Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 7th, 2020, 11:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Taskmaster, Dr. Fate and Mysterio

Surprised you didn't just reuse Life Drain from Cyprien, seemed right up your alley, but Hypnotize is cool.
Old June 8th, 2020, 12:19 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Very cool take on the character. I will get you a card soonish.
Old June 8th, 2020, 09:41 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Ok, I know you had Marvel as the publisher (& can certainly use that) but I thought that these are unique in your universe so why not use an unique logo. Say ICE...

Last edited by A3n; June 8th, 2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old June 8th, 2020, 08:05 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

The Compact Cars look incredible! And I'm totally on board with a unique logo instead of Marvel. In fact, I think the logo you created looks awesome and would love to keep that on there BUT... I have to ask what "ICF" means before I officially give a thumbs up. I mean, it could be some secret message for some cult or hate group that I don't want to be associated with.

I'm guessing that you came up with the logo yourself and I'm very, very impressed. i like it a lot. So lay it on my buddy, what does "ICF" mean?
Old June 8th, 2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post

The Compact Cars look incredible! And I'm totally on board with a unique logo instead of Marvel. In fact, I think the logo you created looks awesome and would love to keep that on there BUT... I have to ask what "ICF" means before I officially give a thumbs up. I mean, it could be some secret message for some cult or hate group that I don't want to be associated with.

I'm guessing that you came up with the logo yourself and I'm very, very impressed. i like it a lot. So lay it on my buddy, what does "ICF" mean?
Oops I typed that wrong. It's ICE which stands for Intelligence and Counter-Espionage. Which apparently is the spy organisation that Dean Martin's Matt Helm belonged to.

I didn't make the logo up. Apparently it was used "on the back of the Silencers movie soundtrack and on foreign lobby cards."
Old June 9th, 2020, 12:23 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh my god, ICE, that's awesome. Of course I'm familiar with Matt Helm's organization from the movies (it didn't have that name in the awesome novels). I have to admit that I didn't recognize the logo. It must have been a 1960's marketing thing for toys and other memorabilia.

I absolutely love it as it's genius on your part. I'm totally in favor of using it on the Destructible Objects and anything else unique that comes down the pike. Bravo!
Old June 10th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Surprised you didn't just reuse Life Drain from Cyprien, seemed right up your alley, but Hypnotize is cool.
Believe me it was looked at. During our process we try to review Hasbro powers to see if something exists that fits our intent. On this one, we thought that destroying another Super figure would be uncommon for Morbius so the healing would be rare and uneventful.

Ultimately we thought about Morbius going in for a bite only when he disabled His opponent, not necessarily destroyed him. Thematically we thought hypnotizing was a fun idea to make him a little swingy and then the healing would be an exciting bonus.

During a playtesting game we saw him hypnotize Captain Marvel only to wiff on all 4 attack dice. It was hysterical.

In the end, Lil’Helm was real happy with the way he came out. We both liked the late change to separate the two powers involved (they were initially one power) so that we retained the possibility of another figure having hypnotize without having the healing component.
Old June 12th, 2020, 09:32 AM

Morbius
Old June 13th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Captain Underpants

Yes! Homerun on the Morbius art. We all love the angle of the background with him swooping down in the night. Excellent choice, we are going to print this sucker up today.

I seriously appreciate you continuing to work on the HelmAverse with us. The boys have become worse than me with their excited anticipation every time a design is pending. They have several more in the hopper that are just waiting Daddy Helm’s word editing phase and a few more that are still in playtesting. If I add in the list of my unfinished designs that they have been pressuring me to finish, we have a handful yet to come.

They’ve made me base a few figures this passed week because they know I get more inspired to finish off a design once the proxy can move aside for the real piece.
Old June 13th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Captain Underpants

Re: HelmAverse Supers - Morbius, Taskmaster and Compact Car

And you thought Destructible Objects were the only line the HelmAverse Supers would cross (the HelmAverse SciFi HAVOKscape does have one figure that uses markers). Well Helm Jr. brings us a new design that uses a single black marker.
-------------------------------------
MARVEL

ANT-MAN

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
ADVENTURER
TRICKY
SMALL 2

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 6

TAG ALONG
Before moving a figure you control adjacent to Ant-Man, you may choose Ant-Man to Tag Along. After moving the figure, place Ant-Man on an empty space adjacent to the moved figure.

ANT CONTROL 11
Ant-Man starts the game with one black Ant Marker on his card. After moving and before attacking with Ant-Man you may choose a unique hero within 6 spaces of Ant-Man and roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher the chosen figure is affected by Ant Control. Remove the Ant Marker from the card it is currently on and place it on the affected figure’s card. When an opponent takes a turn with an affected figure, the figure cannot attack but can remove the Ant Marker and return it to Ant-Man’s card at the end of the affected figure’s turn. After the Ant Marker is removed from their card, the figure is no longer affected by Ant Control. Ant-Man is never affected by Ant Control.

SIZE ALTERING MOVEMENT
Ant-Man can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. When moving up or down levels of terrain, Ant-Man may triple his Height.
Old June 13th, 2020, 08:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Sweet design.
Old June 13th, 2020, 09:17 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Sweet design.
Now that I have my own family custom factory, it's getting hard to keep up. My employees are pumping out ideas and designs with lightning speed. All of the distance learning has given them quite a bit of time to theory-scape. I think Mrs. Helm is starting to get fed up as the chatter goes in the house, in the car, in the yard, all day and all night. Ideas start flowing, characters get drafted and good ol'Matt has to be on his game to tell them where to find similar powers on official Hasbro figures, what needs to be changed from a Special Attack to a Special Power, and what just won't work at all.

Honestly though they are really killing it with the balance of theme and mechanics that they want to create. We then take their ideas to the table and work out some logistics. When they are satisfied with their design, they are relentless with begging me to edit the wording to fit the HelmAverse. Then comes the childish anticipation for an A3n masterpiece.

Ant-Man wasn't easy. The mechanic is simple and we've played it without issue. Wording it though has been a challenge. I hope we got it this time but if you see anything that needs tweaking, I'd appreciate the input.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations