Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which of these do you think is the best?
Nomratu 4 22.22%
Lasro 3 16.67%
Shrieking Gartuun 1 5.56%
Skinshade Tickler 2 11.11%
Jikininki Demon 6 33.33%
Ulixes 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 31st, 2016, 03:17 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thumbs up January Custom Contest Poll - CONGRATS NINJA STATUS

Well, here are the entries:
@IshMEL
Nomratu
Spoiler Alert!
@Good Pig
Lasro
Spoiler Alert!
@mtl1998
Shrieking Gartuun
Spoiler Alert!
@TheAverageFan
Skinshade Tickler
Spoiler Alert!

The winner: @Ninja Status
Jikininki Demon
Spoiler Alert!
@Lazy Orang
Ulixes
Spoiler Alert!

Remember, if you entered you cannot vote for your own entry.

Tips for Voting:
-This is a contest about which unit is the best, not which one is the most powerful
-Think about how well each unit fits in and works with classic 'Scape, but don't scrutinize over whether the points are off by a few
-Look at the reviews other people have made of each unit (such as the one @Maklar the Silver Prince posted)
-Think about both what type of unit it is, and how well executed it is, as both are important

All people on HeroScapers can vote too, whether or not you entered. Good luck!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; April 2nd, 2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: I put them in spoilers so they were easier to look through, I think
Old January 31st, 2016, 04:44 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: January Custom Contest Poll

Wow - 6 entries! Impressive turnout.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 31st, 2016, 05:02 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have yet to vote, but here are my thoughts:

Nomratu
I like the Theme of a little demon thingy here. I really like Tricky Advance and Tailwhip, I like the base stats here, though 4 defense seems a bit high, and I like a low point filler hero. I don't like Grasping Claws however. I'm not 100 percent sure what it does, or the Theme behind it doing whatever it does. Why not just make it be like a Coward's Reward?

Lasro
I was getting a Ted Nugent feel from this figure too.
Not much to say on this one, its an all round solid design. Although, Climb x2 seems a bit weird, when with its move of 7 it can only climb up 6 levels normally.

Shrieking Gartuun
I really like this one. It's very similar to what I was going to do in fact. It's probably a bit weak though, as it is slow, uncommon, and pretty squishy.

Skinshade Tickler
I really like the Grapple ability. I've seen it somewhere else, I just can't remember exactly where. I also like the use of Scale as opposed to Climb x2. However, Scuttle Sprint seems off to me. If it moves 7 spaces, does it even get to attack? I feel as though there is a more elegant way of implementing a power like that, but even if there isn't, I'm definitely not a big fan of Scuttle Sprint.

Jikininki Demon
Though extremely squishy, it adds a cheap, and potentially devastating special attack to an army, as well as a neat offensive trick. Though I'm a bit unsure on its balance, I like it.

Ulixes
I don't understand Ruthless Counter Strike. Skulls rolled by the opponent? Skulls rolled on your own dice, if you are rolling dice with both Skulls and Shields? I'm not too big a fan of this one.

Of these designs, I'm probably going to vote for Lasro, the Shrieking Gartuun, of the Jikininki Demon. They are all solid designs, each of their themes are well realized through special abilities, and they don't have any obvious issues in my book.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 31st, 2016, 05:19 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

I wish everyone luck, these designs look awesome!
Old January 31st, 2016, 07:12 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Good luck everyone! May the best, um, thing win!
Old January 31st, 2016, 09:43 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Nomratu
I don't like Grasping Claws however. I'm not 100 percent sure what it does, or the Theme behind it doing whatever it does. Why not just make it be like a Coward's Reward?
I think that the point of GC is to make it more likely to inflict a wound, but not inflict more wounds. Since he is a tricky unit and not a powerful one this makes thematical sense to me (who knew thematical isn't a word?). If you want to get all technical it raises the chance of him inflicting a wound from 50% to 75% (I think).

Quote:
Skinshade Tickler
However, Scuttle Sprint seems off to me. If it moves 7 spaces, does it even get to attack?
If it moves 7 spaces it does get to attack. I like this power, personally, but anything with scuttle in the name is great I think.
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Ulixes
I don't understand Ruthless Counter Strike. Skulls rolled by the opponent? Skulls rolled on your own dice, if you are rolling dice with both Skulls and Shields?
Not skulls rolled by the opponent. Any skulls rolled by the Ulixes on defense count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure, whether or not he actually blocked the attack (making it a pretty high chance that an adjacent attacking figure will take a wound).

I hope that cleared those up. Thanks for taking the time to look through them so thoroughly before voting. I'm sure you helped a few folks out with your analysis.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 31st, 2016, 10:03 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Not skulls rolled by the opponent. Any skulls rolled by the Ulixes on defense count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure, whether or not he actually blocked the attack (making it a pretty high chance that an adjacent attacking figure will take a wound).
Hmm, I guess I can see that. The way I see it though, it's saying "all skulls" as a collective of all dice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goonmonkey
I think that the point of GC is to make it more likely to inflict a wound, but not inflict more wounds. Since he is a tricky unit and not a powerful one this makes thematical sense to me (who knew thematical isn't a word?). If you want to get all technical it raises the chance of him inflicting a wound from 50% to 75% (I think).
The same thing could have been accomplished by allowing you to reroll all of his leaving engagement attacks, I believe.

There's nothing wrong with complex powers, in my personal opinion. However, I've always found that simplicity is better, so I'm particularly critical on points like the ones I pointed out, especially if I have to read the abilities several times to figure out what is going on.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old February 7th, 2016, 07:58 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Thanks for organizing this @Dr.Goomonkey , really fun seeing all the cool submissions.

Do you have plans to start up another contest?
Old February 7th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Thanks for organizing this @Dr.Goomonkey , really fun seeing all the cool submissions.

Hope so.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 7th, 2016, 08:05 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post

Hope so.
Same here. I'd like another shot at something like this.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old February 7th, 2016, 11:37 PM
On vacation...

I do plan on holding future contests. I might even make it a somewhat regular thing, if people keep everything.

Congratulations @Ninja Status for making the best ticklish demon.

I suspect the next contest will start up in March.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 7th, 2016, 11:42 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for organizing this. Was fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards