Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 30th, 2023, 10:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

I love the power name, actually. And I have a simple suggestion for the wording of the power:
EINAR'S BOW OF HARMONY SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3 + Special.
When Amiwabu Archer attacks with Einar's Bow of Harmony Special Attack, add the Attack Value of one friendly, unengaged Squad Archer who is adjacent to Amiwabu Archer. The defending figure compares height to the lowest figure to determine any height advantage. Both figures must be in range and have a clear line of sight on the one target.
Others may disagree, but I think that the extra text is hurting more than it helps. The theme is right there on the card in a power that is otherwise pretty simple, and the slight disconnects you get - iffy line of sight; slight hypothetical range boost - are a fine reminder that it is a game and not a simulation.

You can fix the power at Range 6, thus limiting the (slight) potential for abuse.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 1st, 2023 at 12:43 PM.
Old October 1st, 2023, 12:29 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think D_S is right on both counts. The extra complexity isn't worth it and just cap the Range at 6.

I would offer one additional note. "...unengaged Squad Archer who is adjacent to..." should be "...unengaged Archer Squad figure adjacent to..."

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old October 2nd, 2023, 12:12 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you both for the helpful insights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I would offer one additional note. "...unengaged Squad Archer who is adjacent to..." should be "...unengaged Archer Squad figure adjacent to..."
Ah yes, this was one item I was specifically wanting input. Unengaged Squad Archer just didn't sound right to me.

Comparing this to the Death Knight clarifications, Tagawa Samurai Archers would not be eligible for the special attack since their class is Samurai. As a result, I propose the following:

Quote:
Range 6. Attack 3 + Special.
When Amiwabu Archer attacks with Einar's Bow of Harmony Special Attack, add the Attack number of one friendly, unengaged Archer Squad figure or Samurai Squad figure with a Range number of 4 or more adjacent to Amiwabu Archer.
Old October 2nd, 2023, 01:08 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Range 6. Attack 3 + Special.
When Amiwabu Archer attacks with Einar's Bow of Harmony Special Attack, add the Attack number of one friendly, unengaged Archer Squad figure or Samurai Squad figure with a Range number of 4 or more adjacent to Amiwabu Archer.
The words "number" and "value" are 100% interchangeable when referring to the Move, Range, Attack and Defense numbers printed on the card. So no need to change, but neither is wrong. Just one of the weird quirks of how this game was written.

You can simplify by removing the first instance of "Squad figure" and just apply the "with a range number of 4 or more" to the Archers as well. A bit redundant, since there aren't any archers with less than 6 range, but the wording is simpler.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old October 4th, 2023, 08:58 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you again for the assistance!
Old December 1st, 2023, 04:12 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi everyone,
Would love some help polishing this minor power for the Diorite Defender:

HEAVY STONE
Diorite Defender cannot be moved by any special power on any Army card.

Vydar and Scytale suggested adding a glyph clause. I think that would just look like this?

HEAVY STONE
Diorite Defender cannot be moved by any special power on any Army card or glyph.

I realize while writing this, though, that something like Shurrak's SA can move figures. It's my understanding that with the wording above, Shurrak would still be able to move Diorite. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that. And if I'm right, I would love a suggestion for another clause to add to lock out special attacks as well if necessary, as that's the intent.
Old December 1st, 2023, 04:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

special attacks are special powers, so shurrak could not knock him back.
Old December 1st, 2023, 04:42 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
special attacks are special powers, so shurrak could not knock him back.
I learn something new about the game every week!
Old December 1st, 2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
HEAVY STONE
Diorite Defender cannot be moved by any special power on any Army card or Glyph.
Two small edits.

And superfrog beat me to the other answer.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old December 1st, 2023, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
HEAVY STONE
Diorite Defender cannot be moved by any special power on any Army card or Glyph.
Two small edits.

And superfrog beat me to the other answer.
Thanks! Want to make it as professional as I can.
Old December 1st, 2023, 08:58 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Damn you guys are quick!

Thanks for sharing. I love a theme expressed so succinctly.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 3rd, 2023, 09:39 PM

I've got a hybrid rules/wording question. Is the last line in this ability necessary? It feels right to me, but Sherman Davies pointed out that it probably could be dropped. Wanted to check with people smarter than myself.

ROCK PILLARS
If there is a revealed Order Marker on an Elementar card you control, all friendly figures adjacent to Diorite Defender are considered to be 2 levels higher when rolling attack and defense dice. Rock Pillars does not affect Diorite Defender.

(And of course, if you spot any other wording issues in here please point them out. Thanks!)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards