Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old May 27th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Mapmaking - "Competitive" Discussion

A suggestion makes sense to me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Not just high move numbers - high threat ranges coming from a combination of high move numbers, flying, and high ranges.
I like, as a standard, having a certain distance between start zones to prevent first turn startzone assaults.
Obviously there will be some exceptions granted in special situations, like the example above, but the standard makes a lot of sense overall, in my opinion.
But if it is set as a rule, then it would eliminate those creative possibilities. If it is a suggestion, then it might not hamper creativity. I agree that, in general, especially with supers, start zones need to be wide spread, but I can't agree to making it a hard, fast rule because there are reasons to use exceptions.
I think I see your point. And that is why I have tried to avoid having this conversation about setting parameters for Competitive maps.
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I think I see your point. And that is why I have tried to avoid having this conversation about setting parameters for Competitive maps.
I think most of us involved can agree on many of the points. And by setting 'guidelines' rather than 'rules' on some aspects, that as long as the creative/group can justify them are acceptable deviations from the norm, that we should, indeed, be able to define more succinctly what a competitive Supers map is.

• Equal terrain opportunity for all types of figures, meaning there is no place on the Battlefield that one unit can get to on its own, but another cannot
• Equal attack opportunity for all types of figures, meaning there is no place on the Battlefield where a unit can be in a position to attack, but never be attacked back by certain figures (like a high poll that melee attackers cannot attack a figure if that figure is on top)
• Equal start zone opportunity for each opposing army, meaning each start zone has the same amount of spaces as its opposing army
Standardized start zone numbers, meaning 24 hexes (the most common standard) for each start zone
• Standardized start zone spacing, meaning that opposing start zones will always generally be at least 13 spaces away from each other unless theme/mechanics of the map dictate otherwise.
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:45 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Good stuff Cav. And I do like the use of the term "guide lines" as opposed to rules. I think one of my selling points to get you in this group initially was to keep things loose and free for artistic exploration, and I don't want to make this project too confining for our members (like you) to the point of not wanting to participate. Your too valuable IMO.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

After all, if you get too restictive, you can't do crazy things, like this:

Old May 28th, 2010, 04:27 PM

Must... go.... play .... now.
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Must... go.... play .... now.
More photos here: http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...&postcount=138

Hoping to try again tonight with more reasonable armies (see the link for the why on that)
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:21 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
After all, if you get too restictive, you can't do crazy things, like this:

What??

You think that's something special or something? Huh, well do ya?

Well let me tell you,

It darn well is, but I can't rep you damn it! I gotta find out who I can rep, this is getting crazy. Maybe I need to keep a list of people I have repped so I know what order I have repped them in & who to hit again to get up to you.

Great work as always Cav.

Cheers
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You're always welcome to try me again, A3n.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 29th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Oooh Ooooh I'm open!
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:11 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You're always welcome to try me again, A3n.
Yep tried that.
Quote:
Oooh Ooooh I'm open!
And that.
Old May 31st, 2010, 12:07 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Like what we have so far, but I see something missing. I think we need some sort of clause that talks about competitive maps not giving an overt advantage to one specific power or ability, for example ranged/flying. Thoughts?

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios