Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old November 26th, 2023, 10:23 PM

srd717 Woo who?
Re: OHS Season 54: Semifinals Until 11/26/23

Fun semi-final game with Grey Waves. He banned my Dreadguls. I chose Steamroller and he countered with Mantises and Stingers. Lots of offense on both sides with neither side's defense topping 25%. Unfortunately, his Stealth Armor didn't care about my 65% offense in the early game. His battle report is excellent and sum's it up very well but I think understates how well he played Mantises in the early game. He used the battlements really well to make it impossible for me to get 4 attacks off on any given turn without giving up height or Dual Strikes on the other end. Well played and a well deserved spot in the finals.

Overall, I really enjoyed this season. I thought the bring 2 strike 1 created interesting and competitive matchups in all 6 of my matches despite the fact that I mis-balanced my two armies. While I think on the surface Wolves/Morgoloth and Dreadguls/Jotun is decently close, Guilty and Marro Warriors in comparison to 2x Mezzos as fillers significantly shifts the matchup towards Dreadguls. As a result, Dreadguls got banned in 4 of my matchups and Jotun did not get nearly as much playing time as I would have hoped.

Highlight of the season: First time top 4 in a regular OHS season. (Semifinals in the VCheese 3 Bracket was also good but significantly helped out by a first round bye).

Lowlight of the season: Getting Jedi Mind-tricked by Dok which allowed him to trample stomp 6 heavies and put 3 wounds on Grimnak in a single turn lol.

Thanks to the OHS team for another fun event and can't wait for season 55!
Old November 27th, 2023, 02:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The Finals are on Orthoptera.

The grey waves (5-0) {8} v. chris perkins (5-1) {1} armies are:
Classic Steamroller
* Crixus, Marcu Esenwein, Spartacus, Capuan Gladiatorsx3
Marro and Mantises
* Marro Stingersx3, Red Mantis Blade Dancersx4
Defense
* Arktos, B-11 Resistance Corps, Brute Gruts, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Guilty McCreech, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Varkaanan Greyspears
Offense
* Estivara, Kira Jax, Quahon, Fyorlag Spidersx3, Wyvern
chris perkins chooses who picks first grey waves chooses who places first
Old November 29th, 2023, 08:52 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Classic Steamroller
Marro and Mantises
Defense
* Arktos, B-11 Resistance Corps, Brute Gruts, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Guilty McCreech, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Varkaanan Greyspears
Offense
Finals going down Wednesday Dec. 6th @ 8 pm Eastern.

Draft:
I chose to pick first.
Grey Waves chose to ban Defense.
I chose to pick Offense.
Grey Waves chose to pick Marro and Mantises.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; December 5th, 2023 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Game moved back 30 min
Old December 6th, 2023, 09:01 PM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Classic Steamroller
Marro and Mantises
Defense
Offense
Starting now!

Edit: Chris is finishing up a work call so should be starting in a few minutes instead

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old December 6th, 2023, 11:27 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 54: Championship Round

I got the win in finals for my 5th OHS title tonight behind some absurd dice that really didn't give Grey Waves much of a fighting chance in this one.

I had debated with myself for a long time on how to open in this game, with a few options / considerations.
  • Option 1 was sending the Wyvern to Valda on OM1, with then moving Estivara on OM2. The issue was there wasn't a great Estivara spot 7 moves away, as I wanted shadow/jungle to cover her for a possible stinger opening. I also didn't like this play if I won init, because it would give a ton of attacks down on Wyvern in Rd 1.
  • Option 2 was sending the Wyvern to Valda on OM1 and then taking 2 more turns with spiders where Quahon moves 14 spaces across the board to bash the SZ while (hopefully) taking the init glyph. This option is great if I lose Rd 1 init and not so great if I win it.
  • Option 3 (which I ended up going with) was slow-rolling out of my SZ quite a bit. This included Estivara OM1 to get forward a bit, then advancing Wyvern & Quahon 1 OM each while spider spread out. This is less good if Grey Waves open Stingers & wins init, because he might get some heighted shots on Quahon that way if they just rush forward (with Valda on OM2). But, having played into this army in Rd 4 (and watching a few other elimination games) I kinda thought Grey Waves would open Mantises, so I decided to go this route as I thought it was better/smoother into the Mantises opening regardless of whether I won init or not.
Rd 1 I go Estivara/Spider/Spider(Spider) & GWs goes all Mantises. I win init and move up Estivara. GW ends up developing the bulk of his Mantises over the round, rather than charging in with just a few. I advance some spiders and send Wyvern to height in a spot where he blocks the norther approach to my SZ and then send Quahon into the middle where she can threaten more of the board.

Rd 2 I go all Spiders & GWs goes all Mantises. I win init. Quahon advances and hits 3 Mantises with a 1/4 that still manages to kill 1. Spiders advance and take 1 attack from height, which misses. GWs misses the attack into Quahon (who had height) & an adjacent spider but kills the forward most spider. That was the only time GW got multiple attacks off from the same Mantis, as I was able to spread out more effectively to deny it after that. Quahon takes an LEA (miss) to bomb the SZ, killing 2 Stingers, while spiders spread out and engage some more Mantises. Mantises double-engage Quahon and do a few wounds. Quahon then sends a chain through one of those Mantises that goes 2/4 and ends up killing all 3 Mantises (2 with 5 defense) for a massive swing in my favor. GWs ends the round by double-engaging Quahon again and killing 1 spider. I took Dagmar on OM2 & Valda on OM3.

Rd 3 I go all Spiders & GWs switches to all Stingers. I win init, Quahon takes 2 LEAs, and kills 3 of the 4 Stingers in the middle SZ pod while a spider blocks in the 3 Stingers left in the top pod. GWs advances around and into water to get more shots off on Quahon, but fails the drain with a 3 to kill a Stinger and really sink the nail into the coffin. Quahon takes 1 more LEA (a stinger that had engaged her) (miss) to hit 2 Stingers + 1 Mantis in the top SZ pod, but rolls a 1/4 that all 3 block. Spiders come in to tie up the Stingers. 1 Stinger takes an LEA (hits), another attacks a spider, and the last one attacks up into Quahon (drain successful) but she blocks the 4v4. Quahon rolls another poor attack but kills 1 figure and spiders kill another Stinger.

The rest of the game was mostly just mop-up duty, with just 3 Mantises floating around the board. I won init again in Rd 4 and Quahon started single-engaging them to take 6v4s while spiders tied up the others (they were out of range for LBSA). End game was slightly protracted as I was still avoiding giving a Mantis 2 attacks in 1 turn, but Quahon & the spiders clean them up without too much trouble.

I win with Quahon (4 life), Wyvern + Estivara (full health), half my spiders, and an un-used Kira Jax for a final game state that accurately depicts GWs dice tonight. GWs ends up going 0/8 on Stealth Armor rolls, which is brutal and nearly impossible to recover from.

GGs Grey Waves, tough one given how it played out.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; December 6th, 2023 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Fixing the Plural of 'Mantis'

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events