Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:53 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Who's You'r Favorite Ranged Character?

Deadeye Dan.

Range 10 instakill? Yes please.
Old May 6th, 2016, 12:37 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm quite the fan of Mimring's breath.

Q-9 is also a long time favorite.

Dan and the rest of the posse are great too, but they only occasionally see any gameplay. McGreech and Dan are a very fun to watch face off.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old May 13th, 2016, 01:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
When I think of Ranged figures, the first two that pop into my head are Archers:

Syvarris
The Elf Archer can be an amazing slayer with his 9-range, double-attack. Get him on height and start raining down arrows. He's fragile of course but you have to get through is threat range first.

Kaemon Awa
Quick Release for a solid double special attack is awesome and as special attacks can get around some defensive powers. And the counter strike is great for when the bad guys close in on you.

And I wouldn't underestimate Mimring. Range 8 fire-line! It can be played as a long range sniper or with a well-timed lunge it can wipe out multiple targets.
These are basically the first three I think of as well, in about the same order.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 13th, 2016, 08:24 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Syvaris always seems to earn his points when we play, so I'm going with him.

I also enjoy DED in theory, and everyone wears their brown pants when he's on the board, but he almost never actually pulls off the kill before going down.
Old May 14th, 2016, 10:31 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Syvaris always seems to earn his points when we play, so I'm going with him.

I also enjoy DED in theory, and everyone wears their brown pants when he's on the board, but he almost never actually pulls off the kill before going down.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old May 16th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

I am very partial to the KMA. Also Q10.
Old June 13th, 2016, 11:21 AM

AznScape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Tandros Kreel seems like a versatile ranged option who can tie up figures for Sneak Attack.
Old June 15th, 2016, 02:53 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

All of those you all have mentioned, of course. On the Gang's table: The Aubrien Archers with good Frenzy rolls. Nilfeim. Soulborgs. But the ones I have had the most fun and success with? The Wolves of Badru!

Old June 20th, 2016, 12:41 AM
Highly Defensive, (Almost) No Life

Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker Deathwalker over 9000! knows what's in an order marker

My personal favorites are the Protectors of Ullar and Atlaga. The only ranged units with flying. They can shred just about anything, not to mention the chance for an insta-kill.

I got mugged by Valkrill.
Good traders: Siver_guy and boromir96.

Old June 20th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

All of those you all have mentioned, of course. On the Gang's table: The Aubrien Archers with good Frenzy rolls. Nilfeim. Soulborgs. But the ones I have had the most fun and success with? The Wolves of Badru!

Oh yes!! I must say, I LOVE the Badru wolves. Though they're not competative in a tournament setting...they are such fun units to play overall b/c of that pounce special. There's something so satisfying about pouncing an opponents figure and then taking their position...and even better if it's on a glyph!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 20th, 2016, 12:28 PM

Demigod Woo who?

Syvaris is always my personal favorite, especially paired with Theracus to get him to height.
Another one that I've only started using recently is the Omnicron snipers, decent defense and their special gives each attack die more power, even if you have fewer base dice. I'd take an Omnicron with one die over a normal attack with three easy. If they get height they're a powerhouse.
Old June 20th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

This is gin sound crazy, but...... I now love DW9K. i won a game with him. Last unit against Mimring, Ne-Gok-Sa and the Airborne Elite. I didn't explosion any of them either. All one by one. Obviously luck was involved, but it was still great to win with a Deathwalker.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles