Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 21st, 2014, 05:50 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

@brandonwiker: 1 Wound Counterstrike is the unsatisfactory part, when combined with Raelin. The discussion has swayed me to believe it's a matter of preference whether this stat model is broken or not, at least.

@dok: Alright, yeah, if the Green is really balanced at that point level than let's not shoe horn it to not outclass Blues. The Special is enough to justify sufficient variation between the two on paper, but it's going be very close to an outclassing.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 21st, 2014, 07:38 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
@brandonwiker: 1 Wound Counterstrike is the unsatisfactory part, when combined with Raelin. The discussion has swayed me to believe it's a matter of preference whether this stat model is broken or not, at least.

@dok: Alright, yeah, if the Green is really balanced at that point level than let's not shoe horn it to not outclass Blues. The Special is enough to justify sufficient variation between the two on paper, but it's going be very close to an outclassing.
So, tell me if I'm reading this right, you think that 4/4 with one wound counterstrike sucks?

If so, I'd totally take it for a spin myself sometime maybe within a month.

Oh, I made my video with the green wyrm private, I just fixed that, lol. Did anyone have a problem viewing it through that link? Oh well.

Forgive me if I lack skill with Rae and 10th, this just might be my 2nd or 3rd time using them, lol.
Old July 21st, 2014, 10:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
@brandonwiker: 1 Wound Counterstrike is the unsatisfactory part, when combined with Raelin. The discussion has swayed me to believe it's a matter of preference whether this stat model is broken or not, at least
How is it unsatisfactory? It seems to me like a given, alongside the small/medium restriction. They make perfect sense for Fledgling Counterstrike.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 21st, 2014, 11:05 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I think it is really time to start testing the 5 move , 4/4 wyrmling with 1 wound CS and get a lot of feedback before going deciding if it needs to be changed.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:10 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
How is it unsatisfactory? It seems to me like a given, alongside the small/medium restriction. They make perfect sense for Fledgling Counterstrike.
I find it unsatisfying because it doesn't feel very Fledgling to me. Probably more than 90% of times I've successfully used Counter Strike it did a single point of damage (at least, that's all that mattered) against small/medium figures. The other Fledgling powers are significantly weaker than their originals. This feels almost the same.

Last edited by Scytale; July 22nd, 2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:13 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
I find it unsatisfying because it doesn't feel very Fledgling to me. Probably more than 90% of times I've successfully used Counter Strike it did a single point of damage (at least, that's all that mattered) against small/medium figures. The other Fledgling powers are significantly weaker than their originals. This feels almost the same.
Well, I've had mixed results with regular counterstrike, including hitting a werewolf lord for two wounds, and I've killed a few deathstalkers. Also killed some romans (with the stinking izumi who had thorgrim and def +1 glyph, but they went down hard without killing more than 3 romans via CS.)

For casual play, I think I'd find 1 wound CS (perhaps small/med only) to be fledgling enough. For tourney play, I'd probably agree with you, though, since so many armies one might face would include those small/medium melee squads.

I'm with Kinseth, I'd still like to test 4/4 1 wound CS against small/medium only. It was extremely popular with the voting. I'll put Rae with the GW this time, and put a mixed army on the other side of the table, maybe something like knights x2+hero and 4th x2. Or should I try a huge figure or two?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:14 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
That would a reason for playtesting with this version to commence. See if everyone else feels the same way.

Old July 22nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Counterstrike also depends on the base stats in a way most of the other dragon powers don't---having four rather than five defence is another way it's weaker than Charos's version. (This is also why I'd be hapopy dropping the defence to three, if more weakening is needed.)
Old July 22nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Counterstrike also depends on the base stats in a way most of the other dragon powers don't---having four rather than five defence is another way it's weaker than Charos's version. (This is also why I'd be hapopy dropping the defence to three, if more weakening is needed.)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 22nd, 2014, 03:27 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey you guys are making a Green Wyrmling? How about 4/4 with 5 move, 1 wound max for Counterstrike. I think that would be great. Anyone want to follow my lead on this one?

I'm being satirical, but you'd only know that if you read more than the last 3 posts made in this thread. I think I'm about done following this thread for a little while. Have fun you guys.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Hey you guys are making a Green Wyrmling? How about 4/4 with 5 move, 1 wound max for Counterstrike. I think that would be great. Anyone want to follow my lead on this one?

I'm being satirical, but you'd only know that if you read more than the last 3 posts made in this thread. I think I'm about done following this thread for a little while. Have fun you guys.
You lost me, sorry.

Old July 23rd, 2014, 10:54 AM

Hahaha, right.

Anyway, I'll try 4/4 1 wound max CS sometime soon. Maybe it'll be decent. I'm putting Rae with these guys to see how it goes.

Anyone else want to take it out for a spin in a game or two? More opinions on how he fares would be great!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards