Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 14th, 2019, 01:26 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Raven, Cyclops, and Aquaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
They are awesome. The only thing that bugs me about them, & it's not actually related to these figures, is that the HS movement rules for doublespace based figures isn't very thematic for figures like these that stand with their feet perpendicular to the way they face. It just seems weird to move & count by one side & then the other side must follow in that same path. It means that you are penalised a movement point just to make them face your opponent.
I totally agree with this. I'm hoping that the move of 6 with Flying compensates for the awkward space counting.

When we put the purple dragon (Metroid's Ridley) on a base, we are going to angle him in such a way that his face is forward on the lead end of the penut base. When situated on 2 spaces, if you do it right, his tail will hover between hexes. Ultimately it will make his movement more comfortable to deal with than the perpendicular pose.
Old December 14th, 2019, 02:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I tried to fit that one sideways. On a big peanut base there is just a bit of overhang with the claws and the tail is nicely over the base.
Old December 14th, 2019, 08:52 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old December 14th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh man that may be one of the prettiest cards yet. We absolutely love it. Lil'Helm thinks it's "fire" and I'm pretty sure that is the highest compliment he can give.

Fin Fang Foom is wrecking my home town. I sure hope the Fantastic Four can leave the Baxter Building and get over to 5th Avenue. There's a huge dragon terrorizing the good citizens of NYC!

Acn' wait to play with this card in front of me. Look out Helm offspring, I'm going to Fin Fang Foom you to a pulp.
Old December 14th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Captain Underpants

Re: HelmAverse Supers - Fin Fang Foom

Next up, a new design from Lil'Helm and would need his signature on the card...

--------------------------------------------
DC

RED TORNADO

ANDROID
UNIQUE HERO
ADVENTURER
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 6

SWIRLING VORTEX
When an opponent's small or medium figure moves onto a space within 2 clear sight spaces of Red Tornado, that figure must end its move there. Figures can never move through any figure affected by swirling vortex.

CRIMSON CYCLONE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Red Tornado may attack all adjacent figures. Roll attack dice separately for each figure. Figures roll 1 less defense die when defending against Red Tornado’s Crimson Cyclone Special Attack.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Red Tornado’s movement, ignore elevations. Red Tornado may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Red Tornado starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

----------------------------
Edit: After further review with Lil'Helm we discovered the flaw in giving the Red Tornado both Swirling Vortex and Range. The paradox didn't come up in our initial playlists but one on one battles with non range, non teleporters revealed that these two attributes were unfair together. We lowered his range to 1 and increased his attack to 6 and life to 6 as now he will be engaged (al beit by choice) more often. Lil'Helm is disappointed that his original design will not work and the ultimate card will be a little more boring without range. I'm trying to assure him that the design is still top notch even after the change.

Last edited by Matt Helm; December 15th, 2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old December 14th, 2019, 08:08 PM
Captain Underpants

And another design by Helm Jr. that would deserve his signature.

------------------------------------
DC

THUNDER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CRIME FIGHTER
IMPETUOUS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 4

DENSITY CONTROL 6
If Thunder is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 2 from your roll for each wound marker on this card. If you roll a 6 or Higher, each shield rolled on her defense dice counts for one additional block.

POUNCING SHOCKWAVE
When Thunder attacks, add 1 to her attack dice if, during her movement this turn, she moved to a space that is exactly 2 spaces from the defending figure.

IMMOVABLE STANCE
If Thunder has not moved this round, she may not be moved by any special power on an opponent’s Army Card.

SUPERSTRENGTH

—————————————

Is there any way that her background can be pulled from the same pic as Black Lightning?

Last edited by Matt Helm; December 17th, 2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old December 15th, 2019, 12:56 AM
Captain Underpants

Lil’Helm noticed a small edit needed on Fin Fang Foom. He’s missing his green dot on his hit zone.

And this may be picky but there is a weird transition toward the top of the card at the border line between his name banner and the photo. That could just be a template issue but it looks different than some others. Might not be noticeable when I print though.

Last edited by Matt Helm; December 15th, 2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old December 15th, 2019, 05:46 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Lil’Helm noticed a small edit needed on Fin Fang Foom. He’s missing his green dot on his hit zone.
That was, errr, deliberate. Yeah deliberate. I wanted to see if Lil'Helm was paying attention. He passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
And this may be picky but there is a weird transition toward the top of the card at the border line between his name banner and the photo. That could just be a template issue but it looks different than some others. Might not be noticeable when I print though.
This isn't any sort of issue but a trick of alignment of the background image & the border line. The border line is a transparent line that just happened to line up with straight edge of the lighter coloured building dissecting it in the middle. Then because the dark border line blended with the darker building it made the whole thing look a little funky. Now I don't want you brain to get confused with all the other subliminal messages I have planted in the image so I moved the background a little bit & darkened the border line also. So when playing with this card & your eye starts twitching, know it's not to do with that border line.

P.S.: you need to delete the card from the gallery so I can put up the updated one.

P.P.S.: does that Red Tornado figure really look that orange in hand? or is it just a photo lighting issue?

Last edited by A3n; December 15th, 2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old December 15th, 2019, 05:56 AM

Would this image work for RT, or is it too much of a prototype that it's not the same as the massed produced product?
Old December 15th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Captain Underpants

Wow, I just caught myself boxing up some of my scape and looking through my contact list for addresses in Australia. I’m very confused why I would have had that urge.

Anyway, nice catch on Orange Tornado. He is not the same color as the photo I posted. And the promo pic you posted unfortunately looks like a computer generated image and too cartoonish.

Lil’Helm and I will break out the camera today after our basketball game (playing the rival town that borders my little barrier island) and take some pictures of the real figure.

And Fin Fang Foom is taken down from the gallery, ready for reupload. Thanks.
Old December 15th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

All colors of Tornados should be embraced.
Old December 15th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Captain Underpants

Hopefully this pic is better. It was quite tough for us to get focus on both his face and his hands. Considering his powers, a little blurry could be acceptable.

We also updated the stats so the original post for Red Tornado now shows what we want on the card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations