Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 11th, 2018, 10:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
What the?!?!? I’m sorry dude but it is impossible to help you with such erratic changes to your design. His card is now so opposite from what it was just a minute ago. Why abandon everything we were just working with you on?
At this point, it is like a person ordering cake, and when they are brought cake, demand that they want pie, and at that point they said I ordered Ice cream, but could you help me with the cake order I sent out.
In all seriousness though. You have to stick with your original design, test it, see what it needs, and then adjust it to what it needs. Otherwise no one can help here.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 12th, 2018, 03:23 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Made some changes to my custom unit Gilliam. His stats are 5 life, 5 move, 1 range, 4 attack and 4 defense. I do hope that Penetrating Spear makes sense now. For example, you can roll 2 additional attack dice if you attack a figure that wields a blade. Here is the miniature and army card for this custom.
Old October 12th, 2018, 10:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Made some changes to my custom unit Gilliam. His stats are 5 life, 5 move, 1 range, 4 attack and 4 defense. I do hope that Penetrating Spear makes sense now. For example, you can roll 2 additional attack dice if you attack a figure that wields a blade. Here is the miniature and army card for this custom.
Generally. When designing abilities that affect a particular kind of character its conveyed in a trait on the enemy figures card such as the figures size, personality, general it follows, race, or if it is common or unique, a hero or a squad figure. In your case it could be a figure with a range of 1. Figures that wield blades is a matter of people trying to figure out if the mini is holding a blade of some kind. Ive seen you adjust this single card at least 5 times in a 2 day period in completely radical redesigns. You should take this custom back to one of your many customs threads and refine it and test it to what you want it to do. People will not help you test a unit if you completely revamp it every few hours. I have nothing else to add to your latest design because it does not work as it is. It is too open to interpretation with the wielding of blades bit. Its also not thematic. Not to mention he quite easily gets to throw 8 attack dice with that little spear. Jotun the giant also rolls 8 attack dice.

This miniature resembles a town guard, a run of the mill soldier with a spear. He does not look like an 8 attack champion of a man.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 13th, 2018, 01:39 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I do hope you like this version Gilliam, it might be the final version of this custom unit. His stats are 7 life, 6 move, 1 range, 3 attack and 1 defense. The special powers that Gilliam is called Basic Shield and Final Guard. Here is the miniature and the army card for this custom unit.
Old October 13th, 2018, 05:44 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
I do hope you like this version Gilliam, it might be the final version of this custom unit. His stats are 7 life, 6 move, 1 range, 3 attack and 1 defense. The special powers that Gilliam is called Basic Shield and Final Guard. Here is the miniature and the army card for this custom unit.
6 Defence plus 2 auto shields is nigh unkillable (the Iron Golem only gets away with it as his auto-shields are against special attacks, not normals) and unthematically tough for a regular chap with a wooden shield. Pair that with 7 Life and you're looking at bleeding Superman. It also shares no similarities with anything you've previously done. You do not have any concept of what you want to design, what would be thematic or game balance, and are completely ignoring everything anyone says about trying to straighten out your ideas more.

Seriously, are you trying to troll us? Please just stop, at this stage.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; October 13th, 2018 at 06:43 AM.
Old October 13th, 2018, 12:42 PM

I do hope you like this version Gilliam, it might be the final version of this custom unit. His stats are 3 life, 8 move, 1 range, 3 attack and 1 defense. The special powers that Gilliam is called Wooden Shield and Final Guard. Here is the miniature and the army card for this custom unit.
Old October 13th, 2018, 12:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

This version is starting to get better. I do have a few points (don't change a bunch of other things in response to this post, please).

Why does he have 8 move? That's more than any unmounted human figure in the game, and twice as much as many humans.

What's the point of Wooden Shield? It has the effect of making him almost always have 2 defense. Just drop that power and give him 2 defense!

For Final Guard (which is a cool power) does this count your opponent's Guards as well? If not, you should make it "the only Guard you control".
Old October 13th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
I do hope you like this version Gilliam, it might be the final version of this custom unit. His stats are 3 life, 8 move, 1 range, 3 attack and 1 defense. The special powers that Gilliam is called Wooden Shield and Final Guard. Here is the miniature and the army card for this custom unit.
Wow, you're still going. And what's with the boost to eight move? What are you trying to achieve? I'm pretty convinced now that you're just a troll.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 13th, 2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
This version is starting to get better. I do have a few points (don't change a bunch of other things in response to this post, please).

Why does he have 8 move? That's more than any unmounted human figure in the game, and twice as much as many humans.

What's the point of Wooden Shield? It has the effect of making him almost always have 2 defense. Just drop that power and give him 2 defense!

For Final Guard (which is a cool power) does this count your opponent's Guards as well? If not, you should make it "the only Guard you control".
I changed Gilliam stats, they are 3 life, 5 move, 1 range, 3 attack and 2 defense. The power Wooden Shield was removed from the card, but I kept the Final Guard power. Here is the miniature and army card for my custom unit.
Old October 14th, 2018, 01:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
This version of Gilliam seems good. Two automatic shields are very tough to crack, but with only 3 life and 3 attack, it might not be too big of a problem for clean-up. I also like how he only gets the bonus if he's the last guard remaining; this seems thematic and avoids making him too reliant on other Guard synergies while still letting him benefit from them. Now that you've honed in your design, I think that it's ready for playtesting if you want to take it further.
Old October 14th, 2018, 02:16 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm looking for more feedback on a design that I'd like to submit to the SoV fairly soon (it enters production near the end of this month, which is when availability would be the best). Here's the current design:

These are some specific things that I'm looking for more feedback on (although I do welcome thoughts on any part of the design):
  • How does the name sound? My knowledge of Japanese extends only to Google Translate, but this translates to "Terror" and "Demon," respectively.
  • Does the design match the miniature? I got feedback in my own thread noting that the sculpt seemed more like a mage than the card implied, so I'm curious if Arcane Protection adequately conveys the magical aspect. I have potential balance concerns about giving him a ranged attack, so I nodded to Sharwin Wildborn's Arcane Riposte instead.
  • Does the nod to Akumaken come across well? Aura of Terror is obviously inspired by his Mask of Terror (which makes sense to me because Akumaken's mask would be based off of demons such as this), so I'm curious as to how well the theme comes across and whether it stands enough on its own.
Old October 14th, 2018, 02:37 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of a Demon samurai boosting the other samurai. I'd love to see the Samurai faction expanded. The name sounds fine to me. The link to Akumaken is cool. Does Arcane Protection work on special attacks? I feel like it should only work on normal attacks like Counter Strike & the Evil Eye powers. I also do think the fireball-magic-thing in his left hand means that this mini needs some sort of ranged attack or ranged special power.

Aura of Terror & Arcane Protection seem like two different design approaches. Aura of Terror requires that this guy is within 4 spaces of the enemy, so it's really only useful against melee opponents. Arcane Protection helps against range, and the adjacency requirement means that every Samurai except the Tagawa Archers won't get much use out of it. And when they do benefit from Arcane Protection, the Aura of Terror lowers their attack! I can't see Arcane Protection ever being useful for your other figures because of this. Maybe that trade-off is the charm of the design, but it seems more frustrating than anything.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards