Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Old August 4th, 2014, 04:26 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Terrain Sanctum Voting Hall

I'm not sure if you all have done this, but I figured this was the best place to ask: Has anyone reached out to this Hyground tiles company to see if they have any plans to do Cityscape tiles? I mean they could literally be the answer to our prayers. Imagine a building made to interlock with Scape tiles that is Hex based and can be used to Custom rule it? Pretty Cramazing, right? (Crazy + Amazing = Cramazing.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old August 4th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I sure haven't.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 8th, 2014, 09:58 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'll contact them and see what they say. Probably post my draft of letter here to get some feedback/editing before sending.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old August 20th, 2014, 11:43 PM
C3G's First Fan

My e-mail:
Quote:
First off, let me say that your tiles look amazing! I can guarantee that you will be getting lots of love from those of us who still play Heroscape in the Heroscapers.com community. But I digress.

The reason I am actually reaching out to you is this: I am contacting you on behalf of the Custom Heroscape group, C3G. Using Heroclix we have designed about 600 units for Super Heroscape after Hasbro abandoned the venture with one set. The one thing we are desperately in need of is 3d city/ Superhero terrain. I am also a little bit involved in the Heroclix community and I think the same terrain would be welcome there as well. Have you all considered this? I think it is safe to say that this whole endeavor of yours started as a way to supply your own need that you had, but now that you've started why not lood for bigger and better opportunities? I would be happy to offer any feedback and I can tell you I represent this group and they are all dying to hear what I you have to say. Hope we can help each other in the future; you supplying the terrain we can't make on our own and us giving you money to continue your wonderful little endeavor.

Peace,
CJ McCarren
Their response:
Quote:
CJ,

I like the idea. We have not put a lot of time into city scapes yet but we are not against it in any way. Our current dilemma is figuring out how to get funded. We're a LONG way off from our current goal.

Tell me, at a high level, what are the major differences in Super Heroscape and the Hasbro version? Sounds like there are a lot of new characters. Are there other differences?

Thanks,

Bill
Any idea how I should answer him?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old August 21st, 2014, 08:22 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There are a few differences in the Hasbro version but for the most part this is an unofficial continuation of Marvelscape that has expanded into the DC Universe as well as the universes of some Independent comic labels.

???

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 21st, 2014, 10:36 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's the big key, along with a much greater emphasis on creating large scale armies around unique heroes instead of squads (like in the Valhalla Heroscape sets, where squads tend to dominate). Probably our biggest unique contributions have been to create something called an "Event Hero," which is typically a single, very high life and high point hero that can take on an entire opposing army (such as 1600 point, 30 Life Anti-Monitor, or 1500 point, 28 Life Galactus), to create something called an "Equipment Glyph," that allows Unique Heroes to tote around cool devices like bat shurikens or the Cosmic Cube, and the creation of several Destructible Objects varying from something as simple as a destructible Man-Hole Cover you can pick up and use as a shield to something as involved as a Sports Car (essentially Hot Wheels scale) that figures can occupy and drive around in.

The ideal cityscape would have roofs that could be occupied, various ways to get up on them for non-leapers/fliers such as hex-based fire escapes or exterior elevators, as well as, on larger buildings, playable hex interiors. I think this type of set-up would be the dream for many Scapers, including myself.

Old August 21st, 2014, 04:54 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
There are a few differences in the Hasbro version but for the most part this is an unofficial continuation of Marvelscape that has expanded into the DC Universe as well as the universes of some Independent comic labels.

???

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 03:38 PM
C3G's First Fan

Thanks guys! All that is perfect! I'm gonna compile that into one e-mail and send it to them to see what they have to say. Is it safe to say that a demonstration of what they could do would get a number of us onboard? Seems they are concerned with the Kickstarter reaching its goals.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

Old August 22nd, 2014, 04:30 PM

Choosing to run a kickstarter with such high goals right now when folks just blew all their spare cash at Gencon is probably what's going to do them in. I'm hoping after this shot inevitably fails, they reboot and try again with a more modest starting goal. We'll see!

Old August 22nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

The product looks very good though & they do have a video showing how it's semi compatible with Heroscape.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 06:28 PM

Oh, for sure. I think their product is right - their timing just might not be.

Old August 22nd, 2014, 06:49 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, timing is vital for Kickstarter success (granted, it is difficult to predict what is or isn't good time until hindsight has kicked in) but I think it would have also helped to have created some additional buzz around the project ... it didn't seem to catch the attention of the right person or persons to help spread the excitement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers