserves your spot.

Maybes:
  1. You?!?

If you need to borrow figures, please ask in this thread or message me directly. Reasonable proxies and 3D prints are welcomed. Please reach out if I can be of help in any way!

Shoutout to @Trivia Knight for making the trophy! Who goes home with the trophy is up to you all!

Don't cry because the tournament is over, smile because it happened

Last edited by Major Q23; October 27th, 2023 at 08:58 PM.
Old August 29th, 2023, 02:44 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Carolina Order Marker 1: NHSD Tournament

AWESOME!!!

Thanks @Major Q23 for taking over the reigns and making this happen!

I will be able to bring at least 2 maps and can either assistant-TO or participate based on how things shake out.

Just super excited to get this going in NC!!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old August 29th, 2023, 02:46 PM

Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker Major Q23 knows what's in an order marker

Pinging accounts that have been active on the North Carolina Scapers thread: @Hogg @Altron_ZERO @Mythic @JoutnFAN77 @Gold1 @Oliver Upshaw @crxcowboy @patzymur @noodles @xraine69 @Nogee Ef @Obsidiangaurd @Southwind @Aratrea @BloodyBaroness @Proclaimed @ImAMerc12176 @blackrayne1 @CronArmy

Please tag anybody that I missed! I need everybody's help to spread the word!

Old August 29th, 2023, 02:54 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

I think @Sir Heroscape has some family nearby... if you're in town, you could swing on by!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old August 29th, 2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
AWESOME!!!

Thanks @Major Q23 for taking over the reigns and making this happen!

I will be able to bring at least 2 maps and can either assistant-TO or participate based on how things shake out.

Just super excited to get this going in NC!!
Love the sound of this and happy to do so! Now let's get the Carolina Heroscape scene pOpIn!

Old August 29th, 2023, 03:16 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Yep! I've got 3 of my siblings and their families all in Greensboro. Not sure I'll be in town that weekend (nothing planned yet anyway)...but I'll mention it to some of them. They tend to come to tournaments only WITH me...but they may still show up on their own

EDIT: Also LOVE the announcement "flier". I think I'm going to have to do similar things for events I host. Simple, but effective...great work!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 29th, 2023, 04:07 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Let's go! This is sick man! Although I am sad that this means we'll likely see you and Trivia less up at MARS events lol

Excited to see another scene starting back up!

Last edited by gbizzy; August 29th, 2023 at 04:39 PM.
Old August 31st, 2023, 09:04 PM

JustinHaze is surprisingly tart

I think I may want to participate. I've never been to a tournament.
Old September 1st, 2023, 03:40 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

I should be able to make it.

When it comes to allowed units can Samuel Brown be used? That unit is in the Books of Heroscape and has a note from Grungebob that he is official even though only his card was released.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=33704

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old September 2nd, 2023, 09:29 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I'm in.
Old September 3rd, 2023, 12:59 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I make the drive from PA to Myrtle Beach about 4 times a year. Add me to the tag list for future events, even though the chances are slim.

Thanks!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old September 3rd, 2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Upshaw View Post
I should be able to make it.

When it comes to allowed units can Samuel Brown be used? That unit is in the Books of Heroscape and has a note from Grungebob that he is official even though only his card was released.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=33704
Certainly! Sam Brown is official!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day