Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 22nd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Apocalypse

Mostly ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 17th, 2015, 10:40 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Can Apocalypse start with the glyph of Smilex, and if he was able to, is it just dropped onto the space he occupies since he cannot actually pick it up correct?
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
Can Apocalypse start with the glyph of Smilex, and if he was able to, is it just dropped onto the space he occupies since he cannot actually pick it up correct?
Ugh, that's a messy interaction. Smilex should probably be a Permanent Glyph that Insane figures can treat as an EG. Technically, by my reading, the glyph would be placed on Apocalypse's card, but he wouldn't be able to equip it. I think the intention is that he would not be able to choose the glyph because he can't equip it, but I don't know if the wording follows that.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 18th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weebaer View Post
Ugh, that's a messy interaction. Smilex should probably be a Permanent Glyph that Insane figures can treat as an EG. Technically, by my reading, the glyph would be placed on Apocalypse's card, but he wouldn't be able to equip it. I think the intention is that he would not be able to choose the glyph because he can't equip it, but I don't know if the wording follows that.
Yeah, I would tend to agree with you TB. This is really messy and something that I honestly think got forgotten when Apoc got designed.
Old February 18th, 2015, 04:38 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

He can only equip equipment glyphs that he is able to do so. Because the Smilex glyph says only insane figures can equip it and he isn't insane, therefore he can't equip it.
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
He can only equip equipment glyphs that he is able to do so. Because the Smilex glyph says only insane figures can equip it and he isn't insane, therefore he can't equip it.
I think that the confusion lies with the understanding of the first line of Apocalyptic Technology:

Quote:
you may place up to two different Equipment Glyphs on this card.
The power description then goes on to explain Apocalypse's special rules for equipping and dropping glyphs.

So the question might be whether or not the act of "placing" glyphs on a figure's card is synonymous with "equipping" it.

That said, I interpret the action of "placing" glyphs on a card to mean that the figure is "equipping" the glyph but perhaps I err on the subject as I don't believe C3G Equipment Glyph Rules specifically define "equipping a glyph."

However, my understanding of the idea that "placing" = "equipping" comes from the rulebook:

Quote:
If the figure is a Unique Hero they can choose to pick up the equipment Glyph by placing the Glyph on that Unique Hero’s Army Card.
I presumed that when a figure is picking up a glyph, they are equipping it by placing the glyph on the corresponding Army Card.

If needed, perhaps for clarification, a subheader ("Equipping Equipment Glyphs") could be added to the rules (for quick reference) and/or just changing the wording on Apocalypse's card to say "equip" instead of "place."
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 18th, 2015, 06:56 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

As Hellfire said, I think the confusion is coming from the word "place". I don't think that's ever been used as a synonym for "equip". This does support that reading though:
Quote:
If the figure is a Unique Hero they can choose to pick up the equipment Glyph by placing the Glyph on that Unique Hero’s Army Card.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:39 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

If you guys are considering looking at equipment glyph terminology, I would love to be part of a separate conversation on that topic. As part of my rectangular card project, I've been going through a very in-depth analysis of all 92 glyphs in the game (Hasbro, WotC, C3G, C3V) for function and terminology, and there are some good opportunities for improvement.

This seems like an area of the game that has been heavily impacted by the breadth and volume of ongoing development since the idea was first conceived. Hasbro's original design didn't really foresee what would come later, the color scheme wasn't very consistent, the army cards were laid out in an illogical way, terminology varied across waves, all 4 glyphs in Wave D3 were mislabeled ... so of course the result is confusion and a lot of inconsistency between the three major types of glyphs, and even lack of clarity on what those fundamental types even are. Games like this always face a challenge keeping things under control as they evolve, and the glyph system seems to show the most wear and tear of any major subsystem.

And yeah, one of the things that has been giving me fits is what exactly "equipping" entails.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old February 27th, 2015, 01:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Apocalypse - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Any Horseman figure you control has the Super Strength special power and adds 1 to its Attack number for the remainder of the game.
I interpret this to mean that the +1 attack is applied only to Horsemen you control at the start of the game (i.e. that you don't get +2 in an Apoc Mirror match) but that if a Horseman is temporarily controlled (by Puppet Master, say), it retains the +1 attack. Is that correct?

On a related note, as I read it, Bishop doesn't get the bonus since he is not on the Battlefield at the start of the game. Should it say "in your army" instead?
Old February 27th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Apocalypse - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Any Horseman figure you control has the Super Strength special power and adds 1 to its Attack number for the remainder of the game.
I interpret this to mean that the +1 attack is applied only to Horsemen you control at the start of the game (i.e. that you don't get +2 in an Apoc Mirror match) but that if a Horseman is temporarily controlled (by Puppet Master, say), it retains the +1 attack. Is that correct?

On a related note, as I read it, Bishop doesn't get the bonus since he is not on the Battlefield at the start of the game. Should it say "in your army" instead?
Well if you choose Bishop to be one of your horsemen and put a horseman marker on him, then wouldn't it just work once he does come into play on the battlefield?

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot "you control" is different than "in your army"

Edit again: But don't you still control Bishop from the onset? He just doesn't get placed until rolling for initiative. So it's not like he's not going to get out there and you can do whatever with him.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 27th, 2015, 02:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

You do not control Bishop at the outset, unless C3G has ruled differently from standard Heroscape. Control means units in your army on the battlefield.

One easy way to phrase it would be to base the bonus on your marker. That solves the mirror match issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by possible approach
Any figure with your Horsemen Marker on its Army Card has the Super Strength special power and adds 1 to the Attack number for the remainder of the game.
I guess this screws Archangel if you don't mark him, though.

Really, it's reasonably clear as-is, although I'd prefer "in your army" just for Bishop's sake.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library