Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 31st, 2024, 08:49 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 01/30/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Double Wannok?! haha, spicey!
Yeah, originally the map had no glyphs, but we found the play would just stagnate around the high ground on one side of the map. It felt like the map needed pull on both sides to really shine. With the double Wannok where they are, it feels like players have a strong reason to develop on both sides of the map.

Quote:
Also, curious why you didn't make it symmetrical with the bushes? any particular reason?
As Shurrig said, I just did it to break of the visual symmetry of the map. I did the same thing with some of the rock and grass hexes just to make the map look a little more organic and less "fake".

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 2nd, 2024, 08:32 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I really like the Wannoks protected by Jungle. It gives that little extra impetus to engage the glyph holder, and softens range's ability to knock them off.

How often did you see bottlenecks at the level 3 road hex overlooking the centeal level 2 road "courtyard"? It seems like a pretty strong place from which to defend lateral movement.

Did you notice armies with Raelin I pulling to the right, especially ranged against melee armies? I notice the little perch right outside the start zone (single road for one army, single rock for the other) covers the two single level 4 hexes on that side.

Theoryscape nitpicks aside, it looks fun. Over the next month I was planning on doing some tourney army testing on maps from our pool, but I'm probably going to bump this one to the front of the queue.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 2nd, 2024, 09:01 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I really like the Wannoks protected by Jungle. It gives that little extra impetus to engage the glyph holder, and softens range's ability to knock them off.
Yeah, the glyph location and the map overall definitely feels like it gives melee a nice boost. Normally I don't protect glyphs with jungle, but it has led to some interesting plays on this map. I've seen ranged units get pulled across the map to engage the wannok glyph on the other side. I like that interplay as it exposes the range and accelerates the aggression. I like anything that pulls figures across the map.

Quote:
How often did you see bottlenecks at the level 3 road hex overlooking the centeal level 2 road "courtyard"? It seems like a pretty strong place from which to defend lateral movement.
I tested an iteration with the glyphs a little more central and there was definately some bottlenecks in the middle. Moving the glyphs over and allowing them to be engaged from the higher platforms seemed to open things up. This first iteration had no glyphs and the gameplay tended to stagnate to whichever side the ranged army chose to camp on. The current location seemed to give the best combination of action in the middle and the sides. I was really trying to get armies to engage across the entire map.

Quote:
Did you notice armies with Raelin I pulling to the right, especially ranged against melee armies? I notice the little perch right outside the start zone (single road for one army, single rock for the other) covers the two single level 4 hexes on that side.
I can't say I've played enough games on this with and against Raelin armies to notice any trends with the ideal perch. The small level 2 perch has led to some interesting things and overall I've enjoyed its inclusion. It has allowed players who have had their start zone overrun to make some last stands with their heroes. So itt has created some late game drama without being too impactful on the early game.

The development of ranged armies (or melee for that matter) up the right feels a little slower than up the left. But the level 4 placement feels right with this in mind. You want to move up the right, but can flow somewhat quicker up the left. It's been interesting to see how melee armies have attacked the right hand high ground. Commonly there is a pincer attack from both the right and left because you are able to quickly flow up the left.

Quote:
Theoryscape nitpicks aside, it looks fun. Over the next month I was planning on doing some tourney army testing on maps from our pool, but I'm probably going to bump this one to the front of the queue.
Awesome, let me know what you think. I've really enjoyed this one. It feels very frantic and deadly.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 19th, 2024, 06:47 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Dignan Just came to say that I very like your new map Déja vu! Very orignal (wannoks avalaible from startzone!) map, the range melee machup seems very balanced, extremly fast map. Love it!
We played with Yngwild(disengage+Wannok) glyphs but I really think the double Wannok you suggested would be better.
The only downside I would notice is if the armies are low figure count, the fight might concentrate on one half of the map, especially if some auras are in play, but not really something you can prevent, esp on a 2 hills map, if players really want to pod they will pod.

Old March 19th, 2024, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
@Dignan Just came to say that I very like your new map Déja vu! Very orignal (wannoks avalaible from startzone!) map, the range melee machup seems very balanced, extremly fast map. Love it!
We played with Yngwild(disengage+Wannok) glyphs but I really think the double Wannok you suggested would be better.
The only downside I would notice is if the armies are low figure count, the fight might concentrate on one half of the map, especially if some auras are in play, but not really something you can prevent, esp on a 2 hills map, if players really want to pod they will pod.
Thanks for the feedback, Foudzing. It's always great to hear the perspective of other players. Your experience mirrors what we saw down here in Texas. It's been a bloody and vicious map that plays quick and dangerous. It feels like there is always a way to pressure your opponent. We've really enjoyed our games on it, glad to hear you have too!

Old March 19th, 2024, 10:35 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I've playtested on Deja Vu several times now (4-5?). Overall, I like it as well...that said, there's one feature I'm not fond of because of the potential abuse of it. That said, I'll reserve the right to hold that comment until after the tourney in Peoria this weekend...cause...I might just use it

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 20th, 2024, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I've playtested on Deja Vu several times now (4-5?). Overall, I like it as well...that said, there's one feature I'm not fond of because of the potential abuse of it. That said, I'll reserve the right to hold that comment until after the tourney in Peoria this weekend...cause...I might just use it
Be sure to let me know about the issue and how it plays out. I always look to correct my maps if I can.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios