Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 27th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3G Blackboard OR "Ideas for later development"

No offense was taken... don't worry about knocking my approach (it's Saturday night, Captain Engaged should be knocking boots).

I hear you man, like I said, Adventurer was one of the ideas I mulled over the minute I realized I should do them over and go with class as the key element.

I'm just sharing my thought process so that when the time comes, I may help others get to the same conclusion with less internal conflict... even if I won't get you there. Wouldn't be the first time we were very similar yet didn't completely agree.
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I really like this idea for Human Torch:

Quote:
FLAME ON
After moving and instead of attacking, you may move Human Torch up to 5 additional spaces. Roll an attack die separately for each figure that Human Torch passes over while using Flame ON. If you roll a skull, that figure receives a wound. You may not roll an attack die more than once for each figure Human Torch passes over when using Flame On.
I think this would offer the Fan 4 some much needed squad control, and also serve as a bit of an equalizer for Heavy Hitters.

Last edited by Griffin; March 4th, 2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sort of like Trample Stomp but aerial? Cool.
Should it be a special attack, though? GBob posted something somewhere recently about the dangers of using unblockable attack dice in mechanics ... where was that ... for some reason I'm associating that with A3n, but since I read about every thread around here, I'm having trouble recalling. Can anyone help me out on that one?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

The rule he gave was that if you roll attack dice, it needs to be a special attack. The example used was Pelloth.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:01 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, but I was looking for the specific post so I could relay his rationale.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 28th, 2010, 12:15 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

He gave no rationale beyond the fact that it uses attack dice, so I can only assume that that fact alone is enough to make it a special attack. Here's the post, and quoted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
If Pelloth is engaged, he can use Wrath against the guy he's engaged with.
I've gotta confess I'm getting confused now, GB. Pelloth chooses a Drow within five without consideration for whether or not he's engaged, but the affected units of the attack dice must be engaged figures until he is no longer engaged? Is that correct?

~Aldin, blending his special abilities and special attacks until he's not quite sure exactly what this is
Because this uses attack dice we had to make it a special attack.
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:33 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think Bats might be confusing the quotes this recently referred to (in NM24 by SD) quote might be what he was thinking of:
Quote:
Cool alien queen. The pic turned out good. Acid blood has some issues however. Using attack dice in a power is very tricky. Is Acid Blood an attack? If so is it subject to height bonus? What about LOS? You don't need LOS for an attack, but what about this ability? How do figures with tough work with acid blood? If you are rolling attack dice on your turn against my guys on my turn, what possible odd effects could result? Marro dividers? TKN etc..
Cheers
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:35 AM

All the more reason to make it a special attack if it uses attack dice...
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:06 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I think that a SA would be best if we went that route.
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:42 AM

Human Torch

Here is the update for Spidey to archive:

Quote:
FLAME ON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 1.

After moving, you may move Human Torch up to 5 additional spaces. Roll one attack die separately for each figure that Human Torch passes over while using Flame ON. If you roll a skull, that figure receives one unblockable wound. You may not roll an attack die more than once for each figure Human Torch passes over when using Flame On.

Last edited by Griffin; March 4th, 2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM

Yeah - that was the one - thanks, A3n! Um, so, I know it's late in the game, but given this info, should we consider doing Pyro's Engulf as a D20 power (11 or higher)?

Old February 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah - that was the one - thanks, A3n! Um, so, I know it's late in the game, but given this info, should we consider doing Pyro's Engulf as a D20 power (11 or higher)?
Good call. That would be different wording with the exact same effect and probability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy